ADVERTISEMENT

press democrat defends CN in local article

Agapbliitz

Seasoned Veteran
Feb 7, 2017
local paper comes out in the afternoon after CN publicly called out and defends their resolve for the open. i am wondering how many calls to the pd this took? or if press democrat or ysn365 lurkers orchestrated this?

I don't like the tone of Agapblitz and this recent binge on hating CN but he brings up some valid points regarding them (guru) lobbying to stay out of the open. But, Guru is not CN and omitting part of a quote is reckless to say the least.

CN has had a great run and is deserving of winning or playing for a state championship and the Open division has taken this years opportunity away. That is really a sad state affairs for CIF.

I don't like the tone of Agapblitz and this recent binge on hating CN but he brings up some valid points regarding them (guru) lobbying to stay out of the open.
glad someone agrees. and the part that was left out was left out on purpose becuase i felt it was an attempt to cover up what they had been fed meaning trying to avoid the open. i mean look my point was obviously taken seriously and viewed by many to the point where the press demorat wrote an article on it defending cn and propping them up for theyre 1 and done norcal appaearance

I don't like the tone of Agapblitz and this recent binge on hating CN but he brings up some valid points regarding them (guru) lobbying to stay out of the open. But, Guru is not CN and omitting part of a quote is reckless to say the least.

CN has had a great run and is deserving of winning or playing for a state championship and the Open division has taken this years opportunity away. That is really a sad state affairs for CIF.

There is some truth in there. But CN is worthy to be put in the Open Division if they were selecting 8 teams. I have said they would show all teams justice by only selecting 6 and letting seeds 7 and 8 opt in should they choose to do so. CN won a state championship last season. I see it as the next step and a challenge for them to aim higher after that accomplishment. I know they like perhaps 4 or 5 other teams won't be the favorites to win the Open. But that doesn't mean you duck the challenge or give up before taking on the challenge. I am by no means saying CN has tried to duck the challenge. Or saying they will be giving up. I'm sure they will come in ready and prepared to give it their best. I am not in the heated CN discussion on one side or the other. Other than the fact that people should have a right to express their views and opinions whether pc or not. And folks should take up the right to ignore or respond to comments or people they dont like or agree with.

Best of luck to each team moving forward. May the games be fun, exciting, and injury free.

Last edited:
glad someone agrees. and the part that was left out was left out on purpose becuase i felt it was an attempt to cover up what they had been fed meaning trying to avoid the open. i mean look my point was obviously taken seriously and viewed by many to the point where the press demorat wrote an article on it defending cn and propping them up for theyre 1 and done norcal appaearance
You must have never been a coach, or a good one anyway. No coach worth their salt would EVER try to influence dodging opponents to their players. Like I said before, your agenda was to put CN in a bad light, and your multiple posts prove it. You purposely omitted what was quoted to fit your agenda. Sounds like someone else who deals in alternative facts. Nice avatar.

Reactions: OnBall8
I'm just throwing this out there into the muddy waters, if this is a case of mistaken identity, then the real Jimmy is getting a raw deal. This is great stuff! @winetot "Slow sales month" Hilarious! @Agapbliitz starting another CN titled thread....I'm losing track, this is gold. Visers to brunch invites, sales, Trump avatar, Vegas odds, Napoleon references, throwing out height & weight stats...Agap starting to get a little support is interesting. Mondays!

Geezuz guys.....

would some one PLEASE show me the post where I said CN should NOT have been in the OPEN????

I said from post1 that there were 5 OPEN potential candidates from the NCS... Clet, BOD, Salesian, CN and MM.

I also like to discuss these matters actually using logic( I know that's a foreign concept often on NCP)
So when I pointed out that CN lost to Salesian and Bod and thus were behind them in the OPEN pecking order, that's simply common sense....not dodging...

I said from the beginning they were a bubble team...and the #7 seed proved me correct.

show the post where I lobbied please

and you are correct Jaymel.....I'm not CN...Im not a coach, player, parent or administrator. Im simply an interested alumni whos friends with the coach and few of the parents.

Geezuz guys.....

would some one PLEASE show me the post where I said CN should NOT have been in the OPEN????

I said from post1 that there were 5 OPEN potential candidates from the NCS... Clet, BOD, Salesian, CN and MM.

I also like to discuss these matters actually using logic( I know that's a foreign concept often on NCP)
So when I pointed out that CN lost to Salesian and Bod and thus were behind them in the OPEN pecking order, that's simply common sense....not dodging...

I said from the beginning they were a bubble team...and the #7 seed proved me correct.
i could post a ton where you indirectly lobby for example always listing open teams and leaving CN suspiciously out in attempts to get peeps to think they shouldnt be in even others have agreed.. is this big lou?

There is some truth in there. But CN is worthy to be put in the Open Division if they were selecting 8 teams. I have said they would show all teams justice by only selecting 6 and letting seeds 7 and 8 opt in should they choose to do so. CN won a state championship last season. I see it as the next step and a challenge for them to aim higher after that accomplishment. I know they like perhaps 4 or 5 other teams won't be the favorites to win the Open. But that doesn't mean you duck the challenge or give up before taking on the challenge. I am by no means saying CN has tried to duck the challenge. Or saying they will be giving up. I'm sure they will come in ready and prepared to give it their best. I am not in the heated CN discussion on one side or the other. Other than the fact that people should have a right to express their views and opinions whether pc or not. And folks should take up the right to ignore or respond to comments or people they dont like or agree with.

Best of luck to each team moving forward. May the games be fun, exciting, and injury free.
i could post a ton where you indirectly lobby for example always listing open teams and leaving CN suspiciously out in attempts to get peeps to think they shouldnt be in even others have agreed.. is this big lou?

now its Indirectly lobbying? LMAO....I thought it was PUBLICLY AVOIDING?

And yes I had them OUT of the OPEN if they went to 6 teams.
And they got the 7 seed....imagine that....I was correct.

and yes that's me...and yes you can expect a nice conversation next time we see each other. ;)

now its Indirectly lobbying? LMAO....I thought it was PUBLICLY AVOIDING?

And yes I had them OUT of the OPEN if they went to 6 teams.
And they got the 7 seed....imagine that....I was correct.

and yes that's me...and yes you can expect a nice conversation next time we see each other. ;)
better be a good conversation since ive been working out! coulda sworn you were the flowster

I'm still anxiously waiting the "Agap KO'ed" thread... :cool:
you been lurking these threads like no other what is your connection to cn? atleast big lou has an excuse i saw him fall right off some bleachers and save a drink like it was the last piece of a** in sonoma county ha!

just enjoying the show.. as I stated before, no connection to CN.. just in the group of people wanting to see you eat crow, or maybe big lou's fist..

Reactions: NorCalSportsMom
you been lurking these threads like no other what is your connection to cn? atleast big lou has an excuse i saw him fall right off some bleachers and save a drink like it was the last piece of a** in sonoma county ha!

the only person lurking is you ...the rest of us actually want to discuss hoops

Last edited:
better be a good conversation since ive been working out! coulda sworn you were the flowster

I told you all along I wasn't him.
You've made things very personal on here....starting with Coach Taylor at Windsor and coach Bonfigli at CN. on the boys thread...
You've talked trash about my nephew and my sister. My sister is friends with your wife for gosh sakes...I bet your wife doesn't know youre even doing this...if she did she would be mortified.
You've purposely misquoted CN guard Avery C. and you've ridiculed the lefty CN guard Flores....
You would have known it was me earlier but you couldn't go to any of the Monty people to find it out because you cant ask that question because that would have "outed" you with them. Part of the reason you have gotten so many views??? Its the Monty staff & associates watching what you are going to say next. They are pissed you are doing this. You've made a complete ass out of yourself.
To think how many times I sat with your wife and you in the stands at SR games and talked basketball it just blows me away that its even like this.
You've let everyone know your true feelings and Im sure they are going to let you know theirs.

Seriously if you had a problem you could have gone to any of the monty people and got our #s....
They have all been friends with the CN people for 30+yrs.
You've been heard by many in the northbay...and ALL sides are not happy.

Reactions: GS_1738
So @Agapbliitz was wrong about the "vizers"...? That clears the poor guy that just likes visors and being comfortable. Hahaha haha that would have been akward.... Is that the only mistaken identity? I hope it's the right "Jimmy" or "JP" that @winetot and @northbaybbguru think it is. Because you guys have gotten super personal, just hope it's not the wrong person lolllllllll! Mondays! That would really stink for om express fan "Jimmy" or "JP". Can we please sprinkle in some hoops talk?

You've made things very personal on here....starting with Coach Taylor at Windsor and coach Bonfigli at CN. on the boys thread...

didn't know trolls migrated, thought they stayed put under their bridge. or maybe it's an infection...

MKBGKDNS... You thought I was bad...
This is a new art form....I can't even understand this ...too many random events

With all due respect can't you argue that this is the best team (girls) in the history of sonoma county? Shouldn't we be celebrating what these young ladies have accomplished? And on paper this open game coming up against Carondelet looks to be very competitive. Lets stay positive.

With all due respect can't you argue that this is the best team (girls) in the history of sonoma county? Shouldn't we be celebrating what these young ladies have accomplished? And on paper this open game coming up against Carondelet looks to be very competitive. Lets stay positive.

The 92' Urseline State Championship squad would have a strong argument as well

I don't understand how MM didn't have to bite the bullet instead of CN and SHC??? Why is that does anyone now? I told a lot people there was going to be at large birth this year.

I don't understand how MM didn't have to bite the bullet instead of CN and SHC??? Why is that does anyone now? I told a lot people there was going to be at large birth this year.
Because MM has friends in high places. Harold Abend also talked the team down to help.

Reactions: OnBall8
Easy. Harold is a treasure. How many writers actually care about CA girls prep hoops? He certainly does. And he is very knowledgeable and fair. Objective too. Ripping him is a big mistake. And totally unfair and misinformed.

Easy. Harold is a treasure. How many writers actually care about CA girls prep hoops? He certainly does. And he is very knowledgeable and fair. Objective too. Ripping him is a big mistake. And totally unfair and misinformed.
Not ripping. He is a good helper bee. Outstanding gentlemen too.

What happened to Jiminy Crickets? I'm still in Vegas and do not have as much internet access.

Let's not forget the committee rated Vanden ahead of Miramonte, so if anyone else from D2 was going Open, it was Vanden.

And if Harold has that much power, more people would be buying him dinner.

Clay talked them down enough for the both of them..

I did my best ... but I think anyone who saw us play in person would have to admit we do not have a roster filled with tall, strong and fast girls. Jordan Bryant (5-11 post) and Elle Louie (5-11 wing) are exceptional athletes, no question, and Bryant's background in track shows in her speed and jumping ability, but our two starting freshman guards are not exactly imposing and though Clair Steele is a superb player, her listed height of 5-5 might be just a little bit optimistic.

And apparently the committee agreed -- they believe Vanden with Julia Blackshell-Fair is a better team.

The 92' Urseline State Championship squad would have a strong argument as well

Oh yeah. I knew that team well. Joy Durand and squad were legit. But I think you have elite size and a better all around supporting cast on this years team. But who knows. Times are a lot different. Both teams were (are) incredible.

I did my best ... but I think anyone who saw us play in person would have to admit we do not have a roster filled with tall, strong and fast girls. Jordan Bryant (5-11 post) and Elle Louie (5-11 wing) are exceptional athletes, no question, and Bryant's background in track shows in her speed and jumping ability, but our two starting freshman guards are not exactly imposing and though Clair Steele is a superb player, her listed height of 5-5 might be just a little bit optimistic.

And apparently the committee agreed -- they believe Vanden with Julia Blackshell-Fair is a better team.
I'm saying your wrong at all or disagreeing with you.. you definitely got your point across to many

As much as Miramonte has the feel of an Open program, they are not one of the eight best teams this year.

I saw a coach make the comparison that the Open was the NCAA tournament and the other divisions are NIT. Both have their place but there is a clear difference in accomplishment.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT