ADVERTISEMENT

NorCal Playoff Brackets

The CN vs. VC game should have been in the final. CN definitely should have been seeded at least number 2. Not sure what NCS was thinking. Seems they just automatically submitted D1 over D3 champion to CIF. IMO, CN should have been seeded above Franklin, since CN won the Boras Classic North, of which Franklin and Whitney both participated in.
Agree!…. I don’t see how CN was not seeded 2…. DLS lost to Whitney and was swept by St Francis so no way they should have been #2, I had them at #4….

The CN vs. VC game should have been in the final. CN definitely should have been seeded at least number 2. Not sure what NCS was thinking. Seems they just automatically submitted D1 over D3 champion to CIF. IMO, CN should have been seeded above Franklin, since CN won the Boras Classic North, of which Franklin and Whitney both participated in.
CN got hosed in seedings. They were highest ranked team in norcal and state (out of norcal teams) for awhile and fell to #2 behind VC and have stayed there ever since in rankings. They win boras, NBL, NBL tourney , and NCS. How in gods name were they placed at 4? Makes zero sense how they were a 4 seed. (Especially with their schedule). Oh well. Gotta Beat Great teams anyway but playing at home at that beautiful field would have helped. VC is the real deal. Not going to be easy.

CN got hosed in seedings. They were highest ranked team in norcal and state (out of norcal teams) for awhile and fell to #2 behind VC and have stayed there ever since in rankings. They win boras, NBL, NBL tourney , and NCS. How in gods name were they placed at 4? Makes zero sense how they were a 4 seed. (Especially with their schedule). Oh well. Gotta Beat Great teams anyway but playing at home at that beautiful field would have helped. VC is the real deal. Not going to be easy.
I can't see any reason why CN would have been seeded lower than DLS except that CN was in a lower division than DLS in the same section. Its my opinion that divisions should not matter too much but if the NCS officials had any part in the recommendations, they would have cited NCS's D1 playoffs as being more difficult than the NCS D3 playoffs. I haven't run the numbers to see if that is true.

I can't see any reason why CN would have been seeded lower than DLS except that CN was in a lower division than DLS in the same section. Its my opinion that divisions should not matter too much but if the NCS officials had any part in the recommendations, they would have cited NCS's D1 playoffs as being more difficult than the NCS D3 playoffs. I haven't run the numbers to see if that is true.
The argument against DLS would be they lost the EBAL tournament and I would say they got a Break by Granada being upset in the playoffs by PITT….

But they also won both the Section and Regional last year so I can see why whoever picks these things would lean towards DLS….

I do think that CN winning the Boras, Their League Tournament and DLS Losing their League tournament (6-0 to Granada) losing to Whitney and getting swept by a combined 10-2 (5-1, 5-1) by SF should have put CN in the #2….

Anyone know if the CN vs VC game is streaming today? Only saw DLS game on nfhs.

Looking too... If not, I hope that someone does some good updates here

Franklin Takes a 3-2 lead over DLS in the Top of 3, DLS gets 2 more…. 4-3 DLS top of 4…..

Interesting, but I will not say surprising. San Diego area baseball is second to none and very legit.

I think it would be cool to have a Norcal vs Socal Championship like they do in Basketball

Maybe one year have it at ATT Park, next year at Petco.

Yes, I’m aware the Socal team will probably win most games, but it would be a cool opportunity to let the players play a game in a big league stadium.

I would also add an Open division to both Socal and Norcal sides

Maybe a schedule like:

Sat:
D5 Championship
D2 Championship
D4 Championship

Sun:
D6 Championship
D1 Championship
Open Championship

Reactions: bella123
Wow!!!…. CN escapes a Bases Loaded 1 out Jam with an Inning ending Double play!!!!…

CN Strands the Tying run on 3rd!…. Newman is hitting but not cashing in…. 2-1 VC Bottom 5…..

Another Houdini act By CN….. VC has 2nd and 3rd with no outs after a Doubke and Error….. Ground ball to SS, Runner at 2nd is too far off and gets tagged out and throw to first Double play…. Next batter flys out!!!!…… still 2-1 VC top 6!!!!…. Crazy Game!!!…..

Reactions: FBAddict
DLS with an uncharacteristic mistake….. Runner on3rd with 1 out gets caught in a Run down and is out….. Franklin Holds….. 4-4 top 6….. Feels like extra innings in this one…. 🤣

CN not helping themselves….. Gets lead off runner on….. Next Batter bunts and reaches in an error but then gets thrown out advancing to second….. Left the Tying runner on 3rd again….. Bottom 6, Still 2-1 VC…..

CN will once again need final at bat Magic to pull this one out!!!

CN not helping themselves….. Gets lead off runner on….. Next Batter bunts and reaches in an error but then gets thrown out advancing to second….. Left the Tying runner on 3rd again….. Bottom 6, Still 2-1 VC…..

CN will once again need final at bat Magic to pull this one out!!!
5 runners stranded on 3rd for Newman so far!

Reactions: THEOC89
Spartans with a Lead of HR to take a 5-4 lead in the Bottom of 6!!!…..

The final AB magic runs out for CN and VC wins 2-1!!…. What a battle by 2 great Baseball Teams!!!…. I would put these 2 up against anyone in the state or Country!!!….

Congrats to VC!…. Well deserved, Good luck in the Final!!!!…. 🍻
Congrats VC! What a program.
As for the cardinals most likely one of (if not) best team in school and county history.

Sparty leads 5-4 in the top of the 7th…. Aaaaaaand the NFHS feed dies again.

The final AB magic runs out for CN and VC wins 2-1!!…. What a battle by 2 great Baseball Teams!!!…. I would put these 2 up against anyone in the state or Country!!!….

Congrats to VC!…. Well deserved, Good luck in the Final!!!!…. 🍻
Greet season for Newman. Was worried about them having to play from behind against VC.

As long as DeBenedetti is there, Newman is going to be very solid.

Greet season for Newman. Was worried about them having to play from behind against VC.

As long as DeBenedetti is there, Newman is going to be very solid.
Agree Bella. Great guy and coach. VC is Just really stellar. Like somebody said they could play with anybody in nation.
Newman will lose a lot but have some good juniors and young players coming up.

Sonoma County has always had good baseball. Now it’s no secret and lots of talent to watch.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT