ADVERTISEMENT

Modesto Christian, Day 2

kiddman32

Hall of Famer
Nov 25, 2012
Yes, I made it! (Stoopid cold!)

Right now, Manteca is taking care of Turlock by 12 with 4 minutes left in a lo... ERRRRR consolation-bracket game.

But most importantly, I have made it here without getting sick or anything...

Reactions: concrete17
Manteca holds on to win by 12.

In a few minutes, we have Gregori facing Ripon... Gregori had its first loss last night to host Modesto Christian, hanging pretty tough in the face of the loaded MC roster. I believe Ripon is now 5 and 9... Not exactly a recipe for a thriller here...

Gregori looked like they were still asleep thru the first four minutes and fell behind by some 7 or 8, but now they’ve gotten things going some and trail just 23-22 early in the 1st.

Gregori has “sped up” Ripon some, but it’s not really showing on the scoreboard yet... 31-29 Gregor, 2 min. Left in the half.

33-31 Gregori at the half... Maybe they’re down after their initial loss last night or something, but in any case they are looking flat today.

Not a lotta talent on Ripon, but they’re playing hard and still in it here, no doubt.

End of 3... Gregori is up 51-43. Pulling away a little, but can’t seem to get that “shut you down” run going.

67-57 final...

Now, we have the Battle Of The Pattersons!

Yup, the top scorer for each team in the Sonora v. Liberty Ranch game is named Patterson... Great name, I think I’ll use it too... Oh wait, I do already. :)

Anywayyyyyy... Jalen Patterson is the dominant player for Liberty Ranch and Austin Patterson has been a dominant force for Sonora... Both terrific, but Austin is bigger and has more supporting cast, too. I’ll go with Sonora to win this one.

Sonora also has a 6’11” guy named Devon Dye who, while he doesn’t exactly *look* like a ballplayer, makes very good use of what he’s got. Knows where to be and what to do.. (Did I mention I’ve seen these guys a few times online?). I’m pretty familiar with what they got considering this is the first time I’ve gotten a look at them in-person.

Crazy up-n-down game, both teams in fullcourt press almost all the time. To my surprise, so far Liberty Ranch is the one with the upper hand... 16-11, 1:23 left in the 1st q.

21-17 LR to end the q... just had a 333 moment... 3 one end, 3 the other, 3 on the first one again.... in about 20 seconds.

Time out, 27-26 LR with left in the half... very entertaining, esp. for someone with the last name Patterson. I’m hearing my name on the PA a loT. Will try to get their stats at the half.

Halftime... Exciting game, score is 39-32 Liberty Ranch.

On the way down to peep the scorebook...

Austin of Sonora has 9, and by my estimate some half-dozen assists..

Jalen of LR has 17. He’s the focal point of the offense while Austin is more all-around...

Also found that the big guy for Sonora is playing with a dislocated finger, and I saw it get jammed late in the first half besides...

The big Sonora guy has gone back in, tape removed from fingers... seems to be playing much more confidently. But LR still clings to a 54-45 lead. 1:53 left 3rd.

Quarter ends 59-50, LR in front. Jalen Patterson has sunk shots from at least 25 feet several times despite heavy attention from the Sonora D.

Unfreakingbelievable... Patterson (Jalen) just sank one from Reno... 66-54.

Sonora is back within 3 for the first time in a longggg while... On guess what?? An Austin Patterson 3-ball after faking a guy outa his shoes...

Dye scores at the rim, 69-18

68. Foul outside, LR sinks both...

Austin with the HUGE offensive board and putback... 71-70. 1:30 left. LR fouled, sinks two... 73-70. Time out, Sonora ball with 1;08 left.

Austin for 3!!! Jalen drives and dishes to tie it back up... Dye scores tying it again, 75 all... LR drives downcourt... and Darius O’Neal of Sonora DRAWS A CHARGE! Sonora with ball, tied up... Runs clock to 2.7 and they call a time out. Sonora will have a shot at the win after the TO... Hmm... I think I mistyped something up there, but the 2.7 and tie is correct.

Try for the win fails... Four minutes of FREE BASKETBALL ensuing... By a rough count, the Pattersons have 57 between them, Austin 30.

Dye scores inside... Martinez of LR nails a 3, O’Neal for 2... ... Offensive rebound by JalenP score and FT good... 81-79 LR. 2:01 left.

Jalen drives, sinks a runner to take the lead 85-83, Sonora can’t score... Forced to foul. First good, time out... 86-83...

Sorry bout the gap... missed a few plays...

Second FT MISSED!! Austin gets the board, drives to halfcourt, rises and fires... Nope... LR wins a GREAT ballgame!!

Now we head into the championship bracket, with my fabulous Campolindo Cougars facing Brookside Christian.

#15 Geronimo De La Rosa is the biggest worry for the Cougs, a 6’ 3” scoring machine... He’s a junior, has a good bit of game.

Btw, in the last game, Jalen Patterson took over at the end, finishing with 42 points...

Foul on Aidan 17 seconds in... That’s never good... Callas with the first bucket off a great Carter pass... Aidan with a midrange J, then a steal... 4-0 early on.

Wild pass, Coug ball. Callas drive baseline, fouled... 1 of 2 from line. De La Rosa gets off for 2... Brookside score, an Aidan 3... and a forced turnover, Coug ball... 8-4

Callas driving score, foul on Carter... and brookside turns it over again... 10-4.

Trade of scores, 12-6... Callas inside on a fast break... 14-6. Time out Brookside, 2:02 left in the quarter.

De La Rosa rebounds own shot, fouled... FT’s good. 14-8. Brookside rebound, drive inside, fouled... FT’s 1 of 2. 14-9. Capo miss, De La Rosa nice pass for.a 3... Robeson in for Campo, designated 3-ball ace... GOOD!! He’s aaaa fressssshhhh man.... 17-12 Campo end of quarter.

Aidan with a terrific, twisty baseline drive and score... 19-12.

Brookside with a putback...

Aidan gets sWATTED... by Dela Rosa, but Rex Curtiss scores anyway for the Cougs. 21-14.

Charging foul, Cougs ball... Aidan’s stepback misses. But after a Brooksode turnover, Robeson scores... Brookside with a 3 to make it 23-17.

De La Rosa fouled, sinks 1, Cougs miss followed by a nice pass to an inside score...

Then Aidan nails a 3!! 26-20. Time out Cougs, 4:37 left in the half...

Robeson puts one back for 2.. 28-20.

Bad pass by Brookside gives the rock back... Callas drives the lane for 2! 30-20

Time out to avoid a turnover by the Cougs.. 32-22 now, 1:04 left in the half.

Robeson nails another corner 3 (did I say “he’s a freshman”?), and Brookside answers with a driving score... End of half, the score is 35-24, Campo on the lead.

Cougs open the half in style, with a Matt Radell back-cut basket followed by an Aidan 3... and ANOTHER Aidan 3... and ANOTHERRRRRRRR Aidan 3... 46-24. Aidan was a lil cold shooting the first half, but that all seems forgotten...

He;s human after all... missed one.

Meanwhile, every time De La Rosa sees the rock, it seems he has two Cougs in his jersey...

De La Rosa scores anyway, but it’s 51-28. Bus driver hasn’t got his keys out, but he is reaching for his driving gloves...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT