#5 Hillsdale at #4 Leroy Greene Academy
#6 St. Bernard's at #3 Gridley
#7 Stevenson at #2 Santa Teresa

Division V

#8 Firebaugh at #1 Ripon Christian
#5 Lowell at #4 Skyline
#6 Ferndale at #3 Etna
#7 Los Molinos at #2 Unviersity

One of the quirks of this tournament. Northern Section scored two home games with some long trips for Arcata and St. Bernard's. Wonder if they can bus together :)

• Haha
Reactions: bella123
VC up 4-0 after 2. CVC pitcher can’t get his curve over and VC is sitting on the fastball.

De La Salle leads Buchanan 3-0 end of the first

Hollister leads Franklin 2-1 end of the first

Bellarmine leads Kingsburg 4-2 2nd inning

Cardinal Newman and Whitney are scoreless end of the first

Casa Grande leads Live Oak 3-0 2nd inning

Stevenson beat Santa Teresa 5-1

Central Catholic leads Colusa 5-0 end of the second

Ripon Christian beat Firebaugh 15-7

5-2 VC going to the bottom of the fifth. VC got out of the jam with a strikeout and then a double play.

After the first round, here are the outcomes per section. The first number is the total teams from that section in the playoffs. The second number is the number of wins per section after the first round and the last percentage is the win percentage for each section.

CCS 9 6 66.7%
CS 4 0 0.0%
NCS 9 5 44.4%
NS 6 3 50.0%
OS 1 0 0.0%
SFS 1 1 100.0%
SJS 10 5 50.0%

Last edited:
NorCal First Round Scores/Second Round Matchups (June 1)

Division I

Valley Christain beat Clayton Valley Charter 7-3
Cardinal Newman beat Whitney 2-1
Franklin beat San Benito 5-4
De La Salle beat Buchanan 6-0

Cardinal Newman at Valley Christian
Franklin at De La Salle

Division II

Bellarmine beat Kingsburg 11-6
St. Ignatius beat Granite Bay 3-2
Casa Grande beat Live Oak 6-0
Pleasant Valley beat Rio Americano 6-0

Bellarmine at St. Ignatius
Casa Grande at Pleasant Valley

Division III

Carmel beat Pioneer 3-1
Oakmont beat Liberty 3-2
Arcata beat Chico 5-3
Central Catholic beat Colusa 10-4

Oakmont at Carmel
Arcata at Central Catholic

Division IV

Sutter beat Athenian 4-0
Hillsdale beat Leroy Greene Academy 10-3
Gridley beat St. Bernard's 13-0
Stevenson beat Santa Teresa 5-1

Hillsdale at Sutter
Stevenson at Gridley

Division V

Ripon Christian beat Firebaugh 15-7
Lowell beat Skyline 3-0
Etna beat Ferndale 9-8
University beat Los Molinos 3-2

Lowell at Ripon Christian
Etna at University

Reactions: Defense_Rules
In regards to D1, I’ve liked Franklin all year but the home teams are going to be tough to knock off. Traveling to a red hot DLS will be a tough go. Newman has found a way to win all year and will need to get at least a few runs against a much better hitting team than they’ve seen.
Would love to see my cardinals win but I think VC moves on. I will go with Franklin vs VC in finals.
Good luck to all. Incredibly talented kids playing.

In regards to D1, I’ve liked Franklin all year but the home teams are going to be tough to knock off. Traveling to a red hot DLS will be a tough go. Newman has found a way to win all year and will need to get at least a few runs against a much better hitting team than they’ve seen.
Would love to see my cardinals win but I think VC moves on. I will go with Franklin vs VC in finals.
Good luck to all. Incredibly talented kids playing.
This is a Great Final 4!…. I think VC is The Best Team, I am pulling for CN but I Believe DLS will win because they have the best Coach and postseason magic…

Franklin will be the Best team DLS has played all year so this will be a battle!!!…. The VC vs CN game should be epic!!!… Hopefully CN doesn’t wait until their final AB to win this one!!!…. 🤣

Interesting development in SoCal D1…. 3 of The Final 4 are San Diego Area Teams with Carlsbad just missing the Sweep losing 4-3 to #1 seed Rancho Santa Margarita….

Reactions: larry legend33
I think Cardinal Newman has the momentum in the ”postseason magic” department. Avada Kadavra. Going with CN to win it all.
I think they’re penchant for falling behind and needing to come back finally catches up with them. VC is too good to play that way.

Interesting development in SoCal D1…. 3 of The Final 4 are San Diego Area Teams with Carlsbad just missing the Sweep losing 4-3 to #1 seed Rancho Santa Margarita….
Interesting, but I will not say surprising. San Diego area baseball is second to none and very legit.

I think they’re penchant for falling behind and needing to come back finally catches up with them. VC is too good to play that way.
CN has a penchant for not losing. Any of the 4 semi finalists could beat each other on any day. VC is a great team, but not “too good“ to be beaten, as they have 3 times this year.

Interesting, but I will not say surprising. San Diego area baseball is second to none and very legit.
Lemme know when they beat Santa Margarita. Notre Dame SO pulled their uniforms from storage, probably with no practice for 2 weeks. That was an exhibition game, probably for the underclassmen to get some extra innings.

This is a Great Final 4!…. I think VC is The Best Team, I am pulling for CN but I Believe DLS will win because they have the best Coach and postseason magic…

Franklin will be the Best team DLS has played all year so this will be a battle!!!…. The VC vs CN game should be epic!!!… Hopefully CN doesn’t wait until their final AB to win this one!!!…. 🤣

The CN vs. VC game should have been in the final. CN definitely should have been seeded at least number 2. Not sure what NCS was thinking. Seems they just automatically submitted D1 over D3 champion to CIF. IMO, CN should have been seeded above Franklin, since CN won the Boras Classic North, of which Franklin and Whitney both participated in.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT