ADVERTISEMENT

Sac-Joaquin Division 1 playoff brackets and picks

It’s kind of head scratching how they come up with their seedings based on coin flips. This year Trail Laguna and Grant call Tied For league championship. Laguna gets a Seven Grant nine and Trail 13. Last year Elk Grove and Sheldon tied And Sheldon gets a six In division one And elk Grove A two seed in division two
3 AD'S Flipped a coin at section office, odd coin was considered 1st place (Laguna Creek), remaining two ADs flipped and had to match a separate coin flipped by Commissioner, first to match commish was second place (Grant). So that's how Metro sent squads for playoff representation.

Maxprep ratings (the unknown formula) had LC @ 6 (dropping to 7 when adding Jesuit to D1 field). Basically Metro coin flip winner would've have to be seeded higher than LC maxpreps rating.

ultimately gotta just play the games, but knowing the MP formula would be great for scheduling purposes.

I dont think there will ever be a "fair" way to do seedings. Edison was 22-5. Split wins 1-1 vs Ranch they got a higher seed from point differential. So thats more important than us scheduling a non league opponent Riordan in SF, OAL champ Oakland Tech. Common opponent WR loss to Riordan and Northgate we beat both. Our league isnt that good so as we win games we still drop in MP ratings.

1. We get a 10 seed at 22-5, MT get a 13. once again Screams SJS open.
2. At the end of the day we still got to play the games but Going on the road isnt easy especially with deep of a field.

I dont think there will ever be a "fair" way to do seedings. Edison was 22-5. Split wins 1-1 vs Ranch they got a higher seed from point differential. So thats more important than us scheduling a non league opponent Riordan in SF, OAL champ Oakland Tech. Common opponent WR loss to Riordan and Northgate we beat both. Our league isnt that good so as we win games we still drop in MP ratings.

1. We get a 10 seed at 22-5, MT get a 13. once again Screams SJS open.
2. At the end of the day we still got to play the games but Going on the road isnt easy especially with deep of a field.
Winning league is a lot more important than winning non-conference games. Weston Ranch also has a much higher SOS than Edison. Riordan win is good but also include losses to Lathrop (!) and Campolindo by nearly 40. No need for SJS Open...MT had a great opportunity to win at Jesuit last night and and could argue they are top 4 in talent in the section. At the end of the day...have to beat Laguna Creek when you're up 9 at half and their two best players are out.Please stop blaming systems, officials, seeds, and do your best to not make excuses for losses. At the end of the day, playoff success separates yourself as a program!

Winning league is a lot more important than winning non-conference games. Weston Ranch also has a much higher SOS than Edison. Riordan win is good but also include losses to Lathrop (!) and Campolindo by nearly 40. No need for SJS Open...MT had a great opportunity to win at Jesuit last night and and could argue they are top 4 in talent in the section. At the end of the day...have to beat Laguna Creek when you're up 9 at half and their two best players are out.Please stop blaming systems, officials, seeds, and do your best to not make excuses for losses. At the end of the day, playoff success separates yourself as a program!
Lol

that part

i mean, they had the chance tonight and lo
We have some great round 2 games scheduled!
Here is my take

Folsom 75
Weston Ranch 70
Folsom has been stellar all season and is at home. WR will test them but Folsom prevails.

Jesuit 68
CC 62

Marauders got a scare against MT. I think they play much better and more shots fall against CC. Lots of Emotion with PG from CC coming back to Jesuit for what could be last game.

Modesto Christian 70
Lincoln 50
Don’t think this one is that close. MC is clear favorite in d1 and hasn’t lost to a norcal team all year.

Inderkum 84
Laguana 72

Too much offense by Tigers. They are red h

Reactions: coachlittle
Folsom by 10 - PG Micah is tough and heady.
MC by 25 - they want a shot at Inderkum
Jesuit by 15 - Teat will end his career back at home tonight.
Inderkum by 25 - too much fire power.

Their two best players? Sorry that’s coaching. It’s on him.

Correct. 1-8 in the SJS bracket won. Seeding committee got it correct. Instead of coming on here to complain, coaches should look themselves in the mirror.
You don’t even get the argument. Sjs should have an open. Even if 8-16 teams are seeded correctly first round losers are eliminated from NorCal’s when in every other section they would be moving on.

Folsom by 10 - PG Micah is tough and heady.
MC by 25 - they want a shot at Inderkum
Jesuit by 15 - Teat will end his career back at home tonight.
Inderkum by 25 - too much fire power.
I like all the outcomes although I think a couple of the games might be a little tighter. Folsom vs WR is the game to attend in term of what looks to be the most competitive.

46-31 Jesuit at half
Totally different team. MT gave them a wake up call.
Haught has about 20 at half and Andrej 15 or so.

Modesto Christian escapes with a 59-53 OT win over Lincoln Stockton. Folsom losing to Weston Ranch 55-43 midway through 4th quarter.

Reactions: M.C. fan
Ponderosa loss first round as Number 1 seed and loss to St. Mary's. Atwater was #2 seed and won first round. Not quite the same!
And pondo is still playing this year! That is what a good program does. Learn and grow. Not nearly the same team as last year (lost 90% of offense) and has won 14 or so in a row. Whitney is a tough team. I’ve seen them play 5-6x this year. Athletic and deep. Atwater probably hadn’t seen anybody as good .

i said what i said
And it’s stupid. Turn the page. Folsom lost to a team that has won 19 in a row. They played like shit and WR wanted it more. Atwater lost to a great program. Whitney has been one of the most consistent SJS D2 programs in the last decade. And you keep talking about pondo from last year. Dumb.
It’s Hs basketball.

And it’s stupid. Turn the page. Folsom lost to a team that has won 19 in a row. They played like shit and WR wanted it more. Atwater lost to a great program. Whitney has been one of the most consistent SJS D2 programs in the last decade. And you keep talking about pondo from last year. Dumb.
It’s Hs basketball.
pause

He has D1 offers from Most Cal-State teams. Saint Mary's/Loyola Marymount would be optimal!
Right on. Like Fullerton, Northridge, LB? I look forward to watching him play. Would love to see a Jesuit and MC finals. Funny how you guys really gelled after Phillips left. Hs hoops is so much about chemistry and roles.

Right on. Like Fullerton, Northridge, LB? I look forward to watching him play. Would love to see a Jesuit and MC finals. Funny how you guys really gelled after Phillips left. Hs hoops is so much about chemistry and roles.
MC seems to revel in playing in tough environments. They seem to maybe get a bit too relaxed when they play at home and not play as focused as evidenced by some of the sloppy play last night against Lincoln who were dialed in.

They've played 7 teams that are either currently in the Ball is Life Fab 50, on the bubble, or have been ranked at some point in the season(Coronado, Notre Dame, Centennial, West Linn, Liberty, St. Rita and Vashon). They are 1 and 6 against those teams, two of the losses in OT, and played out of state in the opponents back yard(St. Rita and West Linn.) In the OT loss to West Linn, they had only 7 players and 2 of those played sparingly, with BJ Davis and Prince Osaya fouling out either in the 4th or in OT.

They've got a big test against a very good Inderkum team, but they should be ready, although I think they've got some work to do this week as they prep. Should be a great game.

Jalen Brown's mid range game is fantastic. He is so tough to stop when he gets into the paint. He's a very fluid and composed player.

3 AD'S Flipped a coin at section office, odd coin was considered 1st place (Laguna Creek), remaining two ADs flipped and had to match a separate coin flipped by Commissioner, first to match commish was second place (Grant). So that's how Metro sent squads for playoff representation.

Maxprep ratings (the unknown formula) had LC @ 6 (dropping to 7 when adding Jesuit to D1 field). Basically Metro coin flip winner would've have to be seeded higher than LC maxpreps rating.

ultimately gotta just play the games, but knowing the MP formula would be great for scheduling purposes.
Good observations. Metro goes 1-3 in playoffs with the Creek the only winner. Grant finishes season with double booked losses to Weston and have not lost in 1st round of Sections in many years. Injuries to Bobo and moderate impact by Parker have Grant finishing with double digit losses as well.

MT gave Jesuit all it could handle yet puzzling to see MT hovering around a 500 record most of the season with there roster.

Breakthrough year for LC..a home playoff win and challenged Inderkum though outmanned.
LC has a shot for a NorCal bid since today's playoff are one big participation trophy.

No more lose and its a wrap if you dont make section finals.

Teams are heating up as we roll into the semifinals of the Sac-Joaquin section playoffs.

D1
#8Weston Ranch at #4Jesuit I like both squads who can shoot well and defend.
I think the Marauders, could be invited to Nor-Cal Open but will not advance past the red-hot Cougars of Weston Ranch. The tough pre-season schedule has vetted both teams to this moment.
Weston Ranch 63-62 Jesuit

#2 Inderkum host's #3Modesto Christian at Inderkum
As Cal-Hi Sports reported both teams will move on to the Nor-Cal Open and if seeded correctly would be the SJS Championship game. Inderkum has the advantage of home court and overall size.
MC is fast and furious. The Tigers and Crusaders will have to manage fouls and turnovers. Whoever can minimize costly mistakes and errors, will win.
MC 74-69 Inderkum

Folsom, even with the quarterfinal loss was the #1 seed of the SJS D1 and should be placed in the Nor-Cal Open.

Last edited:
Teams are heating up as we roll into the semifinals of the Sac-Joaquin section playoffs.

D1
#8Weston Ranch at #4Jesuit I like both squads who can shoot well and defend.
I think the Marauders, could be invited to Nor-Cal Open but will not advance past the red-hot Cougars of Weston Ranch. The tough pre-season schedule has vetted both teams to this moment.
Weston Ranch 63-62 Jesuit

#2 Inderkum host's #3Modesto Christian at Inderkum
As Cal-Hi Sports reported both teams will move on to the Nor-Cal Open and if seeded correctly would be the SJS Championship game. Inderkum has the advantage of home court and overall size.
MC is fast and furious. The Tigers and Crusaders will have to manage fouls and turnovers. Whoever can minimize costly mistakes and errors, will win.
MC 74-69 Inderkum

Folsom, even with the quarterfinal loss was the #1 seed of the SJS D1 and should be placed in the Nor-Cal Open.
Don't think the committee will put Folsom in the Norcal Open with that loss. Most likely D1

Don't think the committee will put Folsom in the Norcal Open with that loss. Most likely D1
Folsom is not going to the open. Folsom could be this year‘s Elk Grove, beat in the semi finals and then went on to win a state championship in division two

It’s Hs basketball.
Just curious how you sat center court at Jesuit vs Capital with your family and say Folsom played like Shit and WR wanted it more.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT