ADVERTISEMENT

Folsom (13-1) vs Cathedral (12-1) in D1–AA State Bowl

yes, although parents fought to bring him back

My observations are that he is a high quality guy and any right-minded parent would always fight to have their kid coached by that guy. No B.S. Very disciplined. Runs the same offense. High performing athlete in his own right. Wants to compete at the highest level. Believes hard work delivers results. Rewards hard work. Kids want to play for him.

My observations are that he is a high quality guy and any right-minded parent would always fight to have their kid coached by that guy. No B.S. Very disciplined. Runs the same offense. High performing athlete in his own right. Wants to compete at the highest level. Believes hard work delivers results. Rewards hard work. Kids want to play for him.

I agree with these observations. As to the developments at Whitney, more to the story and lessons learned. Bottom line, you want this man leading a football program in our area. Great for the kids.

DLS has very little to no chance next year. MD has already picked up what is probably going to be considered the best RB in CA next year. He had a very good game against dls this year. I’m sure he won’t be the only transfer.
You don't know who Kendall Milton is, do you?

Reactions: ThunderRam

I think that is who he was referring to. There was a rumor (not sure if there is anything to it or if it was a joke because of all the talk of their transfers) on here earlier that he was going to be transferring to Mater Dei.

Except this is two years in a row that Folsom has had to battle against the SDS champions so now we have a pattern.Beat hell outta NorCal struggle with San Diego

Not exactly true for 2017. They nearly lost to Sac Hi (trailed most of the game & tacked on a TD with under a minute to go to win by 9) after losing to them the season before, only beat Oakdale by 16, and played relatively close games against Oak Ridge (won by 14) and Jesuit (won by 13).

That's 4 games that they didn't beat the hell out of NorCal. So the close game against Helix wasn't exactly a shocker.

But this season, you're spot on. Only DLS played a competitive 4 quarter game against them until Cathedral.

I certainly do. ;) I was spreading the word about him well before Buchanan faced DLS. That kid is a beast. Hoping he ends up at tOSU.

Last I checked a few months ago, Milton and Ngata were the 2 top RB's from CA for the class of 2020

I certainly do. ;) I was spreading the word about him well before Buchanan faced DLS. That kid is a beast. Hoping he ends up at tOSU.

Last I checked a few months ago, Milton and Ngata were the 2 top RB's from CA for the class of 2020

Assuming little Ngata stays in CA.

Not sure what you mean. I definitely know of him but no I’m not calling him to do lunch. Not sure why it matters he’s still one of the top running backs in CA. And according to him he will be at MD next year.

LL, anyone is welcome to correct me but it is been shared with me in local HS football circles that Whitney was not the only place Doherty walked on the edge and might not have been the first time he had been caught crossing the line.

I'm with you LL. Optics not good if he is hired as HC.

This guy had WHS best team since it's back to back section teams and possibly it's best ever team suspended from the play offs. I am sure the parents backed him bc they were in hope the ruling would be reversed.
That football program is in ruins....0-10 last season....Hard to fathom a program such as Folsom would be willing to sacrifice it's self for someone who admitted to break numerous rule violations after he was warned....Bad ju ju...IMHO

This guy had WHS best team since it's back to back section teams and possibly it's best ever team suspended from the play offs. I am sure the parents backed him bc they were in hope the ruling would be reversed.
That football program is in ruins....0-10 last season....Hard to fathom a program such as Folsom would be willing to sacrifice it's self for someone who admitted to break numerous rule violations after he was warned....Bad ju ju...IMHO

Ruins might be attributed to a big drop off in coaching.

Totally agree. I've heard plenty of folks close to the program that say he's a "low" character guy. Say what you want about Richardson but his kids were not lacking in that department. ITs really hard to get caught and penalized for cheating. You have to be both stupid and arrogant to have it happen.

Reactions: RidgeRider
It will be interesting to see who they hire coaching wise....i wonder, if an outside coach such as the OC at MD as someone proposed, was brought onto coach folsom, would you see an small influx of students who might normally be 2nd or 3rd string, find a way to transfer (parents buy or rent in folsom) to folsom to give themselves an opportunity to start if such a hire happens

Also couple comments about previous posts...i made a comment regarding people talking about the ngata boys transffering..that was in relation to people who keep peddling this notion that they just transferred in, which has been disproven time and again and its getting old, plus these same people have no issue with MD or SJB transfers but hate on folsom for something that isnt true

Secondly, i agree that normally DLS is a notch above Folsom but plz stop saying that this year that folsom was somehow below...a loss doesnt mean so..if the shoebwas reversed would we be saying dls is a notch below folsom..they lost by 14 when at one point should have been up 7 - 0, they had 5 turnovers, couldnt punch the ball in when in the redzone, were 0-0 on the 3rd, and much more..folsom and dls were peers this year and in 2014 and maybe 2017 and 2010...but stop hating on folsom not being at dls level..i thinknit is MD SJB and then DLS and Folsom this year and maybe CCorona

Totally agree. I've heard plenty of folks close to the program that say he's a "low" character guy. Say what you want about Richardson but his kids were not lacking in that department. ITs really hard to get caught and penalized for cheating. You have to be both stupid and arrogant to have it happen.

Disagree completely.

Secondly, i agree that normally DLS is a notch above Folsom but plz stop saying that this year that folsom was somehow below...a loss doesnt mean so..if the shoebwas reversed would we be saying dls is a notch below folsom..they lost by 14 when at one point should have been up 7 - 0, they had 5 turnovers, couldnt punch the ball in when in the redzone, were 0-0 on the 3rd, and much more..folsom and dls were peers this year and in 2014 and maybe 2017 and 2010...but stop hating on folsom not being at dls level..i thinknit is MD SJB and then DLS and Folsom this year and maybe CCorona
I like Folsom. They are not nor have they ever been “peers” of dls. They ARE a notch below. I’m not sure what a “shoebwas” is. But I know what you meant and yes if you take all the dls players and coach’s switch uniforms with all the Folsom players and coach’s then yes dls would be a notch below Folsom. At what point should it have been 7-0? In almost the same sentence you say they couldn’t punch the ball in when in the red zone. And the 5 turnovers happened because dls was all over Bennett. I’m not at all a fan of either team but Folsom is not on the same level as dls.

I like Folsom. They are not nor have they ever been “peers” of dls. They ARE a notch below. I’m not sure what a “shoebwas” is. But I know what you meant and yes if you take all the dls players and coach’s switch uniforms with all the Folsom players and coach’s then yes dls would be a notch below Folsom. At what point should it have been 7-0? In almost the same sentence you say they couldn’t punch the ball in when in the red zone. And the 5 turnovers happened because dls was all over Bennett. I’m not at all a fan of either team but Folsom is not on the same level as dls.

You are Exactly Right!.... @Jfoyosoul Just loves to put his spin on a how a 2 TD shutout loss puts Folsom on the Same Level as DLS... He then follows it with 2014 "We were just as good" Even though essentially the same players from Folsom lost to the same players at DLS by 3 TD both years Prior....

Since Folsom Has Never Come Close to Beating DLS on the Field (Other then a 2 TD Shutout Loss) or Played in the Open, they are not and have never been on the same "Level" as DLS... No matter how many times you post it on a message board...

Folsom = D1-AA, DLS= Open, Those are 2 Different "Levels"....

It all seems pretty simple and logical to me.... :)

He continues to replay the game on this board as a win for the blue field team. Blue delusion.

Last edited:
Reactions: THEOC89
IMHO the blue field guys are going to come down out of the stratosphere.
The non recruited incoming freshman will slow down and I just don't see the program staying at the level it has been......it was lonely at the top but they will have plenty of company now....

Actually in 2012 and 2013 the Folsom losses to DLS were more like 4-5 tds, and if DLS kept the first string in, you could have seen 6-8 td wins by DLS.

You don't come back the next year and say your team improved enough to beat DLS.

Reactions: THEOC89
Actually in 2012 and 2013 the Folsom losses to DLS were more like 4-5 tds, and if DLS kept the first string in, you could have seen 6-8 td wins by DLS.

You don't come back the next year and say your team improved enough to beat DLS.

Amen Brother!!!....:)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT