ADVERTISEMENT

Playoff Scoreboard: Nov 12-13

Looking at the game photos on maxpreps, a lot of the Jesuit players are wearing what I would call an indoor soccer shoe.

One thing I know about our youth is most have more shoes than space. Rico Flores could play in vans and still be a matchup issue. I don’t think Folsom has any issues here. They need to stop the run and worry about the trenches.
But just because I’m curious now I will look for whether or not kids have diff cleats.
Here's a highlight clip of Elk Grove vs Jesuit from 49ers Sac Hi Sports.

It shows the turf up close and you can see that most of the players on both teams have on non-traditional shoes. This makes sense since Elk Grove has been playing Jesuit for years, and their coaches and players have learned to adjust, as you suggested.

Reactions: concrete17
It can be expensive to adjust. Extra shoes are not easy and automatic purchases for every kid. Especially if it's for one game and you only have a week's notice. Depends a lot on the affluence of the program and school.
Looks like a job for ex-First Lady of the Philippines Imelda Marcos and her closet of +1000 pairs of shoes. And if she is not available then perhaps her personal shoe savant Benny Blingbang could be coaxed out of retirement and hired on an advisory basis.

Old skool Astro turf cleats! Hahjaha.
It can’t be like DVC back in the day.
I spent many days playing impromptu pick up games on that old DVC Astro Turf as a kid. I remember it being about the only Astro Turf field in NorCal back then, besides Candlestick. The Oilers practiced there before facing the Niners BITD. We’d head down there when it was raining, and you could slide for days. Security didn’t care back then. They just let the kids play.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT