ADVERTISEMENT

Sheldon Block Party

kiddman32

Hall of Famer
Nov 25, 2012
Just arrived, late in the 3rd quarter of Rio Americano v Laguna Creek…

Laguna leads 42-37.

Whaddaya know…. a school guest wi-fi that actually works…

44-41 now, 30 seconds 3rd.

Sittig next to the broadcats booth has its advantage…. I just heard the Laguna guy who hit a logo 3 just now is a freshman…. 47-43 Laguna. Name is Jaylen Virgil, he leads the team in scroing

I don’t have lineups, so my updates will be sporadic, not attemps at play-by-play (which my fingers can’t do anyway).

Rio #15 scores inside…. but Laguna #2 is FOULED, 3 shots…. 7.8 seconds. Misses the first, time out…

Makes the 2nd…. I musta missed something, tho…. Rio had 2 more points than I thought. Anyway, Riobreaks the press, scores to lead by 4 again, then Laguna hits a 3 at the buzzer…. final score, 61-60 Rio Americano.

Next up, one of the most-anticipated games of the day, Del Oro and Caden Pnnnick vs Sac Hi, starring Sir Marius Jones…. No, I’m not making that “Sir” up. It’s on the MaxPreps roster that way..

Sachi is 15-4, Del Oro 16-4. Maxpreps ratings are Sac #92, DO #52.

Reactions: coachlittle
These games are all on NFHS, btw…. Professionally produced by ABC Jams, not the crappy security-cam stuff.

11-10 Sac after 1 quarter…. Usually, Pinnock plays nearly every minute, but he was taken out mid-quarter, I don’t think it’s foul trouble…. But he’s going back in now.

Sac with a run, goes up 19-12. 5:57 in the half.

Pinnick steal, coast to coast for a score…. 19-14.

Lob, KABOOOOM! Barksdale of Sac THROWS IT DOWN! Team celebrates loudlym earns a team T. Never seen THAT before,,, 23-15 Sac.

meaning, a team T…. how does that work in scorekeeping?

Game has definitely livened up now…. and Sac is more live than DO…. 31-19.

DO scores at the buzzer, but Sac has blitzed ‘em bigtime…. 37-23 Sac Hi at the half.

Turns out I misheard the ref on that T…. it wasn’t a “team tech” at all.

But a Sac coach told me the reason for the T on Barksdale was really lame…. “He scared him”…. Not stared him down, or anything like that…. “scared him”. Silly.

Jones makes a 3 from the logo.. it’s now 52-28 Sac. They’re sure bringing it here…

Last edited:
Long DO 3 at the buzzer, makes it 54-38.

They need a whole lot more of that…

Pinnick has been a near non-factor today and played fewer minutes than usual…. I wonder if he’s under the weather or something…

Pinnick’s back in now, doing his best to lead a charge…. steal and score makes it 59-46, but Sac answers inside, and 1…. 62-46. 5.22 left.

DO time out, 64-50. 4:21 left. Whatever I said earlier about Pinnick, he’s balling out now…. 99.9% chance it’s too late, tho.

Don’t look now…. DO is back with 7 after a Pinnick 3. 66-59, 2:18 left, Sac ball.

Sac says, “Oh, no you don’t…”. 71-61 after a 3-ball..

Hack and hope time…. That ain’t gonna work…. Sac’s making their FT’s. 73-61.

A Pinnick 3 again…. but 10 points in 54 seconds…. Maybe if you sub in Curry and James…

Another DO 3…. at least the score’s gonna look decent.. 74-66, 20.6 left…. Another hack…. FT’s both missed. Sac steal.. more FT’s. Both good. Pinnick putback at the end, 76-68 Sac Hi.

Pleasant Valley, 12-6 ranked #195 vs
McClymonds, 15-2 and #158 next.

It’s been a minute or three since McClymonds, a legendary old-school powerhouse, has had anything like a strong team…. I have an idea PV will be their sternest test yet.

13-8 PV with 2:08 left in the first. Looks like a bit of a mismatch to me, but ya never know…

Steal and score by Mack, PV coach not thrilled with his kids’ play, calls time. 19-16, 4:50 left in the half.

Mack time out as PV is sneaking back into it…. 3128 Mack, 4:25 left 3rd.

Mack #0 fouled, 2 shots…. misses both.

PV #23 fouled, 2 shots…. makes one…. 40-38 PV.

PV gets a stop…

4:35 to go.

PV loses it over the baseline, 4:19 left…

but a bad pass gives it back to PV.

#23 shot bounces off, but rebound goes out off Mack.

PV #4 banks home a 3…. 43-38.

PV rebound, #33…

#4 drives and scores, Mack calls time after the big turnaround…. 45-38 PV, 2:58 left.

Mack #2 drives, gets a Wilsonburger right back at him…. PV ball.

2:25 left.

Mack rebound, #0 goes all the way, he’s fouled…. Makes one of two. 45-39.

Mack steal…. Corner 3 by #5…. STEAL…. but they throw a pass to a lady in the stands. 46-42, 1:06 left.

Thought I saw 46-42, but it’s 45-42…. Darn these old eyeballs…. Mack has a chance to tie on this possession or pull within 1,,,

Big #42 scores inside off a nice pass. 45-44 PV, time out, 24.4 left.

PV has it on their own end.

Mack fouling away, to get to free throws.

Near-steal, but PV calls time out. Now 20.4 left. Next foul is bonus time.

Mack fouls PV #3. 17.6 left…. first FT no good…. second one missed also…. Mack zooms down court…. 12.8 left. Time out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT