ADVERTISEMENT

Playoff Scoreboard: Nov 24-27

why is playing a National top 10 power a bad look? It’s the opposite to me
Completely agree. I'm simply looking through the looking glass of the CIF. They used their loss against Don Bosco as a factor when they chose Grant over DLS for open. If for some strange reason they were to pick Serra over DLS, I'm just saying I could see the CIF looking at that loss the same way they did back in 08. However ultimately, I believe they will pick DLS because Serra doesn't have the same Resume Grant had. DLS does, as mentioned already by @Sacchiefs, a win against SJS D1 champ and a potential win against SJS D2. Ultimately those factors is why I've said all along they will probably give DLS the chance to get blown off the map by SoCal.

For the record, most of us who were on this board in 08 didnt agree that DLS's close loss to a national power should had been a negative to them, but ultimately it was

After the challenges Folsom had earlier in the season, what an epic win by Folsom. Great job of coaching the kids up. One of the more satisfying wins in recent memory. Feel bad for the Thunder faithful. Must hurt like hell to drop their first game of the season to Folsom. Great season for those kids. How satsifying a win that must be for Coach D. Very very satisfying. Totally dominated the Rocklin offense.

Great bounce back by Folsom.Looked dead in the water earlier this season

Reality is people are arguing over scraps, the right to be obliterated by MD.

As an SF alum sucks my boys lost but Serra earned it, so good on them. Either way I wasn't expecting a close game vs MD, just hoped they had the opportunity
Sorry to hear,absolutely great season for the Lancers.Wanted to see them go all the way.Tough way to end a great season

This I agree with. This is why all nerdy SBG breakdowns the past few weeks were pointless and a waste of time. Let stuff play out and see where things stand at the end. No point breaking down things that haven’t happened.
Pointless and a waste of time describes 90% of the entertainment of life. To me, I am fascinated by the "what-ifs" of any game of chance. Part of the discussion helps to get into the minds of the CIF SBG committee.

One point that hasn't surfaced this weekend is Rocklin - probably because they lost to Folsom. But if Rocklin had beat Folsom and Serra beat SF as they did, Rocklin would would have been the de facto Open bidder.

So true.

Go back and look at all the trolls when Rocklin beat a depleted Folsom team earlier. They were getting aggression out from a decade of beatings lol

The rub salt on the long term wound tonight, Rocklin is nearly SHUT OUT against the soft Folsom defense defense is upset in a game that will sting forever.
I really enjoyed the Folsom / Rocklin game last night. Stop messing with it!!!

Serra to OPEN. Period.

Serra earned it and beat SF who beat DLS. Serra avenged a loss against SF which is impressive. DLS did not and struggled against a few other teams.

Serra to OPEN
Am I seeing double... No, its 5-7 on them now... I wonder if people can read, comprehend and remember what they read. Am if it gets to be too much, people just tune it out. I'm almost there.

Pointless and a waste of time describes 90% of the entertainment of life. To me, I am fascinated by the "what-ifs" of any game of chance. Part of the discussion helps to get into the minds of the CIF SBG committee.

One point that hasn't surfaced this weekend is Rocklin - probably because they lost to Folsom. But if Rocklin had beat Folsom and Serra beat SF as they did, Rocklin would would have been the de facto Open bidder.
Well you do have a point :D . I do waste a ton of time according to my wife and most of the stuff I do daily is pointless, you probably are right.

Sorry to hear,absolutely great season for the Lancers.Wanted to see them go all the way.Tough way to end a great season
That QB bootleg SF ran for a TD was a brilliant call. Serra was so determined to stop Teu that they could have success calling it at least once or twice more.

DLS has blow out wins over the SDS open champion the SJS D1 champion and the NCS D1 champions.Serra has win over SF
Agree. Serra's SOS was really down this year. The COVID cancelled game against Pitt would have given a little more boost to their schedule if it were played and they won it. Paly and HMB don't cut it from what they usually played for nonleague games. I don't see them getting or warranting to be chosen over the Spartans.

Reactions: remc and bella123
Marin Catholic leads 28-7 over Cardinal Newman. Acevedo isn't playing for CN

Marin Catholic leads 28-7 over Cardinal Newman. Acevedo isn't playing for CN
I wonder if MC will be forced to move up to D3 next year. I’m not sure if I like NCS allowing championship games at home fields, it may draw more fans but it’s a huge advantage especially if you’re a daytime game against a team used to 7pm starts.

Newman and MC both need to be forced up to D3 then D3 be a nasty little division……..San Marin should be playing D4 along with Del Norte

on that note Branson should be playing in the MCAL 11 man football they have the numbers now and would be middle of the pack if not top 4 team now

Reactions: remc and NCS707
I wonder if MC will be forced to move up to D3 next year. I’m not sure if I like NCS allowing championship games at home fields, it may draw more fans but it’s a huge advantage especially if you’re a daytime game against a team used to 7pm starts.
Cardinal Newman looks kind of average this year. Agree these finals shouldn't be played at home field of one of the teams playing and day games kind of take an adjustment for those teams not familiar. I remember playing day games and for some reason the lights made it special.

Reactions: NCS707
Newman and MC both need to be forced up to D3 then D3 be a nasty little division……..San Marin should be playing D4 along with Del Norte

on that note Branson should be playing in the MCAL 11 man football they have the numbers now and would be middle of the pack if not top 4 team now
D3 would be stacked. I honestly believe they both belong in 2, they were both in 3A for a bit I believe although for some years it was segregated from the east bay, then I think around 08ish when they resumed real NCS championships I though they were in D2/3.

Yeah I’m not sure what Branson is doing, they are great at the other sports and they’ve had a team for awhile now. They for sure have tall, athletic kids, maybe not the most physical but if they went to MCAL they would attract more. It looks like they have decent numbers and their coach is a CN guy, actually. I know right away they should at least be mid pack…
I wonder is San Domenico will start football as well.

Reactions: MC415
DLS has blow out wins over the SDS open champion the SJS D1 champion and the NCS D1 champions.Serra has win over SF
-Yes sir I forgot they played and beat Cathedral Catholic. That would make potentially 4 section championship wins, depending on how you view the Pitt win. I usually hate the DLS schedule but I do believe there schedule this year will help them out with getting the open bid.

-Regarding the Folsom Rule, I think it would be interesting if the committee goes with Serra and has DLS play Folsom for the rights to play for a state championship. Karma? These 2 havent meet up this late in the year since the rule was put in place.

-Pasty you have always been a fan of mine (even some of my students who follow norcalpreps, like you a lot) but I am disappointed in you right now. You have always been a die hard, loyal, and no matter what Folsom holmer. You have taken the best from the other posters and held your ground, even bringing a lot of laughter to this site (and frustration along the way..haha). With that said, brotha you go mia for like a month and then show up after a section championship win talking it? To each is there own, but imo that seems a little weak to me and honestly I expect more from you. I would have loved for you to stay in Homer mode and hold your ground after the Rocklin loss. Either way, im glad to have you are back and good luck to Folsom the rest of the way.

-Lastly, If you are a Norcal fan, act like it and grow some balls! Whoever gets the open bid, I expect them to rep the North well and win!

Like i said, I believe DLS gets it, but IMO Serra has a better resume. Its a bad look for DLS having 2 losses and one was a butt thrashing. Doesn't matter how bad Serra lost to SF because Serra of today was the better team, so we will agree to disagree
So DLS getting their butt thrashed early in the season by a national recruited up team is a bad look, but Serra gets a pass from their butt thrashing because "Serra of today was the better team"? Nice logic, there.

Newman was really pretty average this year. They are super young so look for them to be Back. Need to find a qb.

MC ate them up both sides of the line today as well…….would have liked to see an MC vs Windsor matchup this year

42-7 MC Ingrassia playing out of his mind today
Wait what happens to the sandbagging claim of last week
efa89b2c7ea5fc0f5f830490f487aff8.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: MC415
Windsor was much more talented. That would have been a good game.
Yes. Personally I’d favor MC by about 7-10 at this point, better line play IMO.

Credit to Cronin and his staff as usual. They suffered a lot of injures after their first round NCS playoff game. They were pretty banged up. Honestly was surprised Vehmeyer was able to play against El Cerrito and then do as well as he did. Don’t see them losing out from here.

SDS Section
D2 Scripps Ranch 42 La Jolla 0
D3 Mater Dei-Chula Vista 37 Ramona 10
D4 Henry 49 Universal City 21

SS
D1 Mater Dei-Santa Ana 27 Servite 7
D5 Valencia 28 Oaks Christian 14
D9 Colony 49 St. Margret's 41
D11 Northwood 37 Jordan 14
D13 Arlington 23 Montclair 0
D14 Loara 14 Rialto 12

LAS
D1 Venice 36 Canoga Park 9
D3 Taft 21 Panorama 9

CS
D1 Liberty 42 Central 14
D2 Bullard 45 Bakersfield 21
D3 Central Valley Christian 27 Bakersfield Christian 25
D4 Independence 28 Mendota 21
D4 Righetti 34 Liberty 7
D5 Morro Bay 35 Taft 33

So DLS getting their butt thrashed early in the season by a national recruited up team is a bad look, but Serra gets a pass from their butt thrashing because "Serra of today was the better team"? Nice logic, there.
You clearly didn't bother to read my other posts. I'm saying DLS will get in because of their other wins. As for their losses, Serra showed they were clicking on all cylinders with avenging their loss to SF. DLS didn't have the opportunity to avenge any of their losses and rather you like it or not, if Serra had a stronger schedule they would get the open over DLS. And yes both of their early season losses would be the difference. Despite it being top national team, it was still a loss and a bad one at that. Look at 08 when Grant went to open. CIF held the loss against Don Bosco against DLS and that game was very close. They held the 2 state champ wins on Grant's resume in higher regard. There was plenty of dispute on how well those state Champs would have done against top CA teams and where they truly would have ranked. If Serra had a similar resume, they go open and DLS D1.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT