ADVERTISEMENT

Tonight's Playoff scores

JT Daniels as a pro? Lets give him a few more years at USC to see. As I said before, let the star players at Folsom first go to college before declaring them as pros. remember that Joe Ngata was shut down by a DLS defensive back that no one ever heard of.

He was 37-51 against #3 team in country for 350 yards and set a USC record for most completions in a game. Yeah I'm going out a on limb and saying he's a pro. Oh, he's 18. If you told me browning was a pro today I would probably argue he won't be. Maybe to have on team as another coach but sadly he doesn't have the physical tools. Ian Book on the other hand has worked himself into an NFL prospect.

Calling a rare HS kid a pro in this day and age is a compliment. Its like when I played against JKIDD in HS. He was a pro. Everybody knew it. Watching Shaq Thompson and Lance Briggs the same thing. Ngata is that good. Jay Butterfield from Liberty has the tools at QB. If you can't see it that isn't my issue.

Reactions: Kickingtee18
JT Daniels as a pro? Lets give him a few more years at USC to see. As I said before, let the star players at Folsom first go to college before declaring them as pros. remember that Joe Ngata was shut down by a DLS defensive back that no one ever heard of.

Declaring any HS kid a pro is nothing more than a guess I agree 100%. Being a stud in HS is a bid difference than being one in college, and it’s a whole other world making the pro’s.

Reactions: Sacchiefs
He was 37-51 against #3 team in country for 350 yards and set a USC record for most completions in a game. Yeah I'm going out a on limb and saying he's a pro.[/QUOTE

He also completes less than 60% of his attempts has 14 TDS vs 10 INTS which aren’t good numbers. But yeah some team will take a flyer on him because of the position he plays and teams are always looking for that franchise QB. It’s not going out on a limb it’s the nature of the league and position. USC also has a history of sending guys at that position to the league who are busts.

100 % True, 2 of those 8 could of started on JV.

I buy it, it just really bothers me this is becoming so pervasive.

A program that just got knocked out of the playoffs Friday night has done this in the past couple of years ago. We shall see if it produces fruit for the parents, who think a scholarship is the reward for their decision to cheat, the season after next.

Last edited:
Been watching HS football in the SJS and SFL since the 1990's and I have no idea what you are talking about. Hyping this team up? Have you seen Folsom play? They are that good. I have no skin in the game. Don't have kids there but I can appreciate a great team. Better yet a dynasty. As for the SJS.... way down. Don't really buy that either. Central Catholic has been a powerhouse for a long time. That isn't changing. Capital Christian finally got a great coach. They will be a power for years to come if Taylor stays. I don't see any sizable shift you are talking about .

I've been watching SJS football for a long time and have seen this Folsom team play several times. They are not the most talented roster that I've seen in the SJS. They dont even have one dominant player.....

Folsoms preseason schedule, with the exception of De la Salle, was garbage. Especially given the talent that they had coming back. They didnt challenge themselves. They dont know how good they are and they never will know how good they are because they havent beaten anybody worth mentioning. In California, there are 4 teams that sit on top. MD, Bosco, DLS, and Centennial. With Folsoms roster, they should have scheduled at least one of SoCal's Big 3.

The SJS is changing and it has fallen off. Grant has fallen off, Elk Grove has fallen off, the SFL has lost a few legendary coaches, Capital and CenCath are now attracting a lot of talent. Some of the best players in the Section are now playing at small private schools. The Landscape is changing.

Last edited:
I've been watching SJS football for a long time and have seen this Folsom team play several times. They are not the most talented roster that I've seen in the SJS. They dont even have one dominate player.....

Folsoms preseason schedule, with the exception of De la Salle, was garbage. Especially given the talent that they had coming back. They didnt challenge themselves. They dont know how good they are and they never will know how good they are because they havent beaten anybody worth mentioning. In California, there are 4 teams that sit on top. MD, Bosco, DLS, and Centennial. With Folsoms roster, they should have scheduled at least one of SoCal's Big 3.

The SJS is changing and it has fallen off. Grant has fallen off, Elk Grove has fallen off, the SFL has lost a few legendary coaches, Capital and CenCath are now attracting a lot of talent. Some of the best players in the Section are now playing at small private schools. The Landscape is changing.

Folsom doesn't have a dominant player? You've lost all credibility buddy. Might be the dumbest thing I've heard on hear since I've been a member. Not arguing with stupid anymore.

Reactions: FormerD1Backer
I buy it, it just really bothers me this is becoming so pervasive.

A program that just got knocked out of the playoffs Friday night has done this in the past couple of years ago. We shall see if it produces fruit for the parents, who think a scholarship is the reward for their decision to cheat, the season after next.

That is really too bad to hear. The reality is most of these kids will never play college football at any level. They will be awkward 19 year olds on HS campus senior year. If you are an elite type talent it doesn't matter. Schools will find you and RS you as a frosh. Now you will be a 24-25 year old player in college. Might work in provo, utah but nowhere else.

Reactions: RidgeRider
Rmbr26 said:
While you don't know until the actual game is played I posted prior that all the stats pointed to a mismatch with Carmel rolling. Gonzales schedule was ultra-weak compared to Carmel's...

Anyone with a brain had Carmel winning pretty easily.
122 thehookup55, Yesterday at 8:47 PM
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Rmbr26 said:
I had a few posts on different threads relating to both teams undefeated records & although Gonzales had a much weaker schedule it is often difficult to judge such a team since they simply haven't lost to anyone.

So question for hookup55 - am curious as to what your prediction was prior to the game as to the winner & what the score would be? I don't follow either of these teams as unfamiliar with them, but sounds like you do. What did you foresee prior to the game & did you post?

Rmbr26 said:
While you don't know until the actual game is played I posted prior that all the stats pointed to a mismatch with Carmel rolling. Gonzales schedule was ultra-weak compared to Carmel's...

122 thehookup55, Yesterday at 8:47 PM
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Rmbr26 said:
I had a few posts on different threads relating to both teams undefeated records & although Gonzales had a much weaker schedule it is often difficult to judge such a team since they simply haven't lost to anyone.

So question for hookup55 - am curious as to what your prediction was prior to the game as to the winner & what the score would be? I don't follow either of these teams as unfamiliar with them, but sounds like you do. What did you foresee prior to the game & did you post?

“I think Carmel wins pretty easily. Gonzales had a great year and is an improving program but they aren’t there yet. I’ll go Carmel 42-Gonzales 24”

It was even easier for them then I thought. Carmel went for the kill. I figured they would take their foot off the gas a little sooner then they did.

DLS played the entire game with a safety over the top of Ngata. If they didn’t ngata would have had a monster game. Where DLS impressed was in stopping an underrated Folsom run game with a 5 man box. That’s what having 4/5 star guys at middle line backer and defensive end will do for you. Ngata is a special talent. Would love to see him against Ricks of MD. Not sure if there is a dB in Norcal who can cover him one on one.

DLS played the entire game with a safety over the top of Ngata. If they didn’t ngata would have had a monster game.

So what you’re basically saying is Ngata is not that special then because special players see and beat this coverage all the time.

Sigh. Not talking in reference to MT or for that matter Folsom. Talking about the boogie man of NorCal HS football, and how people/teams lose that game before they ever step on the field. Used the MD game only as a example because many people didn’t give them a shot after they were beat down earlier. You can use whatever game suits you like CV over Pitt or Ant over CV point is teams lose to DLS more often than not before the coin flip. That’s the point, and they use excuses to deflect why they lost. It gets very tiresome. I hope liberty beats DLS in all honesty but does Liberty really hope they win that game?
I understood your point in the beggining, but the example you gave, I feel took away from your point, since we must definitely run in different circles if your saying most thought MD didnt stand a chance. Most people I know who follow HS football prediction a close game second time around.

Nevertheless, no need to further explain as I agree with you to a point on the intimidation factor, but I dont believe that to be the case with all the NorCal schools they face. Unfortunately I do think this happens more often with NCS schools though

Nevertheless, no need to further explain as I agree with you to a point on the intimidation factor, but I dont believe that to be the case with all the NorCal schools they face. Unfortunately I do think this happens more often with NCS schools though

While it may not be all which there are exceptions to everything it’s enough to allow a undefeated streak of how long? The other just wilt once they get punched in the mouth.

Folsom doesn't have a dominant player? You've lost all credibility buddy. Might be the dumbest thing I've heard on hear since I've been a member. Not arguing with stupid anymore.

From what I saw, against De la Salle, Folsom didnt have a dominant player on either side of the ball. They didn't have one player who stood out on the big stage. No one stood out to me...They didnt play well against a team that had comparable athletes. Sure, they beat up on the SJS teams, but that was to be expected.

How does an offense with this much fire power, get shut out? An offense with a Clemson commit WR, a Boise State commit QB and two highly recruited juniors should have no problem scoring points. They struggled all night. I didnt see one dominant player on Folsom's sideline. Dont get me wrong, the Ngata brothers, Badger, and Bennet are a talented bunch. But none of these kids stood out against De la Salle.

Who would you consider to be a dominant player?

Reactions: THEOC89
Jesuit, Antelope & Chaminade are not garbage programs!!
Maybe I was a little harsh...these teams were no match for Folsom...a preseason schedule of Jesuit, Antelope, and Chaminade is not challenging for a nationally ranked team like Folsom. These games were over before they started.

Look at Chaminades schedule. They faced Bosco, Oaks Christian's twice, and Folsom.

Im curious, what are the concerns related to holding a kid back a grade in school? Some feel its wrong and im just curious why someone would be opposed to a parent electing to do what they feel maybe best for their child. The cif elgibility by laws arent being broken or they wouldnt be allowed to participate. And do those same concerns apply to students who wish to graduate early or take advantage of dual enrollment?

Last edited:
Im curious, what are the concerns related to holding a kid back a grade in school? Some feel its wrong and im just curious why someone would be opposed to a parent electing to do what they feel maybe best for their child. The cif elgibility by laws arent being broken or they wouldnt be allowed to participate. And do those same concerns apply to students who wish to graduate early or take advantage of dual enrollment?

I think most people are concerned with the kids who are held back by ther parents for sports reasons only. So Johnny can be older and more mature than everyone else and earn a scholarship. More often than not, the other kids catch up and college coaches who are looking for potential can see through it.

If there are true emotional or scholastic reasons, and Johnny would have been held back regardless of whether he played sports or not, I think most (or at least many) people would say that’s fine.

People are concerned about 19 year olds playing high school sports when they are seniors and whether they should be eligible, but there are rules in place so that 20 year old kids aren't lining up against 16 year olds.

When 8 (or whatever the actual number is) kids at a time are being held back at one school, it looks like there is a concerted effort by parents to try to control and game the system.

Reactions: Sacchiefs
BigManno8 said:
From what I saw, against De la Salle, Folsom didnt have a dominant player on either side of the ball. They didn't have one player who stood out on the big stage. No one stood out to me...They didnt play well against a team that had comparable athletes. Sure, they beat up on the SJS teams, but that was to be expected.

How does an offense with this much fire power, get shut out? An offense with a Clemson commit WR, a Boise State commit QB and two highly recruited juniors should have no problem scoring points. They struggled all night. I didnt see one dominant player on Folsom's sideline. Dont get me wrong, the Ngata brothers, Badger, and Bennet are a talented bunch. But none of these kids stood out against De la Salle.

I do understand what BigMann08 is saying and agree to a point. While both DLS & Folsom have had many blow-outs the true measuring stick was these 2 teams playing each other. Rather than a display of Folsom's offensive firepower it was all about 2 superb defenses and there did not appear to be any dominant player of offense in the 14-0 DLS win.

In another post I mentioned a game between St. Francis of the WCAL & Folsom would be an entertaining game. St. Francis lost to DLS 33-15 while Folsom was shut-out 14-0. SF not known to be an offensive juggernaut since had a change in QB due to injury and seems to be better now than earlier in season. In the SF-DLS game the player that stood out to me was SF's Evan Williams who had both TD's on pass receptions. SF's Evan Williams & Maurice Wilmar both play both ways as DB's & WR's and were early season college commits. I have yet to see a DB this season that could cover SF's Evan Williams including against the Spartans. After all Evan Williams caught 2 TD's vs DLS while Folsom's WR's came up empty. Thoughts?

BigManno8 said:

I do understand what BigMann08 is saying and agree to a point. While both DLS & Folsom have had many blow-outs the true measuring stick was these 2 teams playing each other. Rather than a display of Folsom's offensive firepower it was all about 2 superb defenses and there did not appear to be any dominant player of offense in the 14-0 DLS win.

In another post I mentioned a game between St. Francis of the WCAL & Folsom would be an entertaining game. St. Francis lost to DLS 33-15 while Folsom was shut-out 14-0. SF not known to be an offensive juggernaut since had a change in QB due to injury and seems to be better now than earlier in season. In the SF-DLS game the player that stood out to me was SF's Evan Williams who had both TD's on pass receptions. SF's Evan Williams & Maurice Wilmar both play both ways as DB's & WR's and were early season college commits. I have yet to see a DB this season that could cover SF's Evan Williams including against the Spartans. After all Evan Williams caught 2 TD's vs DLS while Folsom's WR's came up empty. Thoughts?
Evan Williams is a special talent. Aside from his acrobatic TDs, he also had an INT and fumble recovery in that DLS game. He has not committed and, interestingly enough - similar to his brother, Bennett - he is oddly underrecruited.

I am not sure how you put Liberty as Nor Cal # 2...no one on their right mind would state that...Folsom is ranked as high as 16 nationally, #5 in state..lost to DLS in concord only 14 - 0 in first game with 5 turnovers, 1 in which a bad ref call was made on 1 yrd line of dls and had folsom scored they would have been up 7 - 0..total momentum changer....folsom beat chaminade by the same difference that sjb beat them and folsom travelled to So Cal to play...the only two nor cal teams who could match up with md is dls and folsom..these teams are at a very different level than rest of nor cal...if dls and folsom were in a rematch i would take folsom...but game would be close...even if liberty beatd dls, calhisports is suggesting folsom gets the nod because they would match up better with MD.....if liberty loses and gets nod to face folsom in d1aa (and not central)...folsom will beat liberty handily - by at least close to 21 or more...not to discount liberty and i hope they beat dls but there is no sane argument to make that liberty is nor cal 2
@Jfoyosoul Maybe I'm completely wrong, but after I read the post that prompted you to respond with the above post I thought it was meant to get a rise from the Folsom side. It's no secret there has been plenty of bantering between this poster and the Folsom guys.

I find it hard to believe anyone who follows HS football does not have Folsom at least at number 2 in NorCal. I admit other than DLS, Folsom doesn't have any other team on their schedule that was at DLS' caliber, but other than DLS, no other team in NorCal I feel can claim a tougher schedule than Folsom. It might not have been an elite schedule, but it wasnt exactly pocket change either. Most all teams Folsom played this year were good quality teams. Liberty had some decent teams as well, but other than DLS, Folsom was clearly on a different level compared to the teams they faced. I can't say I have the same feeling when discussing Liberty.

Last edited:
[QUOTE="Danigyrl, post: 218081, member: 4370"]Evan Williams is a special talent. Aside from his acrobatic TDs, he also had an INT and fumble recovery in that DLS game. He has not committed and, interestingly enough - similar to his brother, Bennett - he is oddly underrecruited.[/QUOTE]

Ineteresting as thought I'd read earlier in year he had committed to a school[?]. Oh well, may be he "decommitted" as HS athletes are prone to do these days esp when they decide a little too early on. Either way thanks for the correction Danigyrl.

I did just look up & Evan Williams has had offers from Air Force, Columbia, Princeton, Montana State & UC Davis. Perhaps those are not on his list of desired schools/teams. Anyone out there familiar with the Williams brothers Bennett & Evan have any idea how the 2 rated vs each other in HS?

I think most people are concerned with the kids who are held back by ther parents for sports reasons only. So Johnny can be older and more mature than everyone else and earn a scholarship. More often than not, the other kids catch up and college coaches who are looking for potential can see through it.

If there are true emotional or scholastic reasons, and Johnny would have been held back regardless of whether he played sports or not, I think most (or at least many) people would say that’s fine.

People are concerned about 19 year olds playing high school sports when they are seniors and whether they should be eligible, but there are rules in place so that 20 year old kids aren't lining up against 16 year olds.

When 8 (or whatever the actual number is) kids at a time are being held back at one school, it looks like there is a concerted effort by parents to try to control and game the system.

Observer22, thx for the response and i hear ya on why some would not like it because of athletic reasons but it still doesnt break any cif by laws. Now a days these kids have many options available to them in order to improve there so called stock at earning a scholarship; camps, personal trainers, transfer to a better program, 7 on 7 passing leagues, flag football, run track, attend yoga/aerobics/dance class, hire a nutritionist, hire a videographer, surgery, hire a publicise, and yes even being held back a year in school to name a few. Pretty crazy to me what some people are willingly to do but my experience with working with kids the past 18 years is that they constantly try and push boundaries with everything and their seems to be a lot of entitlement issues. I am suprised tho that there are 8 student-athletes being held back by their parents at oak ridge. Makes me question if some of these parents had enough of losing to you know who and decided to find a niche to exploit that would help balance out the fact that they dont have open enrollment. Idk i could be way off on this one but with recent complaints from sfl coaches im sure some of that frustration trickled down to the parents.

@Rmbr26

Good points. The De la Salle game was a measuring stick for Folsom. Their offense didnt live up to the hype and their stars didnt shine bright.

De la Salles linebacker and DE were very dominant in that game. I look forward to seeing how DLS fairs against MD.

For all of the hype that I heard about Folsoms offense, I expected to see them make plays against De la Salles defense.

Folsom has two receivers and a running back that are power 5 conference (SEC, Pac 12, ACC, Big 12, Big Ten) recruits. They also have a qb that is headed to Boise State...

I expected to see fireworks. DLS was even shocked that they shut Folsom out. Folsoms playmakers got shut down.

I havent seen SFs William's play this season. I will have to check him out on hudl.

@Rmbr26

I look forward to seeing how DLS fairs against MD.
I'm pretty sure MD is going to dominate and win by 2 scores. I will be surprised, but very pleased, if DLS can shut down the MD offense. The game could end up being a defensive battle.

No other team but DLS can claim a tougher schedule than Folsom? The only really good team Folsom played was DLS. Del oro is okay, but no one else on Folsom's schedule is very good.I think St. Francis has had an overall tougher schedule than Folsom. At least St. Francis scored 14 points against DLS.

Reactions: THEOC89
That is really too bad to hear. The reality is most of these kids will never play college football at any level. They will be awkward 19 year olds on HS campus senior year. If you are an elite type talent it doesn't matter. Schools will find you and RS you as a frosh. Now you will be a 24-25 year old player in college. Might work in provo, utah but nowhere else.
That is true. Right now my nephews are studs in Hs, with pretty girlfriends. I get worried about the long haul of football dreams. It many 21 year olds are willing for the dream to play out. They’re going to want to date some established older guys. I guess this principle applies to most young men but the contrast of status from high school to early twenties without a job as a football player is huge. Good luck to all the ballers and that they find happiness in the future with or without football.

I am not sure how you put Liberty as Nor Cal # 2...no one on their right mind would state that...Folsom is ranked as high as 16 nationally, #5 in state..lost to DLS in concord only 14 - 0 in first game with 5 turnovers, 1 in which a bad ref call was made on 1 yrd line of dls and had folsom scored they would have been up 7 - 0..total momentum changer....folsom beat chaminade by the same difference that sjb beat them and folsom travelled to So Cal to play...the only two nor cal teams who could match up with md is dls and folsom..these teams are at a very different level than rest of nor cal...if dls and folsom were in a rematch i would take folsom...but game would be close...even if liberty beatd dls, calhisports is suggesting folsom gets the nod because they would match up better with MD.....if liberty loses and gets nod to face folsom in d1aa (and not central)...folsom will beat liberty handily - by at least close to 21 or more...not to discount liberty and i hope they beat dls but there is no sane argument to make that liberty is nor cal 2

Because Liberty Beat Cardinal Newman, CVC, and PITT, They Scored More Points against Common Opponent Rocklin so they have as good a Resume as Folsom does to be #2 in Nor Cal.

If Liberty Beats DLS they Go to the Open, Folsom has no argument because they lost to DLS. Folsom will Play Central in the D 1-AA Game because CIF will want to undefeated section Champions playing each other.

Why do you think Folsom would beat Liberty so handily? Liberty has a great QB solid Defense and great Skill Players. Folsom couldn't score against DLS, to me Folsom doesn't have any better argument to be #2 in Nor Cal then does Liberty.

Now had Folsom Scheduled a Team Like Bishop Gorman, Mission Viejo or Corona Centennial and beat them then Folsom would be the Clear #2 in Nor Cal.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT