ADVERTISEMENT

DLS-Riordan postponed, not cancelled (per CIF)

Embarrassing. De La travelled all the way to sf from concord only to not be able to play the game.

Because a students parent is sick...maybe not even with Corona.

I am with you, isn’t the flu more serious...what i find hilarious is posters try to become so righteous about sports over public health safety...oh that must have been a fan of SHC

I am with you, isn’t the flu more serious...what i find hilarious is posters try to become so righteous about sports over public health safety...oh that must have been a fan of SHC

Wait the game was being played in city rampant with human feces strewn along its sidewalks, hypodermics lying all over and their worried about health because of this? Embarrassing.

Best quote I saw from a yahoo news article:

78 people have been shot and killed in Chicago this year.....are they stopping basketball games from being played in Chicago?

For Riordan/DLS this is going to be interested. The Finals are scheduled on 3/10...so will they play 3/9 at night then play less than 24 hours later in the finals? Looks like it. Huge advantage for Campo/Salesian winner.

Reactions: DonniePeckerwood
Embarrassing. De La travelled all the way to sf from concord only to not be able to play the game.

Because a students parent is sick...maybe not even with Corona.
Concord to san Francisco is not a trek that thousands dont do daily. You go zero to 100 real quick

Reactions: cougar15
So when the Deer valley shooting happened and people thought deer valley was playing on the road because of it people thought that was a good idea....
But people think this is so dumb over some virus.

Concord to san Francisco is not a trek that thousands dont do daily. You go zero to 100 real quick

You think the DLS players are happy they got all hyped up, drove 40 minutes across the bridge, only to find out they aren't playing. Then play Monday when the traffic is destined to be a lot more congested.

Honestly at this point, I'm just happy their playing the game!

You think the DLS players are happy they got all hyped up, drove 40 minutes across the bridge, only to find out they aren't playing. Then play Monday when the traffic is destined to be a lot more congested.

Hopefully they’ll play the game. It’s not a done deal. Per this article, a student (non-basketball player) and family member were ill, and were being tested. If they test negative, the game will be played Monday. If positive, decisions will have to be made.

https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2020/0...la-salle-semifinal-game-at-riordan-postponed/

Reactions: HSWIZARD73
Hopefully they’ll play the game. It’s not a done deal. Per this article, a student (non-basketball player) and family member were ill, and were being tested. If they test negative, the game will be played Monday. If positive, decisions will have to be made.

https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2020/0...la-salle-semifinal-game-at-riordan-postponed/
I heard what I would consider a very reliable source that if the tests are positive Riordan season would be over. And I would have to say if a student, the school would have to be sanitized and every other student would have to be monitored for a certain period of time that would put them in the same boat as Sheldon, not being able to meet the schedule. This is a very unfortunate set of circumstances, truly unreal and if I was the kids in Sheldon and the coaching staff I would be devastated. Work so hard, and as Marvin Bagley said, this is how my brothers season ended, it’s not right.

I heard what I would consider a very reliable source that if the tests are positive Riordan season would be over. And I would have to say if a student, the school would have to be sanitized and every other student would have to be monitored for a certain period of time that would put them in the same boat as Sheldon, not being able to meet the schedule. This is a very unfortunate set of circumstances, truly unreal and if I was the kids in Sheldon and the coaching staff I would be devastated. Work so hard, and as Marvin Bagley said, this is how my brothers season ended, it’s not right.

If Riordan’s season also gets cancelled...they should talk to Sheldon and agree to play a game at Oakland Arena for some sort of de facto championship.

Per Riordan's website and letter via email, the parent tested positive for corona virus and school is closed Monday. Given that information, highly possible the season is over.

Reactions: ayalar09
Additionally, it would seem rather doubtful that the game would be played at Riordan if it's played at all. So where?

Reactions: ayalar09
They could have played the game without any fans in the gym, that would have been a better out come, just teams and Refs.

Not that I would agree with decision to cancel the Riordan game if there were a ‘positive’ test result from a student/ parent on campus, but at least I’d understand the argument to do so. The Sheldon scenario is much different, with the entire district being shut down for a single student in one school. Considering the amount of schools in what is the largest district in Northern California, statistically speaking, it’s highly probable Sheldon was forced to forfeit its season due to a sick kid from a different school. WTH????

Last edited:

I know you just like to talk to talk but their isn't a kid who is a real Hooper who cares what time or day or place. They dont need help getting hyped.

Riordan's website and letter via email, the parent tested positive for corona virus and school is closed Monday. Given that information, highly possible the season is over

Game should be canceled. The school should be closed until the parents child is tested.

THIS IS FALSE. Kick this moron off the site. No student has as yet tested positve. Stop posting bullshit.

You may be the moron for your lack of reading skills. What he said is in fact true...the parent tested positive and the school will be closed Monday. He never mentioned a student.

Reactions: WM483 and Tammy1029
THIS IS FALSE. Kick this moron off the site. No student has as yet tested positve. Stop

So you are saying the email the president and principal of the school sent out is false? Sorry TurtleloveCA but the emsil was sent out that A PARENT of a student tested positive and the school is closed Monday

Ayalar, it's not the Oregon Trail in a covered wagon. Those kids won't care about that at all. They are excited and looking forward to straping it on.
Enjoy the games! I wish I could be there..

Here's wishing you great hoops

Ayalar, it's not the Oregon Trail in a covered wagon. Those kids won't care about that at all. They are excited and looking forward to straping it on.
Enjoy the games! I wish I could be there..

Here's wishing you great hoops
Lmao.. forgive him.. he never played basketball

Wait the game was being played in city rampant with human feces strewn along its sidewalks, hypodermics lying all over and their worried about health because of this? Embarrassing.

And epicentres in bedroom communities like Kirkland, Vacaville and Santa Clara.

Get over with you class system opinions

You may be the moron for your lack of reading skills. What he said is in fact true...the parent tested positive and the school will be closed Monday. He never mentioned a student.

No hes right. I typed and student. Student wasnt confirmed. Only the parent. I was 66.7% right. Riordan closed Monday. Parent confirmed to have tested positive. Im sorry, apparently have a typo is something that cant be forgiven.

Guess it's gameday and they still havent announced the time or location yet....not looking good...

Reactions: cityfan
Guess it's gameday and they still havent announced the time or location yet....not looking good...
Well, I heard from a Riordan parent that a email went out this AM, that person was at work so he was called from another parent, and apparently that email does note a student has been confirmed. I am sure more details will follow. And I would assume it would be the child of the two parents per Riordans website as of yesterday who were confirmed. Sure more details will follow as the day progresses. It would be terrible news, but as I said on another thread the chances of a kid getting it from the parents is probably pretty darn high.

The time and location have been determined (7pm @ De La Salle). However, Riordan needs to confirm if they can play pending review from SF Health officials and Archdiocese. If Riordan can't play, DLS and Campolindo play tomorrow.

Riordan's administration took the correct action in postponing there game.sheldon has There school district to blame for the mess Its school district took in CANCELING there Game.
Hopefully the riordan dela game gets to be played as well as the Sheldon Dublin game.

Last edited:
Just heard on 95.7 the game. Riordan Coach Joey Curtain has texted the Chronicle and their season is over. There will be no game played tonight.

Lincoln has also ended their season due to Coronavirus and Brookside Christian will advance to the State finals.

Just so sad

IMHO CIF needs to cancel the remaining games. What's the use of continuing to run a tournament with 50% of the teams dropping out? It would take the onus off the school districts making the impossible choice of whether to play / host a game or not. Even if they continue there will be a HUGE * next to the winners so I think it's a lose - lose proposition in continuing onward.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT