ADVERTISEMENT

Playoff Scoreboard: Nov 12-13

Really hard to know what’s going on in the SM vs Edison game. Way too much fog!!!

But it appears the Vikings made a big play and are now in scoring position. 1:31 left on the clock.
I would like to see Aptos run their Wing T against anyone with that fog. Hard enough to see the ball anyways.

Nevermind. Guessing SM got the ball on a turnover instead of a big play for Edison, because all I see is the clock running down (Edison had no timeouts left) and the game ending, Rams win 29-23.

Reactions: THEOC89
#1 St. Francis beat #22 Aptos 56-28

#2 De La Salle beat Logan 49-13

#4 Rocklin beat Sheldon 42-0

#5 Pittsburg beat Amador Valley 69-7

#7 Central Catholic beat Lodi 38-34

#14 Bellarmine beat #8 Los Gatos 34-27

Monterey Trail beat #9 Granite Bay 35-24

#10 Folsom beat Lincoln-Stockton 38-14

#13 St. Mary's beat #11 Edison 29-23

#15 Menlo-Atherton beat #12 Salinas 35-31

#16 Clayton Valley Charter beat Antioch 42-21

#17 San Ramon Valley beat Livermore 35-7

#20 California beat #19 Monte Vista 48-21

#24 Rancho Cotate beat Granada 34-0

#25 Windsor beat Northgate 35-17

#27 San Benito beat Burlingame 31-28

#28 Antelope beat Whitney 20-14

#29 Oakdale beat Roseville 40-0

#30 Cardinal Newman bat Newark Memorial 56-6

Elk Grove beat #31 Vacaville 52-48

#32 Manteca beat Sacramento 54-14

#33 Las Lomas beat Montgomery 49-10

St. Ignatius beat #34 Palma 28-0

El Cerrito beat Acalanes 40-32

Campolindo beat Dublin 38-28

Hilmar beat Sonora 35-25

Oakdale after giving up 95 points in their 2 loses. 4 games all shut outs! Out scoring opponents 185-0. Some of the biggest hits I have seen this year! High scoring Patterson comes to the Corral next week!

#1 St. Francis beat #22 Aptos 56-28

#2 De La Salle beat Logan 49-13

#4 Rocklin beat Sheldon 42-0

#5 Pittsburg beat Amador Valley 69-7

#7 Central Catholic beat Lodi 38-34

#14 Bellarmine beat #8 Los Gatos 34-27

Monterey Trail beat #9 Granite Bay 35-24

#10 Folsom beat Lincoln-Stockton 38-14

#13 St. Mary's beat #11 Edison 29-23

#15 Menlo-Atherton beat #12 Salinas 35-31

#16 Clayton Valley Charter beat Antioch 42-21

#17 San Ramon Valley beat Livermore 35-7

#20 California beat #19 Monte Vista 48-21

#24 Rancho Cotate beat Granada 34-0

#25 Windsor beat Northgate 35-17

#27 San Benito beat Burlingame 31-28

#28 Antelope beat Whitney 20-14

#29 Oakdale beat Roseville 40-0

#30 Cardinal Newman bat Newark Memorial 56-6

Elk Grove beat #31 Vacaville 52-48

#32 Manteca beat Sacramento 54-14

#33 Las Lomas beat Montgomery 49-10

St. Ignatius beat #34 Palma 28-0

El Cerrito beat Acalanes 40-32

Campolindo beat Dublin 38-28

Hilmar beat Sonora 35-25

Oakdale fans love great plays. I have to give a shout-out for Gabe Norris #23 For Roseville. Played both ways. Took some hits and laid some hits!

Streak this has to be one of the more interesting games next weekend. Jesuit got smashed in week 1 56-7 by Folsom but clearly Jesuit is much improved having won 10 straight and Folsom has struggled during Tyler tremains injury. Did tremain play against Lincoln?
Either way I think you toss that game out completely because these are not the same teams.
I’m going to try and watch this one.

Reactions: RidgeRider
Streak this has to be one of the more interesting games next weekend. Jesuit got smashed in week 1 56-7 by Folsom but clearly Jesuit is much improved having won 10 straight and Folsom has struggled during Tyler tremains injury. Did tremain play against Lincoln?
Either way I think you toss that game out completely because these are not the same teams.
I’m going to try and watch this one.
Jesuit has some “toughness” in them that could give Folsom issues as Folsom doesn’t like teams that play physical.

Jesuit has a solid defense with some size and can play smash mouth with two good running backs. They also have a big tight end and that plays DE as well who dwarfed DO’s backers yesterday and his size gives their QB a big target over the middle which kept drives going for Jesuit as he was able to get into space a few times without being noticed.

I felt before the GB game against Folsom that GB had a punchers chance and they got it done.

Jesuit is better than GB and they can beat Folsom if they run it down their throats and keep the Folsom defense honest enough by using their TE effectively and getting their receivers over the middle.

What I saw of the Jesuit QB was he is solid and effective but lacks down field accuracy. They don’t need to throw deep to win based on what I saw. Of course a couple of probing throws down the field can be useful but his strengths lie elsewhere.

should be a good game. Jesuit definitely has a built in home field advantage. Nice stadium, good facilities and excellent staff and volunteers.

Jesuit has some “toughness” in them that could give Folsom issues as Folsom doesn’t like teams that play physical.

Jesuit has a solid defense with some size and can play smash mouth with two good running backs. They also have a big tight end and that plays DE as well who dwarfed DO’s backers yesterday and his size gives their QB a big target over the middle which kept drives going for Jesuit as he was able to get into space a few times without being noticed.

I felt before the GB game against Folsom that GB had a punchers chance and they got it done.

Jesuit is better than GB and they can beat Folsom if they run it down their throats and keep the Folsom defense honest enough by using their TE effectively and getting their receivers over the middle.

What I saw of the Jesuit QB was he is solid and effective but lacks down field accuracy. They don’t need to throw deep to win based on what I saw. Of course a couple of probing throws down the field can be useful but his strengths lie elsewhere.

should be a good game. Jesuit definitely has a built in home field advantage. Nice stadium, good facilities and excellent staff and volunteers.
Thx for the update. Jesuit has a beautiful facility and “day” games can be a little interesting for opponents. If Jesuit can run on Folsom (which isn’t that hard) and control clock that is key. Weakness of Folsom is on the line and like you said physical teams.

it’s all about momentum and I don’t think anybody is afraid of Folsom.

Reactions: remc and concrete17
Jesuit's biggest home field advantage is it's turf. Very different from all other high school fields.
It’s a big advantage. Glad you said it I didn’t have to. ;) It showed itself yesterday, but even with it, not sure how much it would have changed things. Maybe some but hard to say. Whatever League you’re in with Jesuit, kids need to have two pairs of shoes, one for every game they play and one for Jesuit.

It’s a big advantage. Glad you said it I didn’t have to. ;) It showed itself yesterday, but even with it, not sure how much it would have changed things. Maybe some but hard to say. Whatever League you’re in with Jesuit, kids need to have two pairs of shoes, one for every game they play and one for Jesuit.
Yes, two pairs of shoes. I have often said that if Monterey Trail is ever moved back into a league with Jesuit, I will take up a collection to buy a team set of shoes just for that game. Just hand 'em out on game day, then spray them with Lysol and store them for two years.

What about their turf makes it different? I've heard it before but never have learned of the exact reason.

Less of an issue now, but playing Saturday afternoon can throw teams off their routine too.

What about their turf makes it different? I've heard it before but never have learned of the exact reason.

Less of an issue now, but playing Saturday afternoon can throw teams off their routine too.
Their turf is shorter, and the bedding material is shallower. It's more like an indoor soccer turf. Regular cleats can't sink into it well enough, and regular athletic shoes don't get enough grip. You need something more like indoor soccer cleats or old school astroturf cleats. If you have the right shoes, it's a fast field. If not, it's harder to make cuts.

Bring 4-5 pairs of shoes/cleats. We scored 52 and beat them in the semis of the 16-17 season. That field is a major advantage. Visiting teams look like they're playing on cement at times. It's extremely important to have the right cleats on that field.

Bring 4-5 pairs of shoes/cleats. We scored 52 and beat them in the semis of the 16-17 season. That field is a major advantage. Visiting teams look like they're playing on cement at times. It's extremely important to have the right cleats on that field.
Sounds like, when reviewing team films for an upcoming game besides having your OC, DC and various special teams coaches you may want to have the local cobbler and lead sales person from the mall Footlocker Store to sit in on the session for their input into upcoming game conditions/requirements.

17582e9b691a2d1d056b3f3997ca4cd7--vintage-sneakers-childhood-toys.jpg
Old skool Astro turf cleats! Hahjaha.
It can’t be like DVC back in the day.

Hhahahahah.. that’s great.

I’m sorry but I’m a little skeptical. All of these kids play on various types of turf during season, summer, etc. if it’s that well known on this board then it’s certainly not a secret and coaches will adjust.

Hhahahahah.. that’s great.

I’m sorry but I’m a little skeptical. All of these kids play on various types of turf during season, summer, etc. if it’s that well known on this board then it’s certainly not a secret and coaches will adjust.
It can be expensive to adjust. Extra shoes are not easy and automatic purchases for every kid. Especially if it's for one game and you only have a week's notice. Depends a lot on the affluence of the program and school.

But you are correct: coaches adjust. @mistark offers a good strategy. You just have to show up early to give the kids a chance to try out their shoes and make the choice.

It can be expensive to adjust. Extra shoes are not easy and automatic purchases for every kid. Especially if it's for one game and you only have a week's notice. Depends a lot on the affluence of the program and school.

But you are correct: coaches adjust. @mistark offers a good strategy. You just have to show up early to give the kids a chance to try out their shoes and make the choice.
One thing I know about our youth is most have more shoes than space. Rico Flores could play in vans and still be a matchup issue. I don’t think Folsom has any issues here. They need to stop the run and worry about the trenches.
But just because I’m curious now I will look for whether or not kids have diff cleats.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT