ADVERTISEMENT

Norcal champ Scores

Bellarmine goes up 21-3 early 3rd over Vanden over a long QB keeper on a 4th and 2 for 40+ yards -

Bellarmine Pick-6 and goes up 28-3 in 3rd over Vanden who looks overmatched -

Pittsburg in full control now

Manteca can’t handle PITT‘s offense. I think Manteca’s HC Varnum was smart in trying to pull off a DLS/MT milk the clock and grind out first downs type of game plan. It worked for most the 1st half. The Pirates are just too explosive and have the best player on the field in Rashada.

I think the Buffs can make a comeback but it’s going to be an uphill climb and time isn’t exactly on their side.

Reactions: THEOC89
Alumbaugh is running Bob Ladocoeur’s offense and thus he does not really know how to call plays for the scheme. I don’t remember the last time I saw the boot pass with the RB wheeling out of the backfield for the Spartans but given the pace and tempo of the game I’m willing to bet Bob would have ran power, power and then the boot pass. The HB pass seemed poorly timed and desperate.
That play was the ONLY one that scored points for Lad in the STA game in Florida. The BANG news guy who got the free plane ride reported the parents were vocal on the flight home wanting the two year QB starter benched. With the gutsy OT failed two pointer the year before at DVC against Lakeland, a rarity of a new generation of losses along with state bowl games.

For all the attention Blake Nichelson gets — I think #7 Bryson Davis is being underrated. He’s only a junior but looks like a really good player.
Totally Agree!!!.,. That Davis Kid looks really good!!!.,.. it was looking like Manteca was going to be able to grind PITT out with their line and Running backs, but PITT has responded beautifully….

Reactions: ThunderRam
How is it that Liberty - Bakersfield was playing in a NorCal Regional Game last year but they’re playing in a SoCal Regional this season?

How is it that Liberty - Bakersfield was playing in a NorCal Regional Game last year but they’re playing in a SoCal Regional this season?

Because CIF can’t make up their minds lol

Correct me if I’m mistaken, but I thought they divided up the Central Sections different divisions between NorCal and SoCal? Or am I falsely remembering something that never happened?

If I’m right, if Liberty is in a different division than they were last season it could explain the change.

Correct me if I’m mistaken, but I thought they divided up the Central Sections different divisions between NorCal and SoCal? Or am I falsely remembering something that never happened?

If I’m right, if Liberty is in a different division than they were last season it could explain the change.
I didn't see a reason on how teams get slotted from the Central Section on the state website. Unless there is a reason for it, it seems hoakey to me that Liberty is a NorCal champion in 2021 and playing for a SoCal title in 2022.

I didn't see a reason on how teams get slotted from the Central Section on the state website. Unless there is a reason for it, it seems hoakey to me that Liberty is a NorCal champion in 2021 and playing for a SoCal title in 2022.

I wanna say it was something like divisions 1, 3, and 5 rollup to the North and 2, 4, 6, 7 roll up to the South. Something like that. But I can’t remember the exact breakdown.

It’s been quite a few years since the change was made so my memory is hazy. But I vaguely recall that the end result was half the divisions in the North and the other half in the South.

I also didn’t find anything to verify after doing a quick cursory search.

I’ll bet @Cal 14 knows or can find the info.

I wanna say it was something like divisions 1, 3, and 5 rollup to the North and 2, 4, 6, 7 roll up to the South. Something like that. But I can’t remember the exact breakdown.

It’s been quite a few years since the change was made so my memory is hazy. But I vaguely recall that the end result was half the divisions in the North and the other half in the South.

That was where my confusion is becuase Liberty won Central Section D1 the past two years, but got both a North and South bid

That was where my confusion is becuase Liberty won Central Section D1 the past two years, but got both a North and South bid

Ok, gotcha. I was only suggesting that had Liberty’s division designation changed that might explain things.

But if it hasn’t changed, then I got nothing. Unless the divisions rotate between North and South on a yearly basis?

The CS teams are positioned in either region, as needed, to balance out the divisions. Typically, three go to NorCal and three go to SoCal.

This is the first time that their D-I team has been sent to SoCal. I’m pretty sure (without checking) that D-II has always been in NorCal so far.

Up until last Sunday, Cal-Hi was also guessing that nothing would be changing. Could be that they saw Manteca as being too good for D-2AA.

In regards to Folsom, weren’t they fully geared up when it took a 4th and 1 goal line score to beat DLS. Injuries are part of the game. It’s the unfortunate part in all sports
They at least had Flores to get them to the goal line in the first place.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT