ADVERTISEMENT

MC Tourney, 3rd round

Vanden’s got another stud soph.. Takei Emerson-Hardy... Sank a big 3... they now lead 68-67. 3:22 left.

Logan unable to take advantage... Vanden ball, time out with a 1-point lead... 1:37 left.

BIG shot by Jacque Jones of Vanden to take a 3-point lead... Logan right back at ‘em, scores... Vanden ball with 21 seconds left and the 1-point lead... But LOGAN forces the 30-second call! 6.4 left, Logan ball down 1...

Logan gets the ball way down inside, foul ON THE FLOOR. 3.1 left, still 70-69, Logan trails...

Modesto Christian faces Clovis West next... They met a couple weeks ago, with West getting a blowout win, 91-65. I doubt this will have the same feel to it, tho...

Main difference is the fact that the CW win was a home game for them... Obviously MC gets homecourt this time around...

MC still has at least a couple kids not dressed... No idea who they are, or how much difference they might make.

Rankings still mean nothing at this point, esp. since CW has played 14 games (12-2) and MC has played 9 with 4 losses... It shouldn’t be, but the number of games played is a factor in how they calculate these things...

Lemme go Vegas here anyway... I’ll make CW a 4-point choice despite MC’s homecourt advantage.

I expect my number of updates here to go down.. Gonna be fassssst in here!

MC scores 10 before CW know what hit ‘em...10-2 now after Cole Anderson scores for CW.

2nd foul on MC’s big, Merkviadze... 7:33 left in 2nd. To the bench he goes...

Merkviadze didn’t stay out long... maybe 2 minutes. 26-22 MC now... 4 min left in half.

CW got what I think was its first lead at 30-28, but that didn’t last long.. MC takes lead back with an and-1. 31-30, and that’s how the half ends...

Anderson has 15 for CW. Scoring very balanced for MC. Nobody in double figures so far, some 6 or 7 have scored for them.

Teams went scoreless for the first 2.5 minutes... MC suddenly can’t get a rebound... 35 all, anyway... 2:58 left 3rd.

Points hard to come by, but CW gets back within 3 on an and-1... 48-45... and MC calls time to avoid a 5-second call... 5:55 left.... Fail toscore, but CW doesn’t... 48-47. CW gets ball back on a trunover...

Pearson nails a 3...

CW fouled on a shot, 2 FT’s coming.. 51-49 MC.... Now tied...

3:21 left, CW ball....

Anderson airballs a floater, but CW rebounds, time out... 51 all, 3:05 left.

Sanders scores to give CW the lead...

1:50 left...

Driving layup for MC to tie...

Anderson the same... CW by 2... MC can’t score... neither can CW...

Time out, MC ball, 55-53 CW, 38 secs left.

CW calls time again, 6.6 seconds left... CW ball down 1... Oh, man... Anderson inside, goaltended no call... Foul on CW, but front end FT missed!! CW has ball, a bit over a second left, on their own end...

Inbound play doesn’t clear a shot for CW, game over. Controversial thriller gets MC to the title game Monday.

Now we get to see which Cougars get to go face ‘em... Hopefully it’ll be my Campo Cougars over those other Cougars from Weston Ranch...

Quick WR time out after a pair of Campo scores... 4-0, 6:36 left.

Now up to 13-6... 3:09 left.

Dunno why the first lines didn’t post, sorry...

18-10 Campo after one... Was pretty close to 21... Aidan 60-footer caught net at the buzzer.

WR finally gets a lil run going... 26-19, Campo in front. 5 min left in the half.

Time out Campo... 45.7 seconds left in the half... WR getting closer, 30-27.

#2 Boilton of WR gets rd foul... Aidan sinks front end, sinks 2nd.... 32-27. WR 5-second call!! Campo goes 4 corners to isolate Carter... Drives and scores to make it 34-27 at the half.

Matt Radell leads the scoring with 10, only guy on either team in double figures.

Aidan rise and fire!! 37-27.

Radell on the pick and roll... 39-27

GORGEOUS Aidan to Radell pass... 41-27.

WR unforced turnover... Callas hacked, to line... both good... 43-27. Yet another Carter to Radell beauty... 45-29 now... Excellent first 5 minutes of the quarter...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT