ADVERTISEMENT

State Championships: Friday Games

PV hanging in there…. 28-20, 3:05 left in the half. Venice is now down to “only” 55% shooting.

PV steal, throwdon… and a T called on the dunker. Venice sinks 1 of 2, the first made FT of the whole game (out of 6).

PV ties it at 33, but Venice comes right back with a 3. PV’s Thomas is fouled, FT’s good…. 36-35 Venice, 4:52 left in 3rd…. Excellent basketball here….

50 apiece now after a quick-release 3 by Venice’s Johnson. Time out, 3:56 left in the game.

Can I have these guys play another one after this is over? Great stuff here…

Reactions: observer22
Yup, that was an “Ernie Banks game”, as in “Let’s play two!”. Do the awards, clear the floor, and go again…

Reactions: hoopisthegame
Well, after the Salesian girls result, the North is 5-0…. Unfortunately, the upcoming Clovis North v. Damien game is likely where the streak will stop. Danien is big, fast, loaded.

But…. Ya never know.

Damien leads 31-20 with 3 mins left in the half. Damien isn’t deep but they have great chemistry in their starting 5

CN is playing hard, to be sure…. But Damien is too much, so far…. Kids sure don’t look like they’ve given up, tho…

33-22 Damien at the half.

No quit in these CN kids…. 56-44. I’m sure impressed by this young team! 4 of 5 starters are underclassmen…

Reactions: ayalar09
Damien wins 65-57. I know I’m preaching to the choir but there is something I really love about that Clovis North team. Those kids are tough! Great season and if amundson grows and adds some weight… look out. That’s a kid who will drop 30 like it’s nothing.
Great day north!
@ayalar09 (nice write up)

Have I sat in the Student Section before? Absolutely. Did I for this game? No.

Look make all the jokes you want. Without the student section Priory doesn’t go 6/15 from the line. We don’t get to states.

I take so much pride in helping build that student section into what it was yesterday and throughout the playoffs.

When I first started going to Hall games maybe a student or two would show up. Now the entire school shows up and the Convent girls too.

Ill conclude with this. As much as I love being a fan, I know a lot about this game. And my knowledge I feel would benefit a lot of kids. Maybe I will get into coaching one day. But for right now, im plenty satisfied being knows as the Stuart Hall super fan.

chris-hansen-have-a-seat-right-there.gif

Have I sat in the Student Section before? Absolutely. Did I for this game? No.

Look make all the jokes you want. Without the student section Priory doesn’t go 6/15 from the line. We don’t get to states.

I take so much pride in helping build that student section into what it was yesterday and throughout the playoffs.

When I first started going to Hall games maybe a student or two would show up. Now the entire school shows up and the Convent girls too.

Ill conclude with this. As much as I love being a fan, I know a lot about this game. And my knowledge I feel would benefit a lot of kids. Maybe I will get into coaching one day. But for right now, im plenty satisfied being knows as the Stuart Hall super fan.
nothing wrong with being a fan. you just shouldnt be sitting with student sections once you graduate from high school.

nothing wrong with being a fan. you just shouldnt be sitting with student sections once you graduate from high school.

It’s all good because most will never experience a State Title. Most will never experience the glory that comes with that. With victory. Some people are Bitter. Others express themselves in other ways.

as the great Ric Flair said….”but wait…I’m not finished floating!”

Stuart Hall is the premier program in SF. You can all say SI and Uni and blah blah blah….where are their state championships? Oh wait that’s right they either don’t exist or were won in the stone ages.

Other teams recruit. Stuart Hall does zero recruiting. Our coach gets a group of guys and has to work with them. Doesn’t get to hand pick his teams like some others do in the city.

This Hall team will live in infamy. They get to say “we won the 1st state title.” The fact that you ankle, or anyone else would take that away from them, just shows where your true colors lie.

Enjoy watching us celebrate all over the news and city over the next week.

Once again the ONLY Bay Area boys team that took home a State Title!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It’s all good because most will never experience a State Title. Most will never experience the glory that comes with that. With victory. Some people are Bitter. Others express themselves in other ways.

Stuart Hall is the premier program in SF. You can all say SI and Uni and blah blah blah….where are their state championships? Oh wait that’s right they either don’t exist or were won in the stone ages.

Other teams recruit. Stuart Hall does zero recruiting. Our coach gets a group of guys and has to work with them. Doesn’t get to hand pick his teams like some others do in the city.

This Hall team will live in infamy. They get to say “we won the 1st state title.” The fact that you ankle, or anyone else would take that away from them, just shows where your true colors lie.

Once again the ONLY Bay Area boys team that took home a State Title!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You missed the point bucko.

You missed the point bucko.
Agree 100 percent then he takes a shot at one team that dominated them all year long who has been to state 5 actual times but unfortunately had to play the elite from the south including the games I saw, Montclair Prep, Price, and Sierra Canyon.

But the good news is once you win state no doubt one wants to defend it again. Hopefully their is a step up on pre season scheduling and not the Aragon, Hillsdale, and The Bay School. Hopefully they keep the SHCP, Lincoln, Justin Sienna, and load up a tad more so the games with University are much more competitive.

On that note Ayalar coaching is one of the best feelings ever. Much tougher these days as parents are so much more difficult. But it is a great experience, I fully advise anyone with passion such as yours to give it a shot.

Lastly it sounds like the head coach is very good no doubt. Why not get the school to provide a few more scholarships to athletes and really build. A state title does carry weight, don’t see why they wouldn’t push some to land kids being it is private plus you can’t beat the education.

Reactions: ayalar09
Agree 100 percent then he takes a shot at one team that dominated them all year long who has been to state 5 actual times but unfortunately had to play the elite from the south including the games I saw, Montclair Prep, Price, and Sierra Canyon.

But the good news is once you win state no doubt one wants to defend it again. Hopefully their is a step up on pre season scheduling and not the Aragon, Hillsdale, and The Bay School. Hopefully they keep the SHCP, Lincoln, Justin Sienna, and load up a tad more so the games with University are much more competitive.

On that note Ayalar coaching is one of the best feelings ever. Much tougher these days as parents are so much more difficult. But it is a great experience, I fully advise anyone with passion such as yours to give it a shot.

Lastly it sounds like the head coach is very good no doubt. Why not get the school to provide a few more scholarships to athletes and really build. A state title does carry weight, don’t see why they wouldn’t push some to land kids being it is private plus you can’t beat the education.

The school is 250 kids. I know it looks like we are this rich school on the outside, but we’ve struggled to keep the school open at points. There was a point I want to say 5-6 years ago that the school almost shut down.

When it comes to coaching, trust me, I’ve thought about it. I would need to hang up my “fandom” belt in order for that to happen. While I love basketball, when it comes to intimate knowledge of the sport, baseball, particularly hitting is my speciality.

I understand your point ankle. This competitive equity model is kind of nuts. It’s kind of like a lottery, when the 3rd and 4th best team in divisions like the BCL West win State titles. Meanwhile, the other teams are kind of punished for being better.

A State title is a State title. Those kids get to go around the rest of their lives with rings and the ability to say they were State Champions.

Few if ever, do kids from San Francisco ever get to say that!

Zero recruiting / not hand picked team - what exactly would you call the Bay City pipeline if not recruiting? Just a coincidence that Miles Amos, Nigel Burris, et al. show up at Octavia St. their freshman years? It's not like they turn a bunch of private school scrubs w/ limited AAU experience in ballers.

I respect the program especially not being afraid to play and often beat the SF-based WCAL teams. Charley has built a heck of a program BUT let's not make it out to be what it isn't.

Sure they have a state championship banner to hang in the Dungeon but this team wouldn't stay w/i 20 points of those Armani Collins, Milos Amos or Nigel Burris led teams. This is my problem with the competitive equity system in a nutshell. Privates - I don't care how small their enrollments are OR large publics for that matter should NEVER be put into lower divisions.

Reactions: HSWIZARD73
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT