ADVERTISEMENT

Folsom (13-1) vs Cathedral (12-1) in D1–AA State Bowl

something tells me CC was preparing for Folsom all year long. They were too prepared from what I'm hearing. Yeah, they've been preparing for Folsom all year long.
Child puhhleeeeze. Lets take both hands and get a grip. Folsom is who many thought they were. Fantastic. Great. But in a San Diego round about way. All year long... LOL

The net net is that in the past two lower level SBG Folsom has (2) seven point escapes vs. San Diego teams. Puts the San Diego section on par with the SJS section. Don't think anyone would disagree with that.

Child puhhleeeeze. Lets take both hands and get a grip. Folsom is who many thought they were. Fantastic. Great. But in a San Diego round about way. All year long... LOL
Did you read where the CC coaches received help from other coaches in the SDS? Does this sound like this game was on another level of seriousness to them? Did CC use this all man on deck coaching tactic/approach to prepare for Narbonne? Shouldn't this alone tell you that Folsom is heavily on the coaches in this section mind? I'm guilty of doing this on several occasions during my time as a coach. For example, throughout the year I'd study a teams tendencies, situations and formations if I thought they were a threat from us winning a championship. Btw coacher, that's what the great coaches do not the good coaches.... I truly believe you forgot that Folsom has owned 3 of the top SDS programs in a span of 4 years which I'm sure Folsom is a nightmare/boogieman to the entire SDS HS football community. And you think they're not plotting or planning for them throughout the year. Boy puhleeeeeze, rethink your empty post and get real. SMH

Great job this year and congrats to the bulldog nation. The past two championships have been hard fought battles. Much love to cc for having a great game plan, not only this year but also a few years back when they beat an outstanding st marys team. They almost duplicated that effort last night but from the sounds of it folsom hung in there and got the last punch in. Amazing way to end the season. An overtime dog fight for a cif championship ring! Nice!

Reactions: awood1
Question out of curiosity for those who watched the game: How many field goals did Folsom try, given how often it seems from reading the comments, they got into the redzone? It sounds like one got blocked, but just wondering.

Question out of curiosity for those who watched the game: How many field goals did Folsom try, given how often it seems from reading the comments, they got into the redzone? It sounds like one got blocked, but just wondering.

Folsom tried 1 it was blocked. CC tried 1 it was wide right. Of interest the posts are narrower of college fields than HS. Had this game been played on HS field CC attempt most certainly would have been good as it looked like it traveled right over or just outside post.

You guys ignore facts..these kids started as freshman at folsom..they live in folsom and have four kver 4 years..their older brother went to folsom..its not like these guys transferred in good...no one knew of them until last year ...also the football program combined with the education and folsom community at large attracts people to relocate...this lie has been debunked time and again and we are sick of you people hating on a freaking hs football team because they arent exactly whobm u want them to be..
Excellent Post!!!!

You guys ignore facts..these kids started as freshman at folsom..they live in folsom and have four kver 4 years..their older brother went to folsom..its not like these guys transferred in good...no one knew of them until last year ...also the football program combined with the education and folsom community at large attracts people to relocate...this lie has been debunked time and again and we are sick of you people hating on a freaking hs football team because they arent exactly whobm u want them to be..

What is this even in response to? You need to channel your 70 year old DLS alum personality. That guy made more sense.

Reactions: THEOC89
My thought of the night is how many state titles do they have if they hadn’t begged out of the open regional game?
I mean congrats to them on their success that they engineered from a lack of intestinal fortitude
Important thing is Folsom got the W, and that’s what counts. Cathedral knew what they were up against and came ready to play.People didn’t give them the credit they obviously deserved going in to this one.Also, when you’ve won all season by huge margins, including the NorCal final, hard to not expect anything other than that.Easy for high school kids to read their press clippings after the kind of season Folsom had.A lesson Coach Richardson can show his team going forward.

Important thing is Folsom got the W, and that’s what counts. Cathedral knew what they were up against and came ready to play.People didn’t give them the credit they obviously deserved going in to this one.Also, when you’ve won all season by huge margins, including the NorCal final, hard to not expect anything other than that.Easy for high school kids to read their press clippings after the kind of season Folsom had.A lesson Coach Richardson can show his team going forward.

YES!!!! BINGO.... That is probably the best CC is going to play and was planning for that game all year. That was not a good performance executing by Folsom yet they still won. The team that was better won and would win 5 out of 5 times.

Reactions: awood1
Except this is two years in a row that Folsom has had to battle against the SDS champions so now we have a pattern.Beat hell outta NorCal struggle with San Diego

Except this is two years in a row that Folsom has had to battle against the SDS champions so now we have a pattern.Beat hell outta NorCal struggle with San Diego

They struggled with DLS and Central too. Hard to diminish being back to back state champs unless you are just jealous. If so, you'd have every reason to be.

They struggled with DLS and Central too. Hard to diminish being back to back state champs unless you are just jealous. If so, you'd have every reason to be.
Lol struggled with a team they put 84 on ...ok

Obviously they are not on DLS level so yeah that’s a struggle

I don’t diminish what they have done I just put it in it’s proper perspective

Folsom is the 2nd best in NorCal and probably top 5 in the state. The only thing this puts into perspective is that the top 3 are in a different level than the rest.

Folsom is the 2nd best in NorCal and probably top 5 in the state. The only thing this puts into perspective is that the top 3 are in a different level than the rest.

Are they top 5?
I don’t think they beat Centennial or JSERRA

Are they top 5?
I don’t think they beat Centennial or JSERRA

They were pretty dinged up the past two games at the RB position. Central dropped 8 and dared them to run...hard to do when you key guy is hurt. And CC's front seven played one hell of a game....although I would bet many of the Folsom runs would have been better but for the injuries which limited change of direction.

I think they are right there with those teams. Not sure you can say for sure who would win. The only thing clear is that DLS, SJB and MD are clear cut better than the rest.
Crazy part is Mayer Dei is really a young team I think dls might pull it off next year if they allow the qb to throw a lil more

Crazy part is Mayer Dei is really a young team I think dls might pull it off next year if they allow the qb to throw a lil more
DLS has very little to no chance next year. MD has already picked up what is probably going to be considered the best RB in CA next year. He had a very good game against dls this year. I’m sure he won’t be the only transfer.

Good win by Folsom. Loved how CC defended them, which made it a good game.

Last edited:
CC is basically a better version of Central offensively (with multiple D1 guys and dangerous WRs), but they had a fantastic defense this past year. Defensively they were better than Catherdal, as they have multiple D1 guys on the line, LB corps and secondary. While Folsom would move the ball, Bennett would be running for his life against elite athletes. The CC score vs MD was deceptive. MD scored and made their hay on D.
CC 45 Folsom 27

I agree with This!!!... To Me, Central looked like "The Real CC" Moving in slow motion and they still managed 46 points against Folsom's D...

And People Discredit "The Real CC's" defense because they gave up 48 Points to MD... 28 of those were on the QB Position... MD's Offense only put up 20 on that Defense....

I See it more Like 60-14 Type of Game... But Maybe you are right and Folsom puts up some more Points because CC's Defense is "Gassed" From their Offense Scoring so much... :)

There are 7 major national ranking services for high school football. A compilation among those put Folsom at #15 in the nation.

That's out of about 14500 schools.

If that's not elite, I don't know what is.
Thanks for the data..i believe maxpreps composite rankings has them 9 overall with avg ranking of 14 ...the 9th place reflects they have the 9th highest avg ranking across the board and doesnt match overall because some may be ranked 10 in one poll and 23 in 4 others so avg score is higher than actual ranking

And true, there may be other teams who could have same recors but arent considered elite...i really wonder how they determine that...i guess you have to use deductive reasoning...if md who beat sjb bg and img and then beats dls (who has decades of dominance, national schedules against elite out of state teams, etc.) By 14 and folsom lose a very close and winnable game against dls, then logic says folsom is one of top 15 - 25 teams..but yes it can be very subjective across the country..it seems like only large schools are really considered elite

Folsom is elite, it's just by comparison to some of the other teams where the IMG/MD/SJB's have set the bar higher than it's ever been. These past couple of years we've seen the most stacked teams from top to bottom that we've ever seen in high school football.

Reactions: remc and RidgeRider
Folsom is elite, it's just by comparison to some of the other teams where the IMG/MD/SJB's have set the bar higher than it's ever been. These past couple of years we've seen the most stacked teams from top to bottom that we've ever seen in high school football.
They are an elite SJS and NorCal team but not an elite CA or National team. MD and SJB have raised the bar to another level. Its difficult to place Folsom in that same category.

Reactions: remc and RidgeRider
They are an elite SJS and NorCal team but not an elite CA or National team. MD and SJB have raised the bar to another level. Its difficult to place Folsom in that same category.

Agreed. When you have guys that aren't starters going D1 schools that is pretty ridiculous. Folsom last decade + has been one of the better teams in Norcal history behind DLS but on a national elite level they aren't there. Although probably a legit 10-20th type nationally this year. The problem is after 1-5 on the national ranking you have a huge fall off. You gotta think the dynasty is coming to an end now with all the coaching changes. In any event we might not see anything like what we've seen in the SJS again.

Agreed. When you have guys that aren't starters going D1 schools that is pretty ridiculous. Folsom last decade + has been one of the better teams in Norcal history behind DLS but on a national elite level they aren't there. Although probably a legit 10-20th type nationally this year. The problem is after 1-5 on the national ranking you have a huge fall off. You gotta think the dynasty is coming to an end now with all the coaching changes. In any event we might not see anything like what we've seen in the SJS again.

Definitely the best coaching staff that I've ever seen in the SJS. They set the bar extremely high. Although I've seen teams with superior and/or equally talented players, it's hard to argue against the quality of their coaching staff. Its also hard to argue against a team with great players and superior coaching staffs.

Folsom has shown us the importance of putting together an incredible coaching staff. Anyone who watches things closely enough can see that the Bulldogs have an incredible staff. It's been the best in the SJS. Troy Taylor is the real deal!

Definitely the best coaching staff that I've ever seen in the SJS. They set the bar extremely high. Although I've seen teams with superior and/or equally talented players, it's hard to argue against the quality of their coaching staff. Its also hard to argue against a team with great players and superior coaching staffs.

Folsom has shown us the importance of putting together an incredible coaching staff. Anyone who watches things closely enough can see that the Bulldogs have an incredible staff. It's been the best in the SJS. Troy Taylor is the real deal!

It will be interesting to see who is next up. My bet is Paul Doherty.

Didn't Doherty leave Whitney program in shambles? Probation? Internal issues. Wasn't he fired?

Could you imagine that job interview. I mean that is like being down 0-2 to Nolan Ryan back in the day. Sorry but why in the world would you hire a guy with that baggage to a program without any? A lot of people were bitter at Folsom but they didn't cheat. I have a hard time believing this guy gets the job. I mean its the same area as well. Its not like he's coming from Iowa with some baggage.

Reactions: Kickingtee18
Could you imagine that job interview. I mean that is like being down 0-2 to Nolan Ryan back in the day. Sorry but why in the world would you hire a guy with that baggage to a program without any? A lot of people were bitter at Folsom but they didn't cheat. I have a hard time believing this guy gets the job. I mean its the same area as well. Its not like he's coming from Iowa with some baggage.

LL, anyone is welcome to correct me but it is been shared with me in local HS football circles that Whitney was not the only place Doherty walked on the edge and might not have been the first time he had been caught crossing the line.

I'm with you LL. Optics not good if he is hired as HC.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT