ADVERTISEMENT

State Championship Saturday

Sierra Canyon is the hands down favorite. Can Never count out Mater Dei. For the North, O'Dowd will be much improved and as usual, Modesto Christian will be lurking.

As for the game plan last night, DLS never had a chance. They played about as well as they could have in the 1st half and Chino played lethargic and selfish. In the 2nd half it was Chino, not the DLS players or Coaching staff. Chino is a superior team plain and simple. Chino has stars, DLS doesn't. Great effort by a group of overachieving DLS players.

Reactions: remc
Heard score of DLS leading at 1/2 time 30-28 on way home & couldn't wait to watch 2nd 1/2. Ummm, 3rd quarter was a disaster for Spartans and totally dominated. Going into the 4th and down big time and DLS still milking the clock & ignoring open 8-10 footers trying to get 2-footers under the basket [I think I've seen 3 DLS shots stuffed underneath in the last couple minutes - ugly]. Hard to figure why coach doesn;t tell them to take the open mid-range shots as nobody on DLS has come close on forced 3's [?].

Same thing I saw: I turned the game on at half with DLS up 30-28 as I was tied up. Thought I'd see a close game, but something must have happened in the locker room as all I saw was Chino Hills domination the entire 2nd half. They sure looked as good as advertised.

We are just fans. There must be a really good reason Peters is still available. Ask a recruiter, Im sure they have the answer. IMO, he struggles at the next level with position. Doesn't shoot it well enough to be a 2G, not quite big enough to be a 3.

I agree with you regarding Peters as a WCC type player. I've watched him a lot and he gets a little lost in big games against good players. Can he play at Sac State? Absolutely. Not sure why something like that hasn't materialized. But he's not a 1 or 2 and sort of physically dominating at the HS level but in college at D1 would be an undersized 3. He has to do have D2 salivating I would think? One thing I like is he plays hard and can defend. That has to land you somewhere....

DLS coach lost that game. Why would you not keep attacking? 2nd half they passed up open lanes and would not drive. Wasted time pulling ball out, but when you break their press you need to attack the basket. 4 of Chino's starting 5 had 2 or 3 fouls each at half. What DLS did in first half they sure did not do it the 2nd half.
Got out coached flat out!
Why stop attacking them?
You had them on way to getting into foul trouble?
Great first half by DLS and the worst 2nd half.
Couldn't agree more. I don't care how many shots that #21 blocked,DLS needed to continue to attack.At the very least they had open 15-17 footer that they refused to shoot.Continuing to attack would have resulted in foul trouble for #21 and might have made it closer.DLS seemed intimidated in the 2nd half.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT