ADVERTISEMENT

SHC Head coaching job available

Sounds good. He'll have a good group this season
I hope he works the team hard so that they will not have as much time as last year to perfect the art of theft, which I understand was not a one time occurrence. Really good group Irish jeers?

I hope he works the team hard so that they will not have as much time as last year to perfect the art of theft, which I understand was not a one time occurrence. Really good group Irish jeers?

Don't be jealous Rabbit5, It will be hard for you next year, I know.

Reactions: Irish_Cheers
I'm glad the Irish finally got their coach. They have the talent to take WCAL. We shall see.

Last edited:
I'im glad the Irish finally got their coach. They have the talent to take WCAL. We shall see.
I was just gonna say that was Peterson that lost, Mackay started the next year and won the Gridley and also defeated Sacred Heart a couple of days later!

I was just gonna say that was Peterson that lost, Mackay started the next year and won the Gridley and also defeated Sacred Heart a couple of days later!

Who did Mackay beat out PAL95, was it really Rich?...How many candidates applied for the job? If you can share now that the decision was made.

Who did Mackay beat out PAL95, was it really Rich?...How many candidates applied for the job? If you can share now that the decision was made.
From what I know is that it came down to Forslund and Mackay for the final two people. They chose Mackay over Forslund head to head. Like someone eluded to its not that Rich wouldn't do a decent job, it's just that they wanted to go in the other direction when all was said and done. Most of the other names on here mentioned most likely got interviewed and these two made the cut. So yes it was really the Doc that got beat out.

Reactions: Scott2138
From what I know is that it came down to Forslund and Mackay for the final two people. They chose Mackay over Forslund head to head. Like someone eluded to its not that Rich wouldn't do a decent job, it's just that they wanted to go in the other direction when all was said and done. Most of the other names on here mentioned most likely got interviewed and these two made the cut. So yes it was really the Doc that got beat out.

I like the fact that Mackey has recent college experience. He knows what colleges are looking for and he can prepare the young youth the right way.

I like the fact that Mackay has recent college experience. He knows what colleges are looking for and he can prepare the young youth the right way.
Correct, that's what I liked about him also. He has a diverse resume from assisting in the WCAL to coaching inner city kids in San Leandro which is not an easy task. Its not like most of the WCAL schools where as you have kids going through more serious issues in the streets that outweigh what alot, but not all private school kids have to deal with. On top of that it gets even more extreme when you are at the Juco level where SJC had players from Chicago, Memphis, the east bay to name a few. He's dealt with kids from all walks of life.I follow some Juco ball also. I just so happened to catch some of the games in highschool he coached in and walked away impressed. Interesting note is I read in an older article that him and Kennedy from Mitty grew up with eachother! That would explain SL scheduling Mitty earlier in his career. Sounds like they will have some battles coming up lol!

http://norcalbasketball.blogspot.com/2014/02/meet-sean-mackay.html?m=1

So has his ultimate goal changed from leading his own juco program to leading the Irish, which would have become his penultimate goal, only time will tell. Will say this, its nice to see a coaching search think outside the box for once. On paper, looks solid. Now, is there any way we can get HMB vs the Irish in HMB this year before the cabinet goes bare for Rich? ;)

That's true enough... They'll have VC breathing down their necks.
I'm glad the Irish finally got their coach. They have the talent to take WCAL. We shall see.
im not worried about the Crusaders Scott and Jeers, as usual I look forward to the games between our schools. At long last you have a coach, good luck to him and his staff, I wish them nothing but the best.

im not worried about the Crusaders Scott and Jeers, as usual I look forward to the games between our schools. At long last you have a coach, good luck to him and his staff, I wish them nothing but the best.
Agree. Crusaders will be young and vertically challenged, but do have good guard play coming up and a Crusader SF Prep HOF'er's son entering this Fall. Future looks bright for both schools.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT