ADVERTISEMENT

Sac-Joaquin Division 1 playoff brackets and picks

Sac-Joaquin Section seedings should be in public. Not a closed doors session.

I see a couple of tough first round matchups and some that will not be as tough.

1. Folsom plays winner of 16. Pitman or Pleasant Grove projection-Folsom
8. Weston Ranch plays 8. Grant projection-WR

5. Capital Christian plays 12. Downey projection-Downey
4. Jesuit plays 13. Monterey Trail projection-Jesuit

3. MC plays 14. Oak Ridge or Davis projection-MC
6. Lincoln (Stockton) plays 11. Sheldon projection-Lincoln

7. Laguna Creek plays 10.Edison projection-Edison
2. Inderkum plays 15. Rocklin or Oak Ridge projection-Inderkum

Last edited:
WINNERS

Folsom
Grant over WR
CC
MT over Jesuit
MC
Lincoln
Laguna Creek
Inderkum

I see a couple of tough first round matchups and some that will not be as tough.

I agree with all but I like Capital over Downey. The Teat kid a transfer from Jesuit could possibly end his career back there in the second round.

Reactions: M.C. fan
So what happens if you lose in the first or second round? Is your season over? No Norcals?
If you lose in the 1st round season over. Then only 2nd round losers can advance if a semifinalist is chosen for Open. Section then will pick best ranked team out of second round losers to be placed in NorCal D1 playoffs. All 4 teams that make it to semis from the 16-team bracket are placed in NorCal State playoffs.

In addition, likely the Sac-Joaquin section D1 will have 6/8 placements in NorCal.
Folsom, Inderkum, Modesto Christian and maybe Jesuit are Open worthy. If those four teams go to the Open bracket all four of the second-round losers will get to advance to D1 NorCal's.

Last edited:
I agree with all but I like Capital over Downey. The Teat kid a transfer from Jesuit could possibly end his career back there in the second round.
Downey is good, do not think they cannot beat Capital. French, who is their leading scorer, can light it up. Weston Ranch at home will be a load for Grant!

Fact is.
#1,# 2, #3...... with a neutral finals site. Only thing that matters to MC is which uni color they have to wear on the 25th

The Sac-Joaquin Section took the easy way out and seeded in order of Max-Preps rankings.

That Lincoln vs Sheldon game could go either way. Very tough first round game. This field is very solid but I will give edge to MC based on what they’ve returned , how well they’ve played of late , and scheduling. Has a northern ca team beat them yet? I’m too lazy to look right now.

That Lincoln vs Sheldon game could go either way. Very tough first round game. This field is very solid but I will give edge to MC based on what they’ve returned , how well they’ve played of late , and scheduling. Has a northern ca team beat them yet? I’m too lazy to look right now.
Plenty of tough matchups, If I was Folsom, I would not overlook Weston Ranch in potential 2nd round games. Jesuit versus Monterey Trail is another tough match in the 1st round. Laguna Creek versus Edison is also another tough 1st round game.

Plenty of tough matchups, If I was Folsom, I would not overlook Weston Ranch in potential 2nd round games. Jesuit versus Monterey Trail is another tough match in the 1st round. Laguna Creek versus Edison is also another tough 1st round game.
I’ve seen Jesuit when they are on all cylinders and they can beat anybody. But I’ve seen them other nights and wasn’t nearly as impressed. They can be streaky and consistency is key. Folsom has been very consistent this year. I think they will not have issues with WR. There guard play is outstanding and they handle tempo well.

If you lose in the 1st round season over. Then only 2nd round losers can advance if a semifinalist is chosen for Open. Section then will pick best ranked team out of second round losers to be placed in NorCal D1 playoffs. All 4 teams that make it to semis from the 16-team bracket are placed in NorCal State playoffs.

In addition, likely the Sac-Joaquin section D1 will have 6/8 placements in NorCal.
Folsom, Inderkum, Modesto Christian and maybe Jesuit are Open worthy. If those four teams go to the Open bracket all four of the second-round losers will get to advance to D1 NorCal's.
Per usual the SJS is the worst run section in the state. Only section without an “open” division but d1 in all affects is the open. So they put 16 teams in d1 to make sure as many quality teams get screwed out of NorCal’s.

Oak Ridge edges Davis by a few points to advance to meet Modesto Christian tomorrow. I think it will be a comfortable win by the crusaders. I can’t imagine OR keeping it within 25.

Oak Ridge edges Davis by a few points to advance to meet Modesto Christian tomorrow. I think it will be a comfortable win by the crusaders. I can’t imagine OR keeping it within 25.
Larry MC is pissed. Folsom, Inderkum, Jesuit you have been warned!

Reactions: observer22
Very entertaining game at jesuit
Jesuit 33 and MT 26 at half.
MT came to play!
Lewis looks great for Jesuit.

MT is up 65-63 with 114
Left. Jesuit has shot so poorly tnite and MT has kille them inside. What a great game. It’s rockn in Carmichael

Wow - surprisingly close game. Stay off American River Dr tonite, between Jesuit and Rio hosting home games, traffic for days to bother the neighbors.

🤣
MT played a great game. Out hustled Jesuit all night and dominated the paint. Jesuit missed a ton of shots but they got big plays from reed Jones, Andrej, and Lewis when they needed too. Unlikely that Jesuit shoots that bad again.

Reactions: mrbig864

I guess a lot of kids will be taking the floor for Aau teams this weekend.
grant, mt, edison, el camino and others.

Reactions: mansnothot
As they should be done. Go home! You lost.
Too many teams make playoffs as is.
The embarrassing sjs section who can’t put together an open division and screws Monterey trail with a 13 seed. They are a team who could of made a run in NorCal’s but won’t get a chance.

The embarrassing sjs section who can’t put together an open division and screws Monterey trail with a 13 seed. They are a team who could of made a run in NorCal’s but won’t get a chance.
i mean, they had the chance tonight and lost.

Very observant assassin.
Hahha. I’m not sure about any sort of norcal run from there team but this was their night. Jesuit couldn’t hit the ocean and MT had opportunity to go ahead at 65-65 late but turned ball over. Great Hs game and worth the added gate fee I paid.

Jesuit vs CC will be another good one .

Hahha. I’m not sure about any sort of norcal run from there team but this was their night. Jesuit couldn’t hit the ocean and MT had opportunity to go ahead at 65-65 late but turned ball over. Great Hs game and worth the added gate fee I paid.

Jesuit vs CC will be another good one .
i guess I shouldnt be too surprised at how MT played after looking at the schedule they played this season. 13 seed seems a little low

It’s kind of head scratching how they come up with their seedings based on coin flips. This year Trail Laguna and Grant call Tied For league championship. Laguna gets a Seven Grant nine and Trail 13. Last year Elk Grove and Sheldon tied And Sheldon gets a six In division one And elk Grove A two seed in division two

It’s kind of head scratching how they come up with their seedings based on coin flips. This year Trail Laguna and Grant call Tied For league championship. Laguna gets a Seven Grant nine and Trail 13. Last year Elk Grove and Sheldon tied And Sheldon gets a six In division one And elk Grove A two seed in division two
Another example of how little transparency there is in the SJS process on multiple fronts.

We have some great round 2 games scheduled!
Here is my take

Folsom 75
Weston Ranch 70
Folsom has been stellar all season and is at home. WR will test them but Folsom prevails.

Jesuit 68
CC 62

Marauders got a scare against MT. I think they play much better and more shots fall against CC. Lots of Emotion with PG from CC coming back to Jesuit for what could be last game.

Modesto Christian 70
Lincoln 50
Don’t think this one is that close. MC is clear favorite in d1 and hasn’t lost to a norcal team all year.

Inderkum 84
Laguana 72

Too much offense by Tigers. They are red hot.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT