ADVERTISEMENT

DLS Serra game

the head coach needs to go. It's time they revamp the program. This for sure should of been a blow out. That OC at Serra needs to be yelled at and have his job security threatened. It was super sloppy. Going from watching Bosco play in person, to watching the ESPN U stream on my phone of Serra was super frustrating and aggravating.
And yet the Bosco OC used to be the Serra OC.

Also, you’ve mentioned throughout this thread how frustrated you are with Serra. Maybe consider a new hobby?

Serra was ready to take down DLS last year. That team was loaded and had a game changer in “Missile” Mahasin.

I can’t recall a time when I’ve seen so many plays with either too many or not enough DLS players on field in DLS games this year and last. Tonight, twice with 12 men on field penalties and several other plays with only 10. these are special team plays so the players who should be on the field should be set. This is not Alumbaugh’s fault.

As for Serra OC, you have a match up with a tall receiver versus a short freshman cornerback near the goal line and you don’t run a corner route and throw it high like Pittsburg did. You try to run it in instead and fumble.

i was watching the 4th quarter with someone from Dallas. They said.... these kids on serra and de la salle look like middle schoolers compared to texas high schoolers. i said this the best they got up north.

I said it last week after watching the entire DLS vs. MT on tape. I thought DLS was complete garbage. They were in danger of losing to Monterrey Trail at one point.

I was right a few years back and predicted this- They won't be a big draw at some point. They won't be able to poach all the best kids from the Bay and Sacramento. People will stay put for a variety of reasons, and the emergence of various public school programs (cough, cough).

They are still a good high school team with their system. Other than the TE and MAYBE a few lineman, I believe most of their players would NOT start on most good NorCal squads.

i was watching the 4th quarter with someone from Dallas. They said.... these kids on serra and de la salle look like middle schoolers compared to texas high schoolers. i said this the best they got up north.
Meh Texas is overrated too, those Allen boys threw in the towel against Bosco at home within 2 minutes of the game starting not too impressive either

both teams had plenty of size that’s not true and both starting QBs are 6’4 not sure if Texas QBs happen to be 6’6-6’8?? Doubt it

I can’t recall a time when I’ve seen so many plays with either too many or not enough DLS players on field in DLS games this year and last. Tonight, twice with 12 men on field penalties and several other plays with only 10. these are special team plays so the players who should be on the field should be set. This is not Alumbaugh’s fault.

As for Serra OC, you have a match up with a tall receiver versus a short freshman cornerback near the goal line and you don’t run a corner route and throw it high like Pittsburg did. You try to run it in instead and fumble.
Goal line fades are famously ineffective. Often just a waste of a play.

Meh Texas is overrated too, those Allen boys threw in the towel against Bosco at home within 2 minutes of the game starting not too impressive either

both teams had plenty of size that’s not true and both starting QBs are 6’4 not sure if Texas QBs happen to be 6’6-6’8?? Doubt it
This is where context matters in writing. Awful post.

Texas is "overrated?" Are you kidding me? Have you ever left your bubble and been to a game there.
Could you imagine what teams like Allen would do to Marin Catholic? What about "Friday night lights" communities all over Texas showing up to Kentfield on a Saturday, no lights, on a backyard field?

Dude- you really either need to get out more. Or, you need a reality check lol.

"Texas is overrated." lol :)

i watched that duncanville vs south oak cliff game last week. 47 players were going to play college football. 25 already had multiple power 5 scholarships, all 4 defensive backs for SOC were committed to power 5. the qbs werent 6'6 but that surely doesnt mean they are meh. whatever meh is.
to be fair, de la salle, folsom, serra and sierra would throw in the towel vs bosco as well. QRtrin can verify that.

Reactions: QPRTrinity

and the 6;4 de la salle qb shouldnt be playing qb. i could do better

• Wow
Reactions: colhenrylives
i watched that duncanville vs south oak cliff game last week. 47 players were going to play college football. 25 already had multiple power 5 scholarships, all 4 defensive backs for SOC were committed to power 5. the qbs werent 6'6 but that surely doesnt mean they are meh. whatever meh is.
to be fair, de la salle, folsom, serra and sierra would throw in the towel vs bosco as well. QRtrin can verify that.
Don't even listen to that clown. Look at his posting history. Mainly trolling.

Dude watches HSFB on Saturday's in a backyard. Not exactly the mecca of CA HSFB

• Haha
Reactions: QPRTrinity

yup most top levels programs from anywhere in the country probably have physical size and don’t look like “middle schoolers” I 100% agree with you there

it was close game. If DLS was up against the trinity or D1/D2 in socal they would get destroyed. This game should of been a blow out. Serra was playing good they just had so many Fumbles and an interception. They need to clean it up because they will not get this lucky again in WCAL or the playoffs. But congrats. This is a good win away.
You Mean Like TL Team and D2 Champ OLU who Lost To Lowly public School Edision 34-13 last Night??…. 🤣

You are such an idiot you don’t even know your own League….. 🤣🤣

You Mean Like TL Team and D2 Champ OLU who Lost To Lowly public School Edision 34-13 last Night??…. 🤣

I was surprise by the MD Centennial score. 7th team in the nation got blown out. They were down damn near 30 after 3 quarters. So are they really the 7th best team in the nation. And MD didn’t score in the 4th so they must have put the brakes on, they would have easily won by 40 plus

Edison is not lowly 😂 they are primed for a deep run in playoffs this year. I know the coaches at O Lu and played against them when their OC was one of the top QBs in the country. They'll bounce back. They're very young this year with sophomore qb TJ Lateef.

Edison is not lowly 😂 they are primed for a deep run in playoffs this year. I know the coaches at O Lu and played against them when their OC was one of the top QBs in the country. They'll bounce back. They're very young this year with sophomore qb TJ Lateef.
In the words of the great sporting sage Gary Radnich, "Nobody cares."

I was surprise by the MD Centennial score. 7th team in the nation got blown out. They were down damn near 30 after 3 quarters. So are they really the 7th best team in the nation. And MD didn’t score in the 4th so they must have put the brakes on, they would have easily won by 40 plus
Cen10 was Way Overrated in the Polls this year…. People looked too much at that Close loss to MD in the Playoffs last year and projected it out to this year….

Cen10 lost a bunch in Defense to Graduation and Their Beat Defensive player and Best RB both transferred to SJB….

Reactions: RedZone90
Sure…. Whatever you say….. Would Edison Beat Folsom This Year?….. 🤣

ok so I am really trying to find major interest in high school football for a few reasons. You mentioned the OC who is Aaron Corp. But I have a question. He was undrafted, signed by the Bills in 2012 and my co workers brother made a great living in Buffalo, a nor cal kid, in 2012 and a few other years, and he went to USC and transferred to Richmond. You classify that as a top QB in the country. Maybe I am missing something but when guys are the top of the craft, I am expecting them to be drafted no matter the sport. The best MD hoop player hands down is Stanley Johnson. 4 state titles. I adored his mom, he made it. So please since you are a big football guy tell me what I need to know about “top football” players in the country and I am being sincere, not a ahole.

Cen10 was Way Overrated in the Polls this year…. People looked too much at that Close loss to MD in the Playoffs last year and projected it out to this year….

Cen10 lost a bunch in Defense to Graduation and Their Beat Defensive player and Best RB both transferred to SJB….
Just like Coach Walsh and his OC, Logan needs to fire his DC. So much talent in defense in CEN10s rich history like Drake Jackson and Vontaze Burfict, but the D gives up so many points. Cen10 will be better this year just gotta hit the drawing board

Lol, always hated Radnich, haven't thought about him in years. Wasn't he missing fingers and always hid on Air? Maybe myth...
Yes, It was a Birth Defect he was Born without a couple of fingers…. He still managed to be a College Level Basketball player and played for UNLV even with the disability…..

Yes, It was a Birth Defect he was Born without a couple of fingers…. He still managed to be a College Level Basketball player and played for UNLV even with the disability…..
That's impressive, I didn't know about the congenital disability. I thought, if it was true, surely someone bit them off.

• Haha
Reactions: THEOC89
Why is it a good win? DLS sucks, remember. They'll lose again twice more I think.Not the achievement it once was, clearly

Serra's offensive line is huge.

you said “they looked like middle schoolers” not “played like middle schoolers” lol
Dumb post. Serra has a roster of 78. Kids are massive. Middle schoolers? Maybe in texas where you grad Hs at 20. Bosco, mater dei, and probably centennial would smash anybody from texas. Bosco already did. Best football has and always will be played in calif.

No, I don't think De La Salle, Folsom, Serra etc would quit against St. John Bosco. They might get frustrated at playing a junior college team assembled from throughout SoCal, but they would not quit.

For the record I listened to G-Rad daily for years, guy was authentic which is rare..

And before anyone can say it ..... "Nobody cares..."
@Rmbr26 can we look forward to your astute WCAL analysis and projections this season?

@Rmbr26 can we look forward to your astute WCAL analysis and projections this season?
Thanks for asking Jordan24 & as with others I always look forward to your posts & comments. Currently post-pandemic making some life-changes & traveling which limits my time somewhat. Attempting to get back in the flow of WCAL & HS sports as something I really love and feel a connection to. I will start up some more serious posting as time & travel allows, but sure appreciate you asking for sure! Best wishes & stay in touch Jordan24...
Oh and almost forgot - as not to forget colhenrylives a true original on this post board & someboday whose posts I've enjoyed for years... really good stuff as they say :)

Thanks for asking Jordan24 & as with others I always look forward to your posts & comments. Currently post-pandemic making some life-changes & traveling which limits my time somewhat. Attempting to get back in the flow of WCAL & HS sports as something I really love and feel a connection to. I will start up some more serious posting as time & travel allows, but sure appreciate you asking for sure! Best wishes & stay in touch Jordan24...
Oh and almost forgot - as not to forget colhenrylives a true original on this post board & someboday whose posts I've enjoyed for years... really good stuff as they say :)
We look forward to your posts!
All the best to you @Rmbr26 and safe travels.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT