ADVERTISEMENT

State Championship Saturday

Streak One

Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 11, 2003
The boys action gets underway in about 10 minutes with Palma and Harvard-Westlake for the D4 title.

Jack Brusa picks up two fouls in the first two minutes. Big loss for Palma

H-W leads 9-3 with 325 left in Q1. Wolfgang Novogratz has started fast for the Wolverines.

H-W leads 15-7 with 13 seconds left in Q1. Palma is going to struggle scoring today

Jamaree Bouyea is a really good athlete. Anyone know if he does other sports?

H-W leads 35-18 at halftime.

Wolfgang (#44) was ranked as the 26th best senior in SoCal by one of the services down there. That's some serious depth if he is 26

Agree on Bouyea... He's been just about the only bright spot for Palma. Dunno anything else about him, since hoops and horse racing are just about the only sports I have much interest in... And there's no HS horse racing :)

Palma would be a little bit closer if they'd made a few of the many short shots they missed...

#44 can def play at the next level. Little undersized but physically strong and fast. Palma has run into a buzz saw. This HWL team would be a top 5 NorCal team. They are really well coached too

#44 can def play at the next level. Little undersized but physically strong and fast. Palma has run into a buzz saw. This HWL team would be a top 5 NorCal team. They are really well coached too

Top 5 seems high to me. DLS, Modesto Christian, Sacramento, Folsom and Sheldon I think are all better than them. Probably 6-8 with Moreau and St. Francis

Cassius Stanley was supposed to go to Sierra Canyon. That would have been unreal

I know good teams when I see them and these guys can play and are well coached. They don't have great size but they play great together. There league is insane. Pretty sure #3 will be a pro baseball player or hoop. Scary.

Only way Palma would make this one close (10 points) is if they started fast and made some shots (at least would be closer) and not turn the ball over. Palma would have played a perfect game and HW would have played its worst. Turnovers have been a factor as well - some good HW defense but many turnovers have been terrible passing or decisions. Palma shooting has been terrible. Fortunately, they return a good core back next season. They could have used the younger Maker brother on defense who has been out since Serra game. HW is a very good team though. Probably compete with but not as good as St Francis or Serra. Maybe a top 10-12 team in Norcal. Palma lacks shooters. This game got ugly.

"League is insane" is right... H-L went 7-5... Crespi, Alemany, Serra, I think....

Interesting note from Ronnie Flores on twitter: The Mission League will have two state champs (HW and Crespi), but Alemany won the league title. Similar deal to Weston Ranch and Manteca in the VOL.

HW wins 66-49.

Like Wolfgangs game, he definitely brings some east coast physical play to the court. Plus if you needed your house remodeled his parents just might be able to help you out :)

Poly leads Serra 9-6 with 325 left in Q1.

Testa picked up two early fouls for Serra

Poly leads Serra 11-8 end Q1. A lot of feeling out in the first eight minutes

Welcome to California state playoffs in 2016.

Crespi was D4 state champ in 2015. D1 in 2016

Yeah can't figure that enrollment thing
Out. Wilson is the biggest HS kid I've seen in a long time. Just a massive 7 footer. I mean he's thick.

Serra has the game slowed to thepace they want, but they're behind anyway.

Tied at 19 at halftime. Poly relies on Buggs a lot for offense in half court and Serra's giving him tons of attention.

Serra leads 27-21 with 522 left in Q3. Killingsworth has 6 straight points and 11 for the game

Serra leads 32-26 end Q3. Poly doing a better job attacking the rim, but still a Serra type game

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT