ADVERTISEMENT

MC Tourney, 3rd round

NCS top 6 Teams in no particular order Dublin ,Dela,salesian,odowd ,campo and San leandro

NCS top 5IMHO as of tonight:
  1. Dublin
  2. Salesian
  3. DeLa
  4. Campo
  5. O'Dowd

you're going to speak in positive terms about Newman cupcaking in Sonoma like they have since Bonfigli returned and not acknowledge WR's ridiculous schedule?

WR (4-7) has had a tough schedule, but they are 0-6 vs Bay Area teams this year. Campo twice, Dougherty Valley, Riordan, Branson & Dublin. Plus a loss to Capitol Christian.

They have beaten Ripon, Gridley, Turlock & Clovis East.

Reactions: DonniePeckerwood
Weston Ranch was 31-2 last year and played in the open. They returned most key players and almost everybody thought they would be a top team this year. Something isn’t right. So they have played A very good schedule yet don’t have one signature win? So what. There best win is in OT to a decent Clovis East team. Tell me I’m wrong. What am I missing. This is a team that had DLS on ropes in open last year.

Weston Ranch was 31-2 last year and played in the open. They returned most key players and almost everybody thought they would be a top team this year. Something isn’t right. So they have played A very good schedule yet don’t have one signature win? So what. There best win is in OT to a decent Clovis East team. Tell me I’m wrong. What am I missing. This is a team that had DLS on ropes in open last year.

Going back to when Nunnally was there, they've posted 20-win seasons, gone to SJS playoffs, gone to Norcals. I hate agreeing with Ankleass, but he (or she) said the same thing not too long ago. Even this year, how many teams are going to keep it close or play to an overtime with Riordan.

How is a team with a 10+ year track record of success a one-hit wonder? You don't pay attention, just like you didn't know who Santa Clarita Christian was - they are one season removed from a state championship that was played in your city of residence.

Save the opinions for people who watch games. I'll keep saying it once per year.

CW calls time again, 6.6 seconds left... CW ball down 1... Oh, man... Anderson inside, goaltended no call... Foul on CW, but front end FT missed!! CW has ball, a bit over a second left, on their own end...
Anyone have video of this play?

Going back to when Nunnally was there, they've posted 20-win seasons, gone to SJS playoffs, gone to Norcals. I hate agreeing with Ankleass, but he (or she) said the same thing not too long ago. Even this year, how many teams are going to keep it close or play to an overtime with Riordan.

How is a team with a 10+ year track record of success a one-hit wonder? You don't pay attention, just like you didn't know who Santa Clarita Christian was - they are one season removed from a state championship that was played in your city of residence.

Save the opinions for people who watch games. I'll keep saying it once per year.
I love it when they hate me.

The same reason why steve kerr was the greatest coach EVER (according to warriors 'fans')the last 5 years now this season he looks clueless. Well he always has that dumb look but now its explained. He hasn't adjusted to what he has now.

The same reason why steve kerr was the greatest coach EVER (according to warriors 'fans')the last 5 years now this season he looks clueless. Well he always has that dumb look but now its explained. He hasn't adjusted to what he has now.

Correct my point is something isn’t right. 4-7 and all that talent. They went from relevant to what the hell quickly. Keep in mind WR is the Oakland area of the 80-90’s. It not lack of skill.

Bitter Branson likes to attack people which speaks volumes about himself. Anybody who goes into child mode says a lot.

Correct my point is something isn’t right. 4-7 and all that talent. They went from relevant to what the hell quickly. Keep in mind WR is the Oakland area of the 80-90’s. It not lack of skill.

Bitter Branson likes to attack people which speaks volumes about himself. Anybody who goes into child mode says a lot.

first - what are we even talking about that WR is like Oakland in the 80s and 90s?

second - child mode is hilarious. If you think I have violated the terms of service, report it. I'm calling out your uneducated opinion that disparages a program and saying you don't watch games, you just look at win-loss records on Maxpreps and get it right 50% of the time.

Saying they are a one hit wonder just is not accurate. They've been on for years. They were a victim of success last year they should never have been put in the open.

first - what are we even talking about that WR is like Oakland in the 80s and 90s?

second - child mode is hilarious. If you think I have violated the terms of service, report it. I'm calling out your uneducated opinion that disparages a program and saying you don't watch games, you just look at win-loss records on Maxpreps and get it right 50% of the time.
I think he meant WR subdivision has opened up to section 8 which allowed WR high school to have more ethnic kids who dont have to deal with inner city Oakland or Stockton so they remain eligible to play hoop.

Reactions: larry legend33

I go to more football and hoop games than almost anybody on this forum. Kiddman has us all beat. I don’t need to defend that. Anybody who knows me can vouch for it. Your a child. You troll my post because you have some history with newman. Get Over it.

If you don’t understand the WR /Oakland reference you aren’t very smart.

I think he meant WR subdivision has opened up to section 8 which allowed WR high school to have more ethnic kids who dont have to deal with inner city Oakland or Stockton so they remain eligible to play hoop.

Bingo! Thanks. This other guy is slow.

Just so we're clear, that is what a personal attack looks like.

I don't have a problem with Newman. As someone who has watched their games, I had a realistic opinion that differed from your rose-colored glasses and have been right with the exception of their flukey 15 seed run in Norcals after getting bounced from NCS a few years ago. I laughed when they petitioned up to avoid Salesian...and now find themselves in the same division again.

I love your extensive knowledge of WR housing policies but not knowing that they've had basketball success for more than last season. And I love simplistic arguments. More low-income black kids = WR success. Bingo!

Been a good year to be a Newman fan/alumni. State football champs. Hoop team is 12-1 , girls team continues to roll at 11-1, and baseball program is loaded. Love how it bothers you. Because it does.

Yeah flukey 15 seed. Were you there to see that flukey win over a 27-4 Whitney at Whitney? I was. Were you there to see the next win on the road at Serra ? I was. Same for a tough loss at Moreau catholic when milstead went nuts.

I guess I don’t go to many games. What an ass clown.

Larry legend33

Larry legend33

White robe with a Matching Hood ????

Last edited:
Just so we're clear, that is what a personal attack looks like.

I don't have a problem with Newman. As someone who has watched their games, I had a realistic opinion that differed from your rose-colored glasses and have been right with the exception of their flukey 15 seed run in Norcals after getting bounced from NCS a few years ago. I laughed when they petitioned up to avoid Salesian...and now find themselves in the same division again.

I love your extensive knowledge of WR housing policies but not knowing that they've had basketball success for more than last season. And I love simplistic arguments. More low-income black kids = WR success. Bingo!
i mean... it does make sense.... lathrop and kimball aint making any open division runs.. WR is and its right next to both.. I also didnt mention their family income. Just cuz you on section 8 doesnt mean your income is low... i am more than qualified to come to that conclusion.

i mean... it does make sense.... lathrop and kimball aint making any open division runs.. WR is and its right next to both.. I also didnt mention their family income. Just cuz you on section 8 doesnt mean your income is low... i am more than qualified to come to that conclusion.

Cool. Maybe there's more than one overly simplified and intellectually lazy reason for WR's success.

I actually moved away from those “fans”, the “experts” who have never watched a game other than their kid’s.

When that play happened, I happened to be in an area near fans if both sides, who were more reasonable.... and, like I said, even the fans near me whose team benefited from the missed call said they’d seen it... Of course, they also mentioned other apparent missed calls that went against them... There was one weird one in a baseline inbounds where it appeared a CW player trying to get the ball in had it knocked back to him where he touched it while still off the court... That was missed... Dunno what the refs were looking at on that one...

Despite this, I thought the game was officiated pretty well.. They “let the kids play” without allowing things to get out of hand at any point. And, since these two apparent missed calls split... I’ll just call it “rub of the green” and move on...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT