ADVERTISEMENT

Playoffs Score Results 11/16-11/18

In a HS game DLS is so good at dictation of tempo.
They never seem to lose the close game. Does winner of Folsom vs Oak Ridge get DLS? I would love to see Oak Ridge Play DLS. Not sure they have ever met.
Or if CN wins out will they automatically get DLS?

LARRY...I would like to see Oak Ridge or Folsom meet DL S, but I don't even if CN takes on DLS it will all end up the same way as usual..maybe one of these will rise up and stop DLS...

LARRY...I would like to see Oak Ridge or Folsom meet DL S, but I don't even if CN takes on DLS it will all end up the same way as usual..maybe one of these will rise up and stop DLS...
I think Clovis north is real deal. Clovis north beat jserra. I was watching some film on them and they would battle any of teams up here with exception of Serra. But selfishly I would like something diff than Folsom vs DLS.

I think Clovis north is real deal. Clovis north beat jserra. I was watching some film on them and they would battle any of teams up here with exception of Serra. But selfishly I would like something diff than Folsom vs DLS.
LARRY.....I too would like to see a team come up or from the area make DLS play a game that they had to worry what may happen as time goes on....

CT took on DLS a couple times while at Del Oro....he is very familiar with them.

LARRY.....I too would like to see a team come up or from the area make DLS play a game that they had to worry what may happen as time goes on....
deLa certainly has the NCS W streak to promote, however, they've been challenged numerous times. Any time their starters are in 4th Q the coaches are concerned with that.
SRV and Cal have gotten close. SRV most recently. Their secret sauce remains...

Reactions: observer22
Wow....9 seconds left and Centennial TO goes for 2 to win against St John Bosco. QB slips on keeper and SJB looks like it will prevail 43-42 and looks like faces Mater Dei in the Finals of Socal Championship. But Centennial recovers onside kick at the 40 with 8 seconds left. Missed pass and sack and SJB prevails.
Centennial blew that game. Similar to Salinas in the 4AA regional game against Placer, up 8 earlier in the 4th, they went for 2 after a TD. Didn't get it. Allowed SJB to score and tie the game with their own 2-pt conversion.

Sigh.

A Prime Example of why Nor Cal needs to bring back the Open Play off game…. It is a Travesty that a team gets “Selected “ to play in the open as the top Nor Cal Champ without actually have to win a playoff game for that honor…..
No, it isn't.

If Clovis North goes undefeated and Serra is undefeated CCS Open champ after tonight's win. Who gets put in Open Division Championship? Serra or Clovis North? I guess we find out if Clovis North goes undefeated when they play Central, but both would be top division champions.
Serra goes to Open, Clovis North goes to D-1AA. As of right now, Serra is listed higher on both Calpreps and Cal-Hi. It would take a blowout of Central for the Broncos to surpass the Padres on Calpreps. In the regular season, they only beat them by 7. They had a big lead against Clovis East yesterday and let them back in the game.

Reactions: M.C. fan
LATE SCORES FROM THE NORTH BAY.....St. Bernard 49 Analy 0
St. Vincent 45 Fortuna 21
Marin Catholic 35 Tam 16

More on St. Mary’s vs Manteca from the Manteca Bullletin … “Davis finished with 69 yards on 17 carries.”

This Rams defense against the run is so much better than last year along with being better than earlier in the season. No other team has held Bryson Davis (who was averaging 206 ypg) to less than 100 yards in a game. Granite Bay had surrendered 143 yards to Davis on 28 carries last week.

Next week vs Rocklin, the St. Mary’s Rams will be challenged with a very balanced offense and a very good defense from the Thunder. As I have shared before, St. Mary’s and Rocklin are very similar this year. I consider Rocklin to being a younger version of St. Mary’s. This is going to be a very good game. The Rams will be seeking vengeance from the semifinal game loss to the Thunder in 2021, which was a shootout where the Rams had the early lead and the Thunder stormed back for the win with a FG. I’m anticipating a different result next week. GO RAMS!!!
St. Mary's looks very strong!! Rocklin will lose some Thunder versus the Green Rams of Stockton! Granite Bay lost to Rocklin at home 43-35. Manteca 35-14. We know Rams defeated Manteca twice 44-7, 41-12. I will predict St. Mary's by 10 points!

Reactions: bulldogmgc
I watched final seconds and that was crazy at the end. Centennial had chances to win it.
A few months ago, I think I surprised a few people by my remarks about the SJB fandom being one of the worst. All you have to do is observe the team's response to the win yesterday to see what the culture is at the school. Centennial is a fairly classy program overall, yet they ended up not shaking hands with the Braves after what happened.

So many coaches thinking themselves into losses.

Corona Centennial scores a TD to go up 8 in the 4th qtr. Instead of going for 1 to make it 9, they go for 2. Don't make it. SJB scores a TD and gets the 2 to tie. After the Braves score again to go ahead by 7, Centennial again goes for 2 after their own TD. They don't get it again and lose by 1 point.

San Diego Lincoln just now was down by 1 to Granite Hills. They drive down to about the 3 with 46 seconds left to play. Do they kick a field goal, given they have no timeouts? No, they try to punch it in with a run. Don't get it, but there's time, so they try it again. Still don't get it. Well, now there's no time to get the FG unit on the field, so they have to rush a pass play. The snap is low, defense falls on it and that's the ballgame.

• Haha
Reactions: concrete17
A few months ago, I think I surprised a few people by my remarks about the SJB fandom being one of the worst. All you have to do is observe the team's response to the win yesterday to see what the culture is at the school. Centennial is a fairly classy program overall, yet they ended up not shaking hands with the Braves after what happened.
Pathetic. Sad.

Reactions: NorCalSportsFan
So many coaches thinking themselves into losses.

Corona Centennial scores a TD to go up 8 in the 4th qtr. Instead of going for 1 to make it 9, they go for 2. Don't make it. SJB scores a TD and gets the 2 to tie. After the Braves score again to go ahead by 7, Centennial again goes for 2 after their own TD. They don't get it again and lose by 1 point.

San Diego Lincoln just now was down by 1 to Granite Hills. They drive down to about the 3 with 46 seconds left to play. Do they kick a field goal, given they have no timeouts? No, they try to punch it in with a run. Don't get it, but there's time, so they try it again. Still don't get it. Well, now there's no time to get the FG unit on the field, so they have to rush a pass play. The snap is low, defense falls on it and that's the ballgame.
That last 3 minutes was some really bad coaching decisions and some dumb penalties by both teams. It felt like both teams were doing their best to not win that game.

Reactions: concrete17
A Prime Example of why Nor Cal needs to bring back the Open Play off game…. It is a Travesty that a team gets “Selected “ to play in the open as the top Nor Cal Champ without actually have to win a playoff game for that honor…..
No, it isn't.

Yes, it is.

You’re in the vast minority on this one, dying on the proverbial hill.

There’s no good reason for EVERY other division to play a regional game and not the Open. You nor anyone else has ever provided good reason for the hypocrisy.

The original reasoning why the North didn’t want it is different than the reason the South, specifically the SS, doesn’t want it.

Every other division allows teams to play their way into the State games. Which, aside from making more $$$ for the CIF, was supposedly the reason they expanded from 5 to 13. Makes no sense for 12 divisions to play their way in while the Open can be decided by a committee decision.

Last edited:
Yes, it is.

You’re in the vast minority on this one, dying on the proverbial hill.

If I were in the minority, then we'd have the play-in game. The fact is no section wants it!!!

There’s no good reason for EVERY other division to play a regional game and not the Open. You nor anyone else has ever provided good reason for the hypocrisy.

The original reasoning why the North didn’t want it is different than the reason the South, specifically the SS, doesn’t want it.

You cannot have a regional Open game in the north and not in the south. How asinine would it be for NorCal to eliminate its #2 and have it's 3 go up against the South's 2 (and down the line)? What, you want the loser to play in the D-1AA game? Isn't that what people are bitching about the NCS and CCS systems (losers get to play on)?

The south eliminated the reason to have one. There was only one team that could reasonably compete with the SS D-1 winner on an annual basis, particularly when MD and SJB started to distance themselves from the pack. They moved that team into D-1. That's it! Game over! No other section wanted their top team eliminated by the D-1 winner and the SS certainly did not want their D-2 winner eliminated.

Every other division allows teams to play their way into the State games. Which, aside from making more $$$ for the CIF, was supposedly the reason they expanded from 5 to 13. Makes no sense for 12 divisions to play their way in while the Open can be decided by a committee decision.

No, that wasn't the reason. The expansion was to remove the elitist nature of the selection process and give other section winners their chances. The original fear that was that only a few schools would get the opportunities to play in the games and that's what happened? How many years went by before the CS finally got a team in? That was by politics, really, not that everyone thought their team was the best candidate. It became a farce.

Do you all remember the original vote for the CIF games? The SS and NCS voted no, while the rest voted yes (just one more major defector would have caused a 'no' overall). Ok, right now you will have the SS, SDS, and LACS voting no (for the reason above), then it doesn't matter what the rest of the state votes. It's going to be a 'no'.

The vote for the removal of the Open regional was TEN to ZERO! What part of that is not understood?

Look, you don't have to like it. I can understand why you might not. But that's not going to change a damn thing because the schools and sections themselves disagree with you.

You all continue to insist on thinking that you are somehow a part of this thing. I'm sorry, but you're not. Get rid of that notion and view it from the perspective of the teams and sections. Only then will it have any sense.

You want to protest this? Go ahead. Don't go to the games. Don't watch on TV or online. Don't participate in the discussions about the games. Whatever. I suspect the CIF gave up on the notion of the casual fan impact long ago. None of it will matter. The teams that do advance will still have their fans traveling for the games or figuring out how to see them. UItimately, that is what matters.

How asinine would it be for NorCal to eliminate its #2 and have it's 3 go up against the South's 2 (
Let’s Analyze this statement Based on the past results…. Let’s pretend the “#1 and #2 teams played in The open play in…. What would have been left…..

I will assume the #3 teams wins the Regional play in…..

2014- DLS vs Folsom-Open
*Folsom beat Grant 56-21 in Regional
D1- #3 Grant vs Oceanside

2015- DLS vs Bells- Open
*Bells beat Folsom 42-35 in Regional
D1AA- #3 Folsom vs Mission Viejo

2016- DLS vs ST Mary’s- Open
*ST Mary’s Beat Freedom 49-40 in Regional
D1AA- #3 Freedom vs SDCC

2017- DLS vs Folsom- Open
*Folsom Beat Central 54-35 in Regional
D1AA- #3 Central vs Helix

2018- DLS vs Folsom- Open
*Folsom beat Central 84-46 in Regional
D1AA- #3 Central vs SDCC

2019- DLS vs Central- Open
*Central Beat OR 38-32 in Regional
D1AA- #3 OR vs Sierra Canyon

2021- Serra vs DLS (Reg Season win over Folsom)- Open
*Folsom beat DLS 28-27 in Regional
D1AA- #3 Folsom vs SDCC

2022- Serra vs Folsom (Reg Season win over DLS)-Open
*DLS beat Folsom 17-14 in Regional
D1AA- #3 DLS vs Lincoln

The whole premise of the second best team in Nor Cal going home is a Joke as there is very little separation between the #1,2 and 3 teams based on past results….

All the teams that played in those regional play in games could beat the So Cal teams with the Exception of 2015 the fluke year when MV was wrongly in a lower playoff Bracket….

This rule was specifically created by the SJS because they were scared that 2014 Folsom would not make a SBG and the rest of the Nor Cal idiot commissioners went along with it because they were all scared of DLS…..

It’s time for a Change, this system makes no sense…. There is no real proof that the games would have been any less competitive at the lower levels if there was an Open play in game in Nor Cal and we would be crowning a Open Champ for Nor Cal each year…..

And there is no reason that the North and South have to have the same format…. If that was the case the North wouldn’t be able to proceed with these Ridiculous Loser moves on Open Championship’s….

Reactions: BigMann08
The "Folsom Rule" is real! Many articles alluded to it back in 2014. Folsom and the SJS complained because they could not beat DLS. They wanted the Bulldogs to get a state championship at all costs.

Folsom was tired of getting blown out by DLS, not winning state championships, and losing positioning in the national polls.

The 2014 narrative was to give Browning a state championship to go along with the national records he was breaking. The SJS also wanted to herald the 2014 Bulldogs as the best team in section history, which would have been impossible if they lost to DLS.

Folsom and the SJS couldn’t bear the sight of the 2014 team not winning a state championship.

Reactions: THEOC89
The "Folsom Rule" is real! Many articles alluded to it back in 2014. Folsom and the SJS complained because they could not beat DLS. They wanted the Bulldogs to get a state championship at all costs.

Folsom was tired of getting blown out by DLS, not winning state championships, and losing positioning in the national polls.

The 2014 narrative was to give Browning a state championship to go along with the national records he was breaking. The SJS also wanted to herald the 2014 Bulldogs as the best team in section history, which would have been impossible if they lost to DLS.

Folsom and the SJS couldn’t bear the sight of the 2014 team not winning a state championship.
Nothing wrong with throwing TD passes late in the game to break records....I was told you have the right to play all 4 quarters!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT