ADVERTISEMENT

State Championships: Day 2

Sierra Canyon leads 30-20 with 337 left in the half. Juju is doing a little bit of everyting for SC

Sierra Canyon leads 41-27 at the half. Mitty has gotten two threes in final seconds of each quarter

This is it for me. Sierra Canyon seems to have the length and athleticism advantage and that can lead to rushing

sure but these Mitty girls are long and athletic too
Look at shot attempts in the paint. Im literally 10 ft from the court. I feel bad for how bad Mitty is playing.

Sierra Canyon leads Mitty 62-45 end Q3. Mitty got it down to 14, but Sierra Canyon knocked down back to back 3s.

Just not enough stops so far for Mitty to mount a real comeback

sure but these Mitty girls are long and athletic too
Look at shot attempts in the paint. Im literally 10 ft from the court. I feel bad for how bad Mitty is playing.
Mitty is long and athletic, but I think the space Sierra Canyon has created when they have the ball and the looks they have gotten have been consistently better. Yes, Mitty has missed some looks they usually make, but I think this is more Sierra Canyon driven than Mitty driven.

SC has had 5-6 wide open layups after breaking the press.

Reactions: Mustange76
Sierra Canyon leads Mitty 62-45 end Q3. Mitty got it down to 14, but Sierra Canyon knocked down back to back 3s.

Just not enough stops so far for Mitty to mount a real comeback
Transition defense got the best of them last 2 minutes. Sierra Canyon hit a few 3's in the ttime.

Too many easy looks. Just missed a layup after a steal.
Sorry that is the theme of this game that will haunt Mitty.

Too many easy looks. Just missed a layup after a steal.
Sorry that is the theme of this game that will haunt Mitty.
From an unbiased perspective it looks like Sierra Canyon is contesting everything. Not giving up the easy three balls and forcing them to make contested layup over long defenders. Knowing you can get swatted also players a part in everything. I want NorCal to win also but Sierra Canyon is battle tested

Watkins’ stat line: 23 points, 19 rebounds, six assists, six blocks, 3 steals. Not too shabby.

Sierra Canyon beats Mitty 85-61. Sierra Canyon sets new Open Division record for points scored and is the first two time Open winner on the girls side

the talent disparity at the top between the North best and South best is striking. Maybe the most 1 sided its ever been. I mean seriously if LCD, Etiwanda and Sierra Canyon played 10 times they'd probably all go 5-5 against each other. I think all 3 teams would have won this game easily.

the talent disparity at the top between the North best and South best is striking. Maybe the most 1 sided its ever been. I mean seriously if LCD, Etiwanda and Sierra Canyon played 10 times they'd probably all go 5-5 against each other. I think all 3 teams would have won this game easily.
Do you think this is a trend going forward or more highlighted this season?

Juju is the truth. I still think Ionescu was a little better. But walkins has a chance to be the number one overall pick in the WNBA draft just like Sabrina was

Never seem a Team miss more easy looks
Easy looks to you because you weren't the one out there getting blocked, out rebounded and having all your shots contested. This wasn't about Mitty having a bad game. They just got beat plain and simple. Mitty hasn't played a team outside of NorCal besides the Hawaii teams this year. They finally ran into a team that hits the gauntlet with the other tough teams. Yes being from NorCal I wanted them to win but they got beat. It wasn't what Mitty didn't do it was what Sierra Canyon did to them. It happens but the NorCal girls fought and I'm proud of them. But stop the excuses please. Makes us looks bad.

Easy looks to you because you weren't the one out there getting blocked, out rebounded and having all your shots contested. This wasn't about Mitty having a bad game. They just got beat plain and simple. Mitty hasn't played a team outside of NorCal besides the Hawaii teams this year. They finally ran into a team that hits the gauntlet with the other tough teams. Yes being from NorCal I wanted them to win but they got beat. It wasn't what Mitty didn't do it was what Sierra Canyon did to them. It happens but the NorCal girls fought and I'm proud of them. But stop the excuses please. Makes us looks bad.
I could care less about Mitty. They aren’t my team and they missed a ton of easy looks. The Game was much closer than the score. I’m just a dude watching a game.

I would ask what kind of talent do our top teams have returning? Cause I'm pretty sure SC will still be loaded and LCD returns their 2 studs. Im not sure about Etiwanda. CLET graduates alot. Same with Salesian and SRV. Mitty has talent from top to bottom and just brings in the next generation to replace the graduates but is it the top end talent that resides in the south? Honestly I don't know that answer, perhaps a Mitty fan can let us know. I know CLET apparently has alot of talent on the JV and Frosh levels (at least according to CLAY). Is their talent on the way up at that level to go toe2toe with Mitty? and potentially 1 of the big dogs in socal? Again I don't know.
I mean there is no one up here that sniffs Juju or either of the LCD girls. Am I wrong? I would have to say at this point its looking like a trend Streak One.

Reactions: Streak One
Mitty of course has talent coming back but they do lose some key seniors. CLet without Lepoli and Epps will be challenging but they have strong coaching. Folsom and Oak Ridge lose alot of talent. San Ramon Valley pretty much lose their entire team. Salesian loses alot of seniors but have solid coaching. SMS only loses one senior and has a load of talent coming back next year. Are we overlooking SMS in NorCal?

Reactions: northbaybbguru
I would ask what kind of talent do our top teams have returning? Cause I'm pretty sure SC will still be loaded and LCD returns their 2 studs. Im not sure about Etiwanda. CLET graduates alot. Same with Salesian and SRV. Mitty has talent from top to bottom and just brings in the next generation to replace the graduates but is it the top end talent that resides in the south? Honestly I don't know that answer, perhaps a Mitty fan can let us know. I know CLET apparently has alot of talent on the JV and Frosh levels (at least according to CLAY). Is their talent on the way up at that level to go toe2toe with Mitty? and potentially 1 of the big dogs in socal? Again I don't know.
I mean there is no one up here that sniffs Juju or either of the LCD girls. Am I wrong? I would have to say at this point its looking like a trend Streak One.
It’s very possible the NorCal open representative next year faces a running clock. You could make a team of the best 2023 players or a NorCal all star team next year and they wouldn’t touch the top teams in SoCal. Top teams next year In no order and obviously forgetting some: Mitty, CLET, Folsom, Salesian will be more than fine, SMS.
Teams returning most if not all their talent that should come into mid tier NorCal D1 ranks: OTech, Moreau, Acalanes, Mcclatchy, Antelope, Cardinal Newman, Piedmont. (Forgetting many feel free to add)
Big Rebuilds: Saint Ignatius, Pinewood, SRV, Valley Christian, Monte Vista, O’Dowd.

Mitty was 22 of 77 from the floor!! They had 77 attempts and I bet 20+ looks from 5ft or less. you are never winning a game Shootings Ike that.

SC was 10 of 20 from 3 ! In the big arena. # 0 was 4-4.
They shot the lights out. She had game of her life.

sorry folks yeah SC is long and athletic but misses around the rim killed Mitty.

But nobody is beating that teams next year. Good lord

Mitty was 22 of 77 from the floor!! They had 77 attempts and I bet 20+ looks from 5ft or less. you are never winning a game Shootings Ike that.

SC was 10 of 20 from 3 ! In the big arena. # 0 was 4-4.
They shot the lights out. She had game of her life.

sorry folks yeah SC is long and athletic but misses around the rim killed Mitty.

But nobody is beating that teams next year. Good lord
Again when you have long defenders contesting your shots and throwing it to the stands that changes things. This is the first tough game Mitty played all season. How did you expect them to react? You can blame it on Mitty all you want but everyone on this thread minus you see what really happened. No offense to Mitty but finally playing a strong team reared its ugly head.

Reactions: AtomicDawg1911
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT