ADVERTISEMENT

Friday scores - Week 3 - 09/08 & 09/09

Nice punt by Serra has the Raiders backed up on their 2 yard line. CC punting from their endzone.

I’m impressed with Serra’s defense, not so much their offense.
And soon after saying it, Serra throws deep for a TD (prior attempt was batted down). Serra up 24-7 deep in the 3rd quarter.

I think this game is over. It will be very difficult for CC to climb back in it with only over a quarter left. Switching back to DLS vs SF.

Bishop Gorman all over visiting Centennial on ESPNU 49-14. Just starting the 4th Qtr.

Serra now up 31-7 early in 4th as game has now slipped away from CC with Padres in full control.

DLS up 21-17 over St. Francis in 4th, much closer than expected.
Shocking how empty the St. Francis Lancers homestands are, looks like hardly anyone turned out for Friday nite lights game against one of NorCal's most highly regarded teams.

Reactions: NorCalSportsFan
DLS’s feed is a few minutes behind St. Francis’s feed, but appreciate the announcers and score being posted (unlike the Lancer’s feed). DLS chewing up clock and scoring on QB run now up 28-17 into the 4th quarter.

DLS up 28-17 with less than 3 min left in the game with the ball in the redzone, now inside the 5 and about to drive a stake in it. First and goal. DLS RB Kelly with the TD run.

DLS 35 SF 17 with 1:59 remaining in the game.

DLS 35 SF 17 final.

Next week is going to be a good one between DLS and St. Mary’s! Where do I order my tickets?

GOFAN not showing this game available for tickets.

Reactions: concrete17
Folsom 49 Turlock 7 final. Folsom moved ball at will and didn't need the five, at least, turnovers from Turlock. Turlock's offense anemic even before the starting QB went out with an injury. Running clock in second half. Turlock plays Clayton Valley at home next Friday with very real possibility of going 0-5 to start the season, exactly as I figured would happen when I saw the schedule. Hard to tell how Turlock compares to other teams in immediate area as none of them, with the exception of Central Catholic, have played anyone even remotely close to the level Turlock has played. But it's safe to say that huge upset against St. Mary's last year would not happen this year.

GAMES OF SURPRISE...There are a few more these were picked as the most interesting...
Calif.ornia 42 Escalon 21..,Who would have expected for Calif to walk over Escalon
Windsor 14 Campolindo 14...A tie no OT..This is the big surprise as you never would have thought that the Cougar Coach would back out of a game..He has faced may tough bal games, but not expected from him..
Amador Valley 14 Acalanes 12....A real battle, Acalanes has been a score maker in the past in last year, the Don's steamed roller several teams..Amador is in the middle of business and how the school keeps up coming up with the talent winning games makes you wonder..
Pittsburg 10 Monterey Trail 7...One of the toughest games the Pirates have faced this season so farlots ofd work to be prepared for next game.
Cardinal Newman.....30 Vintage 27...A FG was the difference on a stubborn Vintage that would not give up.

That decision to play play overtime has got to be made before the game. Knowing if there will be overtime or not would dictate strategy late in the game whether to go for the win or tie.
That is a absolutely terrible take! You play all games to win. If that means an extra period to decide to decide it, so be it. I have never heard a coach say, “We are going down to play team A and if it ends in a tie, we’re cool with that.”

Clovis West (3-1) down 0-20 in the 2nd quarter after throwing 3 INTs, comes back to win 21-20 over Bullard (1-3).

Reactions: BayAreaBorn
Caught some of newman game and they were sloppy with costly turnovers and vintage played inspired. Newman escapes with game winning FG 30-27 but they need to clean it up big time.

Reactions: THEOC89
That is a absolutely terrible take! You play all games to win. If that means an extra period to decide to decide it, so be it. I have never heard a coach say, “We are going down to play team A and if it ends in a tie, we’re cool with that.”
We aren’t talking about soccer where the league champ is 8-0-5. This is football!!! Windsor off to a 0-1-1 start. Not the hopes they had.

We aren’t talking about soccer where the league champ is 8-0-5. This is football!!! Windsor off to a 0-1-1 start. Not the hopes they had.
And with the Escalon lopsided loss to Calif tonight making that Windsor.loss last week now not look so good(?) (As far as losses go)...one has to wonder just how good Windsor actually is...

And with the Escalon lopsided loss to Calif tonight making that Windsor.loss last week now not look so good(?) (As far as losses go)...one has to wonder just how good Windsor actually is...
And Rancho lost to friggin Redwood last week, CN is going to mop up that league

Reactions: larry legend33
And Rancho lost to friggin Redwood last week, CN is going to mop up that league
Good points. Rancho has one player (Pruitt) and that is about it. Windsor being held so low on offense is a big concern. Looking like a MC/CN Section champ. (Shocking!). San Marin actually I forget about as well. They might have best QB in section.

Reactions: MC415
Good points. Rancho has one player (Pruitt) and that is about it. Windsor being held so low on offense is a big concern. Looking like a MC/CN Section champ. (Shocking!). San Marin actually I forget about as well. They might have best QB in section.
SM is pretty loaded on offense, and Rolovich is helping with offense as well can’t get a better offensive assistant then that

Vine league is looking decent. Casa looks competitive as does Petaluma. Vintage was close to beating CN. American Canyon already has some good wins. Napa is has Frosh again and winning games (albeit lower level). Most of these schools still have frosh teams too, NBL is just down to Rancho. Not even Windsor or CN. Terrible. SR city schools are looking horrible, again. There is just so little school/community support in Sonoma and Marin outside of a few select schools. Many don’t even have an on campus HC.

Vine league is looking decent. Casa looks competitive as does Petaluma. Vintage was close to beating CN. American Canyon already has some good wins. Napa is has Frosh again and winning games (albeit lower level). Most of these schools still have frosh teams too, NBL is just down to Rancho. Not even Windsor or CN. Terrible. SR city schools are looking horrible, again. There is just so little school/community support in Sonoma and Marin outside of a few select schools. Many don’t even have an on campus HC.
Yup.. Casa played newman tough and vintage has a great line. Newman will be good for awhile. Lots of underclass studs and big time frosh class. They aren’t going anywhere.
Sonoma and Marin County aren’t attracting any families. Those days are long gone. When I grew up there you could have a job in the city and make 45-60 min commute no problem. HP/Agilent and tons of young doctors started their. Never thought I would say this but Vallejo is going to be next growth area. The Justin Siena of
World are benefiting from that demographic.
It’s not all doom: this area is baseball land

I disagree Novato is nothing but new younger families, all of my friends but me have moved back there and have your children there…….no coincidence they fuel the core of great Marin Catholic teams and now San Marin is absolutely loaded at every level with young stud athletes with a pop Warner program that also having tons of success with huge numbers……if the Novato MC kids went to San Marin they would be one of the top public’s in the Bay Area and it wouldn’t be close

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT