ADVERTISEMENT

State Championships: Day 2

Mitty was 22 of 77 from the floor!! They had 77 attempts and I bet 20+ looks from 5ft or less. you are never winning a game Shootings Ike that.

SC was 10 of 20 from 3 ! In the big arena. # 0 was 4-4.
They shot the lights out. She had game of her life.

sorry folks yeah SC is long and athletic but misses around the rim killed Mitty.

But nobody is beating that teams next year. Good lord
Game of her life? Have you watched Sierra Canyon play this year? Have you seen the teams Sierra Canyon beat this year compared to the teams Mitty beat? New Hope, Valley Vista, Etiwanda, LJCD, They are pretty darn good. Carondelet and Salesian are nowhere near those teams. CLet didn't even play in the top bracket at TOC. This wasn't a one off. We got beat decisively beat fair and square. Stop acting like those misses weren't contested. Im ok admitting that NorCal is behind Socal at the top. Socal is so much bigger in population so it makes sense. If we keep making excuses NorCal will never beat Socal in the open division. I guess every year the SoCal team has the game of their life.

Reactions: AtomicDawg1911
Clearly Sierra Canyon, La Jolla, Etiwanda (all from the south) are the class of California basketball and will remain so for the near future. But this will be a dark site to visit if we're just going to knock our heads against the wall about that for the next year or two. Practically any other region or state in the country would be in the same boat if trying to compare themselves to that standard. Washington, Oregon, Nevada, Arizona celebrate their champions and NorCal should too without becoming depressed that there is a force of nature that exists out there like SC.

Game of her life? Have you watched Sierra Canyon play this year? Have you seen the teams Sierra Canyon beat this year compared to the teams Mitty beat? New Hope, Valley Vista, Etiwanda, LJCD, They are pretty darn good. Carondelet and Salesian are nowhere near those teams. CLet didn't even play in the top bracket at TOC. This wasn't a one off. We got beat decisively beat fair and square. Stop acting like those misses weren't contested. Im ok admitting that NorCal is behind Socal at the top. Socal is so much bigger in population so it makes sense. If we keep making excuses NorCal will never beat Socal in the open division. I guess every year the SoCal team has the game of their life.

oh I’m sorry shooting 100% from 3’s in an nba arena is normal and as a team 50%. Nothing to see here.
I must have been watching a different game. I didn’t see Patrick Ewing and Mutombo sending shots into the stands. I saw shots roll around the rim and miss off rhe backboard. Contested shots certainly. Were they blocked. No. The better team won. We’re they 20+ pts better. No way. I could care less about Mitty or SC as well. I don’t have any affiliation.

Mitty was 22 of 77 from the floor!! They had 77 attempts and I bet 20+ looks from 5ft or less. you are never winning a game Shootings Ike that.

SC was 10 of 20 from 3 ! In the big arena. # 0 was 4-4.
They shot the lights out. She had game of her life.

sorry folks yeah SC is long and athletic but misses around the rim killed Mitty.

But nobody is beating that teams next year. Good lord
Watkins had at least 6 block shots. So while Mitty had many shots around the basket, each was contested and many more altered. Having a shot blocked affects subsequent shots. Give credit to SC.

Would have been interesting to see what kind of team Windward would have been had Watkins not transferred.

Reactions: GBBall4L
oh I’m sorry shooting 100% from 3’s in an nba arena is normal and as a team 50%. Nothing to see here.
I must have been watching a different game. I didn’t see Patrick Ewing and Mutombo sending shots into the stands. I saw shots roll around the rim and miss off rhe backboard. Contested shots certainly. Were they blocked. No. The better team won. We’re they 20+ pts better. No way. I could care less about Mitty or SC as well. I don’t have any affiliation.
It could have easily been 30-35 pts if Mitty didn't fight to keep it from getting out of hand. Props to Mitty for doing a great job of representing NorCal but they are lucky they didn't lose by 35.

Reactions: TheHillZ
They are pretty darn good. Carondelet and Salesian are nowhere near those teams. CLet didn't even play in the top bracket at TOC.
Doesn’t that have more to do with Kelly than how good Carondelet really is? They almost weren’t even in the top bracket in the WCJ too, even though they were the top seed in the NorCal Open.

Reactions: GBBall4L
While there was a talent disparity, that game was not unwinnable for Mitty. It would have taken an excellent effort from them, and a poor one from SC. We got the reverse.

While there was a talent disparity, that game was not unwinnable for Mitty. It would have taken an excellent effort from them, and a poor one from SC. We got the reverse.
I agree with you that it would take a bad game from SC and a great game from Mitty. I disagree with you on how Mitty played because I think they played the best they could have played. They finally played a real tough team and this is what happens when you play tough teams. You really think CLet and San Ramon are on this level? When the competition elevates the games change. Mitty played the best they could have played against this caliber of team. What you are saying is the equivalent of saying a weaker MMA fighter who hasn't fought tough opposition only lost to Anderson Silva or George Rush St Pierre because they had a bad fight. No. the fighter they fought contributed to that bad fight. Until we recognize the facts NorCal gonna keep struggling in the Open. Hopefully our NorCal coaches see the truth and focus their approach based on that. If you think SC played their best game you must not have watched them play. Juju has scored way more on other occasions against tough teams

Last edited:
Reactions: Norcal_Fan
And let's follow up on your "game of her life" comment. Here is a tweet from Feb where the same kid hit her 3rd 3 pointer in one quarter. Still think that was the game of her life?

I agree with you that it would take a bad game from SC and a great game from Mitty. I disagree with you on how Mitty played because I think they played the best they could have played. They finally played a real tough team and this is what happens when you play tough teams. You really think CLet and San Ramon are on this level? When the competition elevates the games change. Mitty played the best they could have played against this caliber of team. What you are saying is the equivalent of saying a weaker MMA fighter who hasn't fought tough opposition only lost to Anderson Silva or George Rush St Pierre because they had a bad fight. No. the fighter they fought contributed to that bad fight. Until we recognize the facts NorCal gonna keep struggling in the Open. Hopefully our NorCal coaches see the truth and focus their approach based on that. If you think SC played their best game you must not have watched them play. Juju has scored way more on other occasions against tough teams
I think NorCal is going to continue to struggle in the Open because the sheer number of players SoCal has at their disposal is massive. Mitty traditionally plays in the top bracket at the West Coach Jamboree and has played in the top bracket at the Tournament of Champions. It wouldn't have mattered who they played in preseason - SC had the best player in the country (potentially) and a roster of high D1 prospects.

I don't understand how the NorCal coaches can change their focus and get different results with the current player inequities.

Reactions: northbaybbguru
Sue because of her connection to the National team and (maybe) Kelly because of his CalStars connection are the best 2 possibilities of putting a team together in the future that could possibly match the talent level we are seeing coming out in Socal recently. And to be honest the CalStars connection to this point hasn't given Kelly that kind of talent, soooo??? Perhaps in the future. Sue has had a couple of great teams and she consistently has good levels of talent so potentially if 1 alpha ( like a Haley Jones type) decided to attend Mitty they could be on the SC level.

In the past SMS would have been an obvious choice to throw in also. Im in wait and see mode if Coach Moreno can get that program back to that level.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT