ADVERTISEMENT

Scores

TD Napa - 38-13 with 9 minutes to go in 4th Qtr. The Indians have 2 rushers with over 100 yards rushing.

Dougherty Valley 28 - Acalanes 7 in 4th Qtr

Foothill 35 - Monte Vista 17 in 4th Qtr

Palma's Jared Torculas 5 yard TD (9 play 60 yard drive)
MVC 25 Palma 21 10:05 left in Q4
Torculas has over 100 yards rushing

Antioch 32 - Freedom 17 Final

Liberty 8 - Heritage 7 Final

Pitt 21 - Deer Valley 12 at half

Amador Valley 17, California 14, final
Cals last two drives, fumble on 10 and didn't spike ball and ended on 1.

Bad first half caught up, down 17-0 looked like Cal was coming all the way back. Amador didn't make a 1st down in 2nd half, all 3 and outs.

Cals last two drives, fumble on 10 and didn't spike ball and ended on 1.

Bad first half caught up, down 17-0 looked like Cal was coming all the way back. Amador didn't make a 1st down in 2nd half, all 3 and outs.

Tough way to lose, Shades of 2011 playoff loss to Freedom where Cal was down by 1 and got inside the 10 in the final seconds but tried to run the FG unit out there instead of simply spiking the ball.

INT for Palma by Vianni Fratangelo (Norcals nephew). TD Palma 35- 25 MVC 36 seconds left in 4th. 200+ yards for Jared Torculas on 33 carries.

Palma 35- MVC 25 Final. A lot of penalties for Palma almost cost them the game. When Emilio went down Palma once again went away from running the ball and they struggled. Nice goal line stand by MVC at end of the 1st half to keep their lead. Palma came out in the 2nd half and got back to running the ball and took over the game in the 2nd half.

Tough way to lose, Shades of 2011 playoff loss to Freedom where Cal was down by 1 and got inside the 10 in the final seconds but tried to run the FG unit out there instead of simply spiking the ball.
Or use one of their remaining time outs

Final: Napa 38 Wood 21. Hat's off to Wood. They are a very good football Team.

Looks like Napa is in the drivers seat to take the MEL title. Wood and Vacaville most likely playing for second place in black and blue bowl.

Pacheco beat Ceres 64-57 by scoring on last play. Crazy game to watch... It was 42-35 Ceres at half!

Thanks for the update on my nephew. He may be out a couple weeks (concussion) on last play of the game when he went helmet to helmet on a tackle. I was listening to game and had family emergency to be with family (my father-in-law unexpectedly passed away).I didn't find out until later about my nephew. I'll watch the game tonight at 7pm on CHN stream.

My father-in-law was a former mayor of Concord and a big supporter of Mt Diablo Football (his alma matter) and a member of their Sports HOF). He played football (LB) at San Jose State Univ. and also was an assistant coach at St Mary's college (Galli was head coach in those days).

Last edited:
Reactions: PAL95

Or use one of their remaining time outs

Did they really have time outs left? Wow.

Totally wrong, had called play before previous play, Bellichi was yelling to spike the ball but players ignored him or didn't hear him. NO TIMEOUTS LEFTS.

For about the fifth time during game Amador got help from Zebras, Cal got 1st down with 23 secs left but zebras didn't stop clock to move the chains, which is the rule. Caused panic to get play off but still had time to spike.

The FG unit did not go on the field.

Totally wrong, had called play before previous play, Bellichi was yelling to spike the ball but players ignored him or didn't hear him. NO TIMEOUTS LEFTS.

For about the fifth time during game Amador got help from Zebras, Cal got 1st down with 23 secs left but zebras didn't stop clock to move the chains, which is the rule. Caused panic to get play off but still had time to spike.

The FG unit did not go on the field.

No it was the 2011 playoff game where they had the all on the 10 1st & goal down by 1, and ran a QB sneak and then rather than spike the ball to set up the winning FG they rushed the FG unit out there with no time to set up and it was blocked.

There were no TOs left in that game, but I thought the previous poster said they had some last night. Still, a spike would have been beneficial in both games.

Sounds like similar chaos 1st & goal in both games with clock running down only last night's kick would have only tied it whereas the 2011 kick would have won the playoff game rather than end the season. Hopefully they can rebound next week against Foothill and get back into contention for their 4th straight EBAL title.

Reactions: 1315

In freedom playoff game they had timeout(s) left

In freedom playoff game they had timeout(s) left

No they didn't. They used the last one on the last drive. Plenty of time to spike the ball though and it was only 2nd down. Pretty much the same scenario as last night.

Thanks for the update on my nephew. He may be out a couple weeks (concussion) on last play of the game when he went helmet to helmet on a tackle. I was listening to game and had family emergency to be with family (my father-in-law unexpectedly passed away).I didn't find out until later about my nephew. I'll watch the game tonight at 7pm on CHN stream.

My father-in-law was a former mayor of Concord and a big supporter of Mt Diablo Football (his alma matter) and a member of their Sports HOF). He played football (LB) at San Jose State Univ. and also was an assistant coach at St Mary's college (Galli was head coach in those days).
Prayers to you and your family NorCal!!! My condolences from Sutter Nation

Ditto farmair3.
Life is always ready to step in and remind us of our priorities.

Reactions: NorCalSportsFan
Slick 58, After reaching the Regionals 2 out of the last 3 seasons our youth this year has caught up to us. We are full of Jrs and 3 sophs including the starting QB. Our defense only has 3 Sr starters and offense has 3 Sr starters also. We played a tough pre season with Palma and Bear River on it. The Ripon game was a brain fart from the beginning. Orland and Sutter has become the most heated rivalry in the Northern Section. Orland's record is always suspect due to their schedule. The game this season will be like those in the past. Probably low scoring defensive battle.

Slick 58, After reaching the Regionals 2 out of the last 3 seasons our youth this year has caught up to us. We are full of Jrs and 3 sophs including the starting QB. Our defense only has 3 Sr starters and offense has 3 Sr starters also. We played a tough pre season with Palma and Bear River on it. The Ripon game was a brain fart from the beginning. Orland and Sutter has become the most heated rivalry in the Northern Section. Orland's record is always suspect due to their schedule. The game this season will be like those in the past. Probably low scoring defensive battle.

I saw some the playoff game highlights online last season. Sutter will be back. The brand of ball is there just need the horses to execute it. Someone on here posted that Fortuna beat Orland earlier and Orland was the favorite to win NS D3. Wanted to get your thoughts on how good Orland is but Sutter has a date with them coming up. That game should give us a good benchmark.

Fortuna did beat them. Sutter and Orland meet this week for the BVL championship. Sutters tough pre season schedule is built for games like this in mind. For the past 5 years or so this has been not only a league championship game but the winner is usually in the drivers seats for the section as well. I believe the winner of this game has received the #1 seed in the playoffs the last 4 or 5 years. Should be a real good game. All 3 sophs now have gained a lot of experience the last 4 weeks and are all contributing. The Defense has also gotten better as changes have been made since the early season. I expect a defensive battle. Sutters JVs have beaten them pretty handily when these 2 teams have met the last 2 seasons as JVs but that will be all out the window now as varsity players. Orland plays Sutter tough!! Plain and simple

Newman 46
Ukiah 0

I think it was 46-0 at half. Ukiah needs to go to SCL and Analy NBL for football. Time to start to think about playoff match ups for Newman down the stretch.

Since Windsor and Casa came to the NBL, and Piner and Elsie went to SCL, Analy's had a cakewalk in league play, and Ukiah has only won one league game (not counting this year). In the 1st three years of the new leagues, from 2012-2014, Ukiah has been 1-20 in league play and 5-25 overall. In the same period, Analy, in the SCL, has gone 18-0 in league play, and 35-4 overall, with nobody in the SCL able to put up a fight. Unless Petaluma comes up with good team once every 5 years or so, Analy will go undefeated every year, with the starters playing only 1/2 a game each week. Ukiah and Analy need to swap leagues for the sake of both programs. Unless, of course, Analy likes their current level of competition. But until they play in the NBL there can be no claiming they're the best in the Redwood Empire, based on their record against some of the worst teams in California.

Good analysis 1tunz1. Its awful the teams in that league. If Monty and MC could come up with consistently good football teams the NBL would be a very solid league. Newman, Casa, Rancho, Monty, MC, Santa Rosa, and add Analy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT