ADVERTISEMENT

DLS-Riordan postponed, not cancelled (per CIF)

Ankle has made at least 20 asinine comments today alone. Calling him out for his idiotic comments is absolutely correct, serdaprs

The Department of Public Health Trumps everything. In both SF and Santa Clara events are being canceled upon their recommendation.

But if the US were to have an outbreak like Italy, it can be just as disastrous. The virus affected 600 just 10 days ago and now there are 10,000 reported cases in Italy. That is pretty fast spread. Do we want the same here. Just like that in SF last week it was less than 20 in the 9 counties and in one week that figure has tripled at least. So are we being over cautious or are we being pro active in trying to contain a virus?

Btw these figures I quoted exclude the 41 on that cruise ship that docked in Oakland today.

I get everyone's frustration but is it worth exposing persons to a deadly virus?

Reactions: Renard Monroe
The Department of Public Health Trumps everything. In both SF and Santa Clara events are being canceled upon their recommendation.

But if the US were to have an outbreak like Italy, it can be just as disastrous. The virus affected 600 just 10 days ago and now there are 10,000 reported cases in Italy. That is pretty fast spread. Do we want the same here. Just like that in SF last week it was less than 20 in the 9 counties and in one week that figure has tripled at least. So are we being over cautious or are we being pro active in trying to contain a virus?

Btw these figures I quoted exclude the 41 on that cruise ship that docked in Oakland today.

I get everyone's frustration but is it worth exposing persons to a deadly virus?

The numbers you quoted aren’t accurate because very few have received the tests. To say only “600” were affected is simply false. Perhaps 600 cases were reported due to testing, but the simple fact is that wayyyyy more people have already been infected and exposed. Numbers will go up as more tests are given. Many have likely had the virus and didn’t even recognize it due to limited symptoms. Also, the mortality rates will drop exponentially as well. In the beginning, only the very sick were tested, hence the high rates. As more tests become available, you’ll see more overall cases, but fewer percentages of people getting very sick/dying.
I’m not stating that this isn’t a very serious situation, but the numbers, as they relate to the virus, are nowhere near accurate, as we simply don’t have very good testing in place.

Last edited:
The numbers you quoted aren’t accurate because very few have received the tests. To say only “600” were affected is simply false. Perhaps 600 cases were reported due to testing, but the simple fact is that wayyyyy more people have already been infected and exposed. Numbers will go up as more tests are given. Many have likely had the virus and didn’t even recognize it due to limited symptoms. Also, the mortality rates will drop exponentially as well. In the beginning, only the very sick were tested, hence the high rates. As more tests become available, you’ll see more overall cases, but fewer percentages of people getting very sick/dying.
I’m not stating that this isn’t a very serious situation, but the numbers, as they relate to the virus, are nowhere near accurate, as we simply don’t have very good testing in place.

Those are numbers released in Italy not the USA. So going by the Italian newspaper saying there were 600 and then 20 days later over 10,000 cases. I never mentioned testing. Just going by the numbers given in the Italian news not USA.

If you look at other countries. FRANCE and Japan have both closed schools for foreseeable future, Italy has banned not only public sporting events, but funerals, weddings and other public events. This is not something to take lightly. This is just crazy but it is what it is.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT