ADVERTISEMENT

Norcal champ Scores

Not sure why DLS goes to a halfback pass play.

Alumbaugh is running Bob Ladocoeur’s offense and thus he does not really know how to call plays for the scheme. I don’t remember the last time I saw the boot pass with the RB wheeling out of the backfield for the Spartans but given the pace and tempo of the game I’m willing to bet Bob would have ran power, power and then the boot pass. The HB pass seemed poorly timed and desperate.

Alumbaugh is running Bob Ladocoeur’s offense and thus he does not really know how to call plays for the scheme. I don’t remember the last time I saw the boot pass with the RB wheeling out of the backfield for the Spartans but given the pace and tempo of the game I’m willing to bet Bob would have ran power, power and then the boot pass. The HB pass seemed poorly timed and desperate.
I thought that play call was just Terrible…. All it said was “We have ZERO Confidence that our QB can throw the ball”…. 🤣

DLS has to go stick to the veer… Their Defense played really well and they will need to next week… SD Lincoln has a really good RB and is big and physical…. They are destroying Sierra Canyon tonight….

Reactions: remc
I thought that play call was just Terrible…. All it said was “We have ZERO Confidence that our QB can throw the ball”…. 🤣

DLS has to go stick to the veer… Their Defense played really well and they will need to next week… SD Lincoln has a really good RB and is big and physical…. They are destroying Sierra Canyon tonight….
Yeah don’t they have a Georgia RB commit? Lincoln has some stallions.

As for DLS, can you guys just find a kid who can pass a little? Imagine this team being able to throw like 8-10 times a game.

Reactions: THEOC89
Chief

Does Grant not have a kicker? see they went for it and turned it over on downs at EC’s 5 yd line when a chip shot FG would’ve given them a three score lead.
Sorry brotha for the late reply. As I stated earlier it was extremely cold out there tonite, plus windy, and I got uncomfortable real quick whenever I would take my gloves off.

To answer your question, yes. They have a kicker that seems to get the ball down the field on kick offs, but Grant does not kick extra points or field goals.

Reactions: mrbig864
That’s going to be a really physical game. Hoping for a NorCal split on Friday. DLS will lose by 21.
DLS will Lose by 21??….. You mean to the same SD Lincoln team that lost to a 3-8 Alamany Team?….. 🤣

Or were you just that impressed by their 23 point win over 5 Loss Sierra Canyon?…. The same Sierra Canyon team that lost by 2TD’s to JSerra, 17 To Oaks Christian and 40 to Mission Viejo?…. 🤣🤣

You obviously haven’t been paying attention to how down SS FB is this year…. Folsom, Serra and DLS could all win SS D2 or The SD Open this year…. SD Lincoln may win, But No one is losing by 21….

DLS will Lose by 21??….. You mean to the same SD Lincoln team that lost to a 3-8 Alamany Team?….. 🤣

Or were you just that impressed by their 23 point win over 5 Loss Sierra Canyon?…. The same Sierra Canyon team that lost by 2TD’s to JSerra, 17 To Oaks Christian and 40 to Mission Viejo?…. 🤣🤣

You obviously haven’t been paying attention to how down SS FB is this year…. Folsom, Serra and DLS could all win SS D2 or The SD Open this year…. SD Lincoln may win, But No one is losing by 21….
Agreed. Lincoln has some studs led by a GA commit but good luck preparing for DLS. The DLS Team i watched last night was a damn good Team That played like they wanted it more than Folsom. As we’ve all talked about DLS tends to get better as season goes on and this seems to be the case again. DLS will do just fine and I can see a 21-17 type game with Spartans winning.

Reactions: M.C. fan

The more you try to sound like you know anything, the more you demonstrate you don’t.

Lincoln’s QB got hurt against Alemany and they ended up running wildcat for most of the game. Shortly after that one, Alemany’s QBs went down, ruining their season.

DLS barely got by Cathedral Catholic, who couldn’t even win the second-level SDS title.

Sierra Canyon came into last night’s game playing pretty well. They beat Bishop Amat, who was a pretty good team (in my non-paying-attention-to-SS-year, I somehow managed to see them play 3 times). They beat Inglewood by 16 for the SS D-2 title, who was a really good team (had a 17-point win over Carlsbad, who later beat CS D-I champ Liberty 27-0).

DLS’s offense is in shambles. The Spartan D may be good, but it’s not going to last against Lincoln’s RB if it has to be on the field all night.

Speaking of their D, everyone is going on and on about how good it was last night… Folsom was missing yet another key component in Flores. Even the DLS announcers were saying they were surprised how much of that offense was based on him… and the Spartans still barely beat them.

Sorry, no. Don’t see it. Would love to see DLS pull this out, but if they’re only going to have one offensive weapon, they’re in trouble. Maybe if Flanagan returns, but then they’d have to try to pass the ball…

It may not be 21, but DLS will come into the game as an underdog.

The more you try to sound like you know anything, the more you demonstrate you don’t.

Lincoln’s QB got hurt against Alemany and they ended up running wildcat for most of the game. Shortly after that one, Alemany’s QBs went down, ruining their season.

DLS barely got by Cathedral Catholic, who couldn’t even win the second-level SDS title.

Sierra Canyon came into last night’s game playing pretty well. They beat Bishop Amat, who was a pretty good team (in my non-paying-attention-to-SS-year, I somehow managed to see them play 3 times). They beat Inglewood by 16 for the SS D-2 title, who was a really good team (had a 17-point win over Carlsbad, who later beat CS D-I champ Liberty 27-0).

DLS’s offense is in shambles. The Spartan D may be good, but it’s not going to last against Lincoln’s RB if it has to be on the field all night.

Speaking of their D, everyone is going on and on about how good it was last night… Folsom was missing yet another key component in Flores. Even the DLS announcers were saying they were surprised how much of that offense was based on him… and the Spartans still barely beat them.

Sorry, no. Don’t see it. Would love to see DLS pull this out, but if they’re only going to have one offensive weapon, they’re in trouble. Maybe if Flanagan returns, but then they’d have to try to pass the ball…

In regards to Folsom, weren’t they fully geared up when it took a 4th and 1 goal line score to beat DLS. Injuries are part of the game. It’s the unfortunate part in all sports

And Neither Do You…. You are the one who predicted that DLS would lose by 21 so we will see….

Also…. Lincoln beat that “Terrible” SDCC team you brought up 31-17 in a game that SDCC lead 17-14 at the end of the 3rd Quarter…. Lincoln was only up 24-17 in the final minutes when SDCC threw a pick 6 as they were driving for the tying score….

Lincoln will be the favorite but so was Folsom…. DLS can Definitely win this game, even with their 1 dimensional offense….

The Score to last nights game was misleading. DLS dominated the clock and ground game. They were in control of that game from the start. Mack made one good throw all night and quite Frankly the kid looked way out of bounds. Otherwise he was running for his life. DLS was playing without their ND commit who is every bit as important to them as Flores is to Folsom. Folsom has at least 4 other d1 WR on the field to pick from. It’s not like they don’t have weapons.

DLS offense is pretty bad. But Folsom scored one offensive TD all night. Can you imagine Lincoln RB against Folsom D line? Talk about a mismatch. They couldn’t stop DLS running game. That 6”1 230 beast would have had a field day. So to me while they may be a slight underdog the best team is playing Lincoln.

Serra will do much better than what will be projected albeit a major underdog, being that they are from Northern California I will fully support them versus St. John Bosco. DLS just won the NorCal Bowl on the road and showed Moxy by sticking to what they know, running the veer. I will support DLS over Lincoln, even giving props to Hornets for winning a tough Western League title. If Pittsburg defeats Manteca, then I will root for the Pirates. NorCal first even if I recognize the matchup tilts towards SoCal as the favorite. I will appreciate the hard work, dedication, commitment, and ability to win games played by either team. Champions have proven their ability and should be praised as it shows respect to all. Good sportsmanship is one of the best moral values we can show to Student Athletes who can in turn propagate the change we all desire. Love, peace and a place in this world that makes life rich and rewarding. Take a minute and be humble!
All Teams deserve praise and unbiased analysis of the projected match-up from Adult's!

Last edited:
Serra will do much better than what will projected albeit a major underdog, being that they are from Northern California I will fully support them versus St. John Bosco. DLS just won the NorCal Bowl on the road and showed Moxy by sticking to what they know, running the veer. I will support DLS over Lincoln, even giving props to Hornets for winning a tough Western League title. If Pittsburg defeats Manteca, then I will root for the Pirates. NorCal first even if I recognize the matchup tilts towards SoCal as the favorite. I will appreciate the hard work, dedication, commitment, and ability to win games played by either team. Champions have proven their ability and should be praised as it shows respect to all. Good sportsmanship is one of the best moral values we can show to Student Athletes who can in turn propagate the change we all desire. Love, peace and a place in this world that makes life rich and rewarding. Take a minute and be humble!
All Teams deserve praise and unbiased analysis of the projected match-up from Adult's!
I used to sit at Arco for the state title games every year. Their were about 4-5 guys, and don’t know who they know, that would come up from So Cal and always get the mid court floor seats. Larry Legend can back this. All the rest of us sitting on the floor were Nor Cal. At the end of the day that is what it is all about. I am WCAL first, Bay Area second, Nor Cal in the end

I used to sit at Arco for the state title games every year. Their were about 4-5 guys, and don’t know who they know, that would come up from So Cal and always get the mid court floor seats. Larry Legend can back this. All the rest of us sitting on the floor were Nor Cal. At the end of the day that is what it is all about. I am WCAL first, Bay Area second, Nor Cal in the end
Good times wizard. Blessed to see many great teams, coaches, and fans.

Reactions: M.C. fan
That’s going to be a really physical game. Hoping for a NorCal split on Friday. DLS will lose by 21.
MD(SD) has a nice QB headed to USan Diego.Their last two games have shown they will play a full 4 quarters.They were down 21-0 before running off 22 straight.

Lincoln shut down a strong SC running game last night.I don’t believe SC running game is better than DLS but never the less they eliminated it.
Lincoln’s top DL(USC commit) left the game with a knee injury and didn’t return so if he can’t play it obviously helps DLS

The guy who used to get those tickets name was Frank. He was a CIF offical.
He actually lived in Texas.
That whole group came up for several years, till Frank retired.

Here's wishing you great Football, and Hoops!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT