ADVERTISEMENT

State Championship Saturday

When Poly can post their bigs, just opens up their offense in half court.

Serra leads Poly 33-30 with 5 minutes left in Q4.

Like to see Killingsworth get some more shots down the stretch

You wonder how "off" these teams are in offensive productivity. I've always thought schools like Serra and DLS have a better chance to dictate tempo than high scoring teams. I have a feeling Chino Hills isn't going to be near the century mark.

Killingsworth has played a very strong game.

Serra leads 43-38 with 40 seconds left.

Poly came in averaging 60 points per game

Brilliant performance by Serra. Is anybody surprised? Just a genius coaching job and execution by gritty kids. Congrats State champs Serra!

Serra wins its first state title with a 48-43 win over Long Beach Poly. Excellent game plan and execution for Padres.

Big night for Killingsworth

Reactions: concrete17
Serra was 15-for-21 from the FT line compared to 2-for-3 for Poly. Aggressiveness won a title for Serra

You wonder how "off" these teams are in offensive productivity. I've always thought schools like Serra and DLS have a better chance to dictate tempo than high scoring teams. I have a feeling Chino Hills isn't going to be near the century mark.
Serra makes most teams off offensively, they play Defense. Rapp is a great coach. Congrats Serra well deserved.

Lee Jones will make some coach somewhere very happy despite his small size...

Side note: Since the last game busted my perfect prediction record, maybe DLS will make me a very happy 10-2. :)

Serra makes most teams off offensively, they play Defense. Rapp is a great coach. Congrats Serra well deserved.
I personally don't like Chuck, but even I can't deny how he gets the most out of his teams. From a devoted Crusader alum; congrats to the Fathers! Well deserved.

DLS doing everything right early.
13-8 with 3:29 left. Chino has no coaching. Throw the ball out and let 3 all Americans do there thing.

De La Salle leads 13-8 with 329 left in Q1. Ratinho starting on Lonzo. Peters is on Liangelo

It's early, but DLS strategy is pretty good so far. Will be interesting to see how long they can bottle up CH offense.

De La Salle showing a lot of confidence in Ratinho and Peters (two fouls) to man up Lonzo and Gelo.

Offensively, they space the floor and let their playmaking and decision making take over.

Chino Hills is on a 10-0 run and lead DLS 21-20 with 426 left in Q2. Ratinho and Peters each have 2 fouls for the Spartans

Totally revisionist history, but there are things DLS does and their personnel that would make the first 13 minutes less of a shock. Two good wing defenders and an ability to space the floor on offense

I can't believe how bad they have DLS scouted. Every team in NorCal plays 5-6 feet off udenyi. Chino is pressing up on him. Playing right into his strengths going to basket. Udenyi looks really solid.

0 for chino is unsung hero. nice player

eric sondheimer ‏@latsondheimer 2m2 minutes ago
"The De La Salle fans have no idea what they are about to see."

It's his point before the game starts we can still hope for the big upset. Will be interesting matchup to see. Hopefully it will be a good game. Looking forward to seeing this matchup.

Sondheimer is such a douche. Talk about a guy who mails it in and never writes anything of substance.

Reactions: concrete17
De La Salle leads 30-28 at halftime. Spartans have to feel good right now. In the lead and still left a few plays out there.

Wonder if Chino will adjust anything or roll the dice with their system

How is Peters still available? Guy looks the part and makes plays on both ends.

One of the Comcast talking heads said that CH never scored less than 39 by half time in any of this season's playoff games . Let's see how half time adjustments go.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT