ADVERTISEMENT

MC Tourney, 3rd round

kiddman32

Hall of Famer
Nov 25, 2012
Meant to make it here in time for the Sonora game, arrived to find it late in the 1st quarter cuz they started early. :(

Anyway... Sonora is takin’ care of business... Patterson not playing much if at all. Appears their trainer was massaging his left thigh or hip area. But the score is 31-15, a dominant performance thus far.

Ripon scores 6 straight, and Patterson is back at the table... Apparently, it was a minor tweak...

31-23 now, Sonora looks a lil flustered, time out to get their bleep together... 1:35 left in the half.

Sonora finally gets a bucket after quite a drought.. half ends, 33-26.

I have no idea how much he has played, but Patterson has only managed 2 points thus far. I’m guessing that, unless he really is dinged up, he’ll change that a whole lot in the 2nd half.

I have been told the injury is indeed minor (charley horse), and Patterson starts the 2nd half... Has 2 assists alread during a big Sonora run... 43-28... er, 46-28 after a Patterson bomb...

Quarter ends 58-35. Team not needing Patterson to take ovr shooting, but he has some nice assists...

75-42 final...

Now we have Liberty Ranch (the *other* Patterson!) facing Gregori.

Can Patterson come up with another big performance? LR will likely need it vs. a strong Gregori squad.

22-17 Gregori after 1... I believe Patterson has 7. Probably gonna need a lot more, based on what I’m seeing...

Time out halfway thru the 2nd, 29-25 Gregori.

Gregori doing a nice job denying Patterson looks, and even few touches.

38-30 Gregori at the half.

Patterson has 11 to lead LR, and for Gregori Allen has 14 and McClellan 11.

LR hitting some 3’s now, but still unable to do much damage to the lead cuz they’re getting pounded on the boards. 71-59, 2:26 left.

LR scores 5 quick ones and a Gregori turnover, the dream’s not dead... but they can’t take advantage... 71-64, just under a minute left, and Gregori sinks a pair at the FT line... 73-64. 45 secs left.

Final is 76-66.

There’s a pizza with my name on it across the way... bbl.

Pizza break accomplished... I arrive back in the gym to see Bullard leading Manteca 44-34.

Anyone surprised that a Fresno team (Bullard) uses the “run-n-jump”? My guess is... nope. I’m not either. :

Bullard knocks down a buzzer 3 to make it 49-41 Bullard going into the 4th.

Huge run by ClovEast to take a 24-14 lead after 1 quarter... Brookside’s gonna hafta figure out how to not get beat downcourt all the time. Lots of complete long passes for layups by ClovEast.

And that’s the half... Lots of end-to-end action. ClovEast in particular showing a whole lot of bounce after that OT loss last night...

#23 Jermal Pittman of ClovEast leads the scoring with 16.

De La Rosa has 10 for Brookside.

Brookside with a big run to close to 50-46! De La Rosa sank a 3, made a steal, assisted another 3.

Great action here, lots faster than I can type, fer sure... 55-50 ClovEast to end the 3rd q.

De La Rosa with a gorgous drive and finger roll, but ClovEast answers... and again... 64-52.

ClovEast draws away at the end, final 76-62. Thos look like two teams that will make a lot of noise down the road...

Whoa... THAT woke the place up... Game had been kind of a slog... but a great no-look fastbreak pass by Vanden was immediately follwed by a half-court bomb by Cody Hawkins of Logan to end the quarter... 18-17 Vanden.

Sophomore Antoine Henderson of Vanden is one to watch out for... Athletic 6’4” leaper.

A couple nasty swats by Henderson, a couple runouts, and a missed putback slam that woulda shut this down if successful... and Vanden is with 44-39. Er, 41...

46-44 now.. Logan still in front, but this game has been turned around. And Vanden takes the lead on a 3... But Logan back with their own 3... Play is really heating up here. Can’t type quick enough... 55-52 Logan.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT