ADVERTISEMENT

Top EBAL teams square off this week

If De La Salle can pick up those two wins, I might have no choice, but to put them in my top 5.

Plus DLS plays what I’m assuming is another tough game at their MLK Classic at SMC Monday vs Central Catholic of Portland (7-3 with two 13 point losses to Mater Dei & Bishop Gorman). And Dublin faces a possible NorCal Open team in Modesto Christian in the very next game.

Last edited:
Reactions: DonniePeckerwood
I have DELA beating Doughtery.
Too much size on Dela
Doughtery has the best 3 guards in the section

San Ramon beats Cal by 14 although tough to play at Cal

Dublin at Granada-Granada will hang around for a little bit. Dublin too many shooters. Granada has shooters but not quite enough. Dublin by 6

Foothill gets their first win after a challenging schedule.

Monte Vista rebounds from loss vs Doughtery and beats Amador . . MV and Rutchena take over .

Too much size on Dela

Dublin at Granada-Granada will hang around for a little bit. Dublin too many shooters. Granada has shooters but not quite enough. Dublin by 6

Monte Vista rebounds from loss vs Doughtery and beats Amador . . MV and Rutchena take over .
best 3 guards in the section??!?!? besides Beasley who else?

best 3 guards in the section??!?!? besides Beasley who else?

They've got the 2 Beasleys and the 2 Sevillas. A very strong guard mix without much height. It’s enough to beat most teams, but DLS has some serious height advantages they should be able to exploit.

Too much size on Dela

Granada is up 32-22 at the half. Dublin looks a little frazzled.

Wow, some surprising scores in the EBAL tonight. Mighty DLS & Dublin both go down.

SRV beat Cal 84-38.

Dougherty now the only undefeated team in EBAL play at 4-0, but they were down 6 to SRV with a minute to play last week and pulled it out by a point.

Wow, some surprising scores in the EBAL tonight. Mighty DLS & Dublin both go down.

SRV beat Cal 84-38.

Dougherty now the only undefeated team in EBAL play at 4-0, but they were down 6 to SRV with a minute to play last week and pulled it out by a point.
DV was down 11 to Granada with 2 to go in the 3rd last week before they got serious on defense and pulled away in the fourth

They've got the 2 Beasleys and the 2 Sevillas. A very strong guard mix without much height. It’s enough to beat most teams, but DLS has some serious height advantages they should be able to exploit.
those guys might be 6'0... that aint it chief

I wouldn't go that far as to make them the team to beat but when they are making shots they are tough. nobody was going undefeated in that league still way early in
league play but DV, dela, and dublin will
definitely have some high intense games with each other.

Reactions: EBALISBEAST
I wouldn't go that far as to make them the team to beat but when they are making shots they are tough. nobody was going undefeated in that league still way early in
league play but DV, dela, and dublin will
definitely have some high intense games with each other.
Granada played both Dublin and DV tough...consistency seems to be their achilles heal, yet Granada can screw up a top contenders chance to advance. The team that deals with adversity the best will emerge with a League Title and a Good shot at NorCal and a shooters chance at State!

From Togos:

Too much size on Dela

Final DV 71 - DLS 65

Final SRV 84 Cal 38

Final Granada 55 Dublin 53

Final Foothill 76 Livermore 19

Final AV 45 MV 38

This shows just how unpredictable the EBAL is. DLS now travels to Dublin Friday, and one of those 2 juggernauts is going to be riding a 2 game losing streak into their MLK battle on Monday.

My prediction is Dublin beats de la salle by 25 to 30 tonight and then de la salle turns around and beats dublin by 5 or 6 in the playoffs. Almost like we've all seen this movie before!

Granada 62-25 over Livermore. If my math is right, Livermore has lost 75 straight EBAL games. You gotta feel for those kids.

If I remember correctly, they also had about a 10 year EBAL losing streak of over 100 games before knocking off Granada about 10 or 12 years ago. It’s a good thing they got those 4 non-league victories. Their best and perhaps only chance at a win this year comes Tuesday when they host Cal High (9-9, 0-5). Both teams will be fighting hard in that one.

EBAL slate for Wed. 1/22, 7:00

DV @ AV
Cal @ Livermore
Dublin @ SRV
DLS @ MV
Foothill @ Granada

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT