ADVERTISEMENT

Sheldon Block Party

4:39 left, Liberty ball.

Liberty fast break, #4 scores….

Jesuit #22 fouled underneath, 2 shots. 3:46 left…. both good, tied at 56.

Haupt pass to #22 for a score…. 58-56. Liberty gets downcourt and calls time. 3:08 left.

wotta shot by LIberty #1 to tie it.. and another to get the lead! 60-58 Liberty.

Jesuit ball, down 2. 3 in the key. Guy trapped himself in there.

Liberty #22 scores inside….

Jesuit #22 goes up high inside, is fouled on the try. Makes both. 62-60 Liberty, ball and lead. offensive foul on the baseline…. Jesuit has it, down 2, 1:11 left.

Looking back during the break, I see what I did to get screwed up re: the quarters. Oooooops….

Anyway…

Liberty #1 drives and scores! They steal, call time out! 64-63 Liberty, their ball and lead, 64-63. 27.2 left.

Liberty #1 fouled immediately…. FT’s split! 2-point game…. Haupt gets to the rack and scores! Tie ball game! Liberty loses it over the baseline, Jesuit ball, time out with 6.2 left….

Haupt gets it, zooooooooms down the left sideline, pass to Epperson for the game winner…. NO!

NOW…. we have four minutes of…

FREEEEEEEEEE BASKETBALL!!

Reactions: observer22
Haupt 3, nope…. offensive rebound by #15, fouled on the putback try. Makes one, ball knocked out to Liberty.

Liberty #24 scores, nice pass sets that up..

Jesuit pass to #22…. charging. 67-66 Liberty.

#23 gets to the rack, 69-66…. but Epperson scores, fouled…. FT is good. 69 all.

Liberty scores… missed who did it…

Haupt pass to #15 for an easy score…. tied at 71, 2:10 left. in OT. Got it right this time. :)

Jesuit rebounds a miss…

Shot-clock violation, terrific D…. 1:15 left.

#1 fires a 3 from Folsom…. BAMMMM!!! 74-71. 1:00 left, Liberty in front.

Jesuit 3 try, nope…

Liberty #5 fouled. 30.3 left, bonus 2 shots. Makes both.. 76-71.

Jesuit gets off a couple 3’s, nope…. Liberty rebound, this baby’s over, all but the shouting. #4 has 2 FT’s, make one…. 77-71 Liberty final.

I just heard that #1 of Liberty, Gavin Cook Whisenton, scored 32 points…. He was amaizng…

15-8 Redwood after 1 quarter. I know Redwood is VERY good for a .500 team, but this would be quite the shocker.

Myself, I’m taking this game off for the kooky semi-play-by-play stuff.

Redwood with a wild banked 3 at the buzzer! 29-14 Redwood at the half!

I think the last time Clovis West was held under 15 in a half, there were still bottoms on the peach baskets, and laces on the ball.

Reactions: observer22
45-26 Redwood after 3. Just amazing stuff here…. Clovis West press has been largely ineffective, amazingly enough…

Well, there’s a CW steal and bucket…. 48-30…. and a Redwood time out. 6:39 left.

Press by CE is finally starting to cause some turnovers…. but it’s still 51-34, 5:48 left.

CW is inching closer…. but it’s 55-40, 4:15 left.

55-44, 3:10 left…

CW STEAL…. #4 goes all the way for 2, fouled…. FT missed, 55-46. 2:35 left… and Redwood #12 knocks down a 3! 58-46…. 1:55 left.

alley oop layup to #4, 58-48…. and a Redwood turnover…. Another inside try, #33.. miss, fouled, FT’s. both good…. 58-50.

STEAL…. another CW score…. but Redwood nails the coffin with a corner 3! Maybe…. 61-54, 43.7 left.

Can’t ever count CW out…

STEAL…. stolen back, stolen again…. CW corner 3…. Airball. 21.5 left…. Redwood #12 fouled…. FT’s split… but Redwood grabs the rebound! #12 back at the line…. both good…. A couple long CW 3’s, nope…. 64-54 final. Quite a ball game….

Shelson goes on a big run, culminating in an impressive alley-oop dunk…. Time out SPSV…. 32-23 Sheldon, 5:03 left 2nd.

A Sheldon fast-break ends in a dazzling alley-oop one-hand jam! Holy carp…

46-32 Sheldon at the half.

I can only imagine what a more typical Sheldon full house would have been like witnessing THAT one…. I know Sheldon’s not having the greatest season, but come on…

Gotta love those coach’s kids…

Deuce Walker’s dealing ACES out there…. He’s made a mess of shots in a row to keep SPSV close…. Of course, I said that, and he missed one…. 74-65 Sheldon, 1:54 left.

There he goes again…. Another three for SPSV, makes it 76-68. Deuce Walker has 29.

Next up, two teams I’m familiar with due to their having faced Campo very recently.

CVC nipped Campo a couple nights ago by 6, Campo beat Capital Christian by 2 last Saturday.

Nope, I’m not gonna go full-boat with the play-by-play stuff…. I am flat exhausted, have had a headache all day.

But I’m sure gonna be watching…

btw, in making sure of the Campo scores, I spotted today’s result vs Mt. Diablo, the exact opposite of a powerhouse…

83-17 Campo.

I don’t see James Moore on the scorer’s sheet for CVC…. He’s their only major-contributor senior. So in a way, we’re getting a sneak preview of what CVC might look like next season. No idea why he’s not here.

14-11 Capital at the moment, 2:30 left 1st.

Just noticed that junir star Elijah Perryman isn’t here or on the scoresheet either…. CVC is still playing great, tho…. 19-17 CVC, 4:15 left in the half.

Capital’s #33 the recipient of a great pass for an alley-oop jam…. then he goes to the other end and goaltends a shot at the buzzer (in very impressive fashion)>. 31-24 Capital at the half.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT