ADVERTISEMENT

San Joaq D1...Bside a number 7 seed...

Just a couple points ...

*CIF now has less control over seeding than before. It was done by section commissioners, who are much more locked into CIF bureaucracy and interests than the committee, which is made up of former coaches, ADs and the like.

Of course CIF wants to control things, but the main thing they want -- as you point out -- is to generate income. I just can't see them doing much when it comes to girls' basketball because it doesn't generate revenue. The money is in football ...

*Most states have committees do the seeding, though the state tournament bracket pairings (Region 1 vs. Region 4, say) are often set in advance.

There's some very weird seeding everywhere. Grandview, at 20-1, is seeded second in Colorado, behind Highlands Ranch, which has more losses and lower strength of schedule. (And Miramonte lost to Highlands Ranch by four, and having seen Grandview, there's no comparison. Destrehan is 31-0 in Louisiana and is seeded behind a three-loss team -- that lost to a team Destrehan beat by 20. I could go on ...)

*Finally, I believe almost all section board members are principals who are given time to participate by their districts. Obviously, they make good money, but I wouldn't call them old money.

Clay

Exactly principles or AD's that old money with a lot friends that take care of each other through the thick and thin? Like the old days!!!

Clay

Exactly principles or AD's that old money with a lot friends that take care of each other through the thick and thin? Like the old days!!!

The principals on the committees absolutely will take care of their friends and their leagues if they can. Its been happening for yrs. To think that it DOESNT happen is ignorant.

I've been hearing the complaints for yrs about the MCAL(NCS) having their people on the committees and receiving what appears to be favorable seedings. Just to point out 1 example...

Last edited:
The principals on the committees absolutely will take care of their friends and their leagues if they can. Its been happening for yrs. To think that it DOESNT happen is ignorant.

I've been hearing the complaints for yrs about the MCAL(NCS) having their people on the committees and receiving what appears to be favorable seedings. Just to point out 1 example...

All humans in positions of authority are good and honest folks who would never cheat. Their all the same. And they are always fair and always right. That sainthood is why they made it to those positions of authority.

I would agree. Having friends in position of power can only help, it can't hurt. Perhaps RespectBB is right and their is an actual conspiracy to help Oakridge because of their proximity to the Max Preps Corporate offices.

Jaymel911
Never said Maxprep because there ranking arrive close this year. I'm tasking at the section!!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT