ADVERTISEMENT

Top EBAL teams square off this week

Even with the Granada loss tonight, Tuesday’s Dublin-Granada game is still for the EBAL Valley championship. Dublin has a 1-game lead, but since Granada won the first meeting they win the tiebreaker.

Reactions: DonniePeckerwood
EBAL STANDINGS 2/8

EBAL Valley
Dublin 19-5, 8-3
Granada 20-4, 7-4
Amador Valley 15-9, 6-5
Foothill 13-11, 3-8
Livermore 4-18, 0-11

EBAL Mountain
x Dougherty Valley 22-2, 11-0
San Ramon Valley 17-7, 7-4
De La Salle 17-7, 7-4
Monte Vista 13-11, 5-6
California 10-14, 1-10

x = Clinched Mountain Division Title

EBAL STANDINGS 2/8

EBAL Valley
Dublin 19-5, 8-3
Granada 20-4, 7-4
Amador Valley 15-9, 6-5
Foothill 13-11, 3-8
Livermore 4-18, 0-11

EBAL Mountain
x
Dougherty Valley 22-2, 11-0
San Ramon Valley 17-7, 7-4
De La Salle 17-7, 7-4
Monte Vista 13-11, 5-6
California 10-14, 1-10

x = Clinched Mountain Division Title

Tuesday 2/11 EBAL Slate:

Granada @ Dublin - This one is for all the marbles in the EBAL Valley division. The winner moves on to face Dougherty Valley in the EBAL championship Saturday night. Right now, Dublin holds a 1-game lead over the Mats, but Granada won the first game 55-53 a month ago and should they win this one, they would hold the tiebreaker. Since Granada's final game is against a Livermore team that has an 80+ game EBAL losing streak, the Gaels do not want to have to bank on a Livermore upset. Dublin comes into this one red hot, having won their last 5 games by at least 15 points. Granada on the other hand just lost on Friday to Amador Valley, and will need to regroup and catch some of that magic they had in their last meeting with the Gaels. Should Dublin win this game, then Thursday night's league game against Dougherty Valley will be relegated to a little more than just a glorified practice, as the two teams will be playing again the following night for the EBAL title. Dublin by 8.

Dougherty Valley @ DLS - While the Wildcats have already clinched the EBAL Mountain title and the Spartans have been eliminated from the EBAL race, DLS would like nothing more than knocking DV from the undefeated ranks in EBAL play as they get ready for the NCS playoffs next week. DV won the first meeting 71-65 a month ago and would seem to be the favorite here, but DLS is always tough at home and they'll be lying in wait for the Wildcats Tuesday night. DLS by 6.

Monte Vista @ Cal - The Mustangs are smarting after 4 straight EBAL losses, but are ready to turn that around with games against the Grizz and their arch rival SRV this week, as they get ready for the NCS playoffs next week. MV won the first meeting last month 80-68. MV by 16.

Amador Valley @ SRV - Both teams come into this one looking to add to their NCS resumes, as they've both been eliminated from the EBAL race and aren't likely to gain NCS Open bids. The Dons come into this one fresh off their 2nd "upset" of Granada, while SRV was riding high with a 5-game winning streak before being taken down by Dougherty Valley Friday night. SRV by 8.

Foothill @ Livermore - The Falcons qualified for an NCS D1 playoff berth with their win over Cal on Friday, and look to add to Livermore's EBAL woes with a victory on the Cowboy's senior night. Foothill won the first meeting 76-19. Foothill by 30+.

Last edited:
With the NCS playoffs set to begin next week, tonight’s games have increased significance for seedings and who gets into the Open.

Open - It seems as if Salesian, BOD, Campo & Dougherty Valley have already punched their tickets. Dublin or Granada can make their case with a win and EBAL Valley title tonight.

That would leave 1 spot in the 6 team Open field, and it’s likely to come from the EBAL. If Dublin wins and DLS can beat Dougherty Valley tonight, DLS would certainly have a strong case with wins over both EBAL division winners and they’ve got a strong overall resume.

But if Granada were to beat Dublin again and DLS loses to DV tonight, the Mats would be EBAL Valley champs at 22-4 with some impressive wins over DLS & Dublin twice and would be tough to leave out of the Open. Then Thursday’s DV @ Dublin game could take on some additional significance as Dublin would have another chance to state their case for the last Open spot.

Tuesday 2/11 EBAL Slate:

Granada @ Dublin - This one is for all the marbles in the EBAL Valley division. The winner moves on to face Dougherty Valley in the EBAL championship Saturday night. Right now, Dublin holds a 1-game lead over the Mats, but Granada won the first game 55-53 a month ago and should they win this one, they would hold the tiebreaker. Since Granada's final game is against a Livermore team that has an 80+ game EBAL losing streak, the Gaels do not want to have to bank on a Livermore upset. Dublin comes into this one red hot, having won their last 5 games by at least 15 points. Granada on the other hand just lost on Friday to Amador Valley, and will need to regroup and catch some of that magic they had in their last meeting with the Gaels. Should Dublin win this game, then Thursday night's league game against Dougherty Valley will be relegated to a little more than just a glorified practice, as the two teams will be playing again the following night for the EBAL title. Dublin by 8.

Dougherty Valley @ DLS - While the Wildcats have already clinched the EBAL Mountain title and the Spartans have been eliminated from the EBAL race, DLS would like nothing more than knocking DV from the undefeated ranks in EBAL play as they get ready for the NCS playoffs next week. DV won the first meeting 71-65 a month ago and would seem to be the favorite here, but DLS is always tough at home and they'll be lying in wait for the Wildcats Tuesday night. DLS by 6.

Monte Vista @ Cal - The Mustangs are smarting after 4 straight EBAL losses, but are ready to turn that around with games against the Grizz and their arch rival SRV this week, as they get ready for the NCS playoffs next week. MV won the first meeting last month 80-68. MV by 16.

Amador Valley @ SRV - Both teams come into this one looking to add to their NCS resumes, as they've both been eliminated from the EBAL race and aren't likely to gain NCS Open bids. The Dons come into this one fresh off their 2nd "upset" of Granada, while SRV was riding high with a 5-game winning streak before being taken down by Dougherty Valley Friday night. SRV by 8.

Foothill @ Livermore - The Falcons qualified for an NCS D1 playoff berth with their win over Cal on Friday, and look to add to Livermore's EBAL woes with a victory on the Cowboy's senior night. Foothill won the first meeting 76-19. Foothill by 30+.

I really enjoy reading your thoughts and don't disagree with much but here's my take on tonight's action.

Dublin by 12-15. I think defensively they will make the proper adjustments to keep the heat on the Mats and also help with easy transition buckets.

DV by 4-8. DLS certainly has the size advantage and I think they are loaded at all positions but DV might be the hardest team to match-up against in this leagyue, 4 guards and 1 forward, which all are very athletic. The key to tonight's victory is getting solid games from A-Sevilla & Ryan Beasley and getting DLS off the blocks.

MV by 16-20. I know that's a bunch in this league but Jones is great at putting players in great places to succeed. Dunphy is having a great year and if Rutchena & Rivas get off, they will have there way. Jetter is having a really nice season despite being on a 1-10 team in this tough league.

SRV by 12-15. Huge loss with Scott going down early in the DV game. He's been the leader of this team and having a great season. Deely & Isaac's will have to lead this team now and if they get consistent help from Murphy & Santich, this team can and will still make a deep run.

Foothill by as many as they want! Foothill plays as hard and smart as anyone, they just lack in depth, which makes it tough in the Mountain Division but make no mistake, they are going to NCS and that's a great accomplishment. Livermore makes me constantly scratch my head, I can't understand why they are consistently so bad. Less than a mile away, their rival Granada has been good for years and this year, they are exceptionally good. Admin? Coach? Players not buying in? Something has to change pretty soon or this will most likely be the standard, which is already seems to be.

SRV 54 - Amador Valley 44.

MV 61 - Cal 40.

Foothill 69 - Livermore 35.

Last edited:
Frantic pace in the first half in the Dublin v Granada game. Both sides were at Max effort for most of the half. The crowd was live. Atmosphere couldn’t be better for a Tuesday night in February. Looks like Dublin will get two cracks at DV. Looking forward to watching the fireworks. Undeniable intrigue as the kid who left the program is a great shooter, he has a squad that will go as far as he can take them. More of a football guy personally but can’t get around watching this year unfold in EBAL Hoops. Extremely entertaining! GO GAELS!

Last edited:
That win should definitely put the gaels in the open looks like 5 teams are set only question remains is will dela get the 6th and final NCS open spot after beating doughtery valley last night or will it go to branson.
Granada is a good team and will probably be a 1 or 2 seed in NCS D1.As I said a few weeks ago its only fitting that the league championship comes down to doughtery vs
Dublin funny how these two schools have
Risen to the top of the EBAL after only moving into the league 4 years ago since coming over from the DFAL. many thought neither school would be able to compete
In the notorious EBAL who at that time
Had san ramon and monte vista coming off I believe back to back state championship
Teams and dela and also had a state championship appearance.

Reactions: observer22
Couple thoughts on DLS-Dougherty:

De La Salle’s length seemed to bother Dougherty on both ends.

DLS controlled tempo to help keep Dougherty’s guards in check. Pushed ball when it had opportunities though.

Dargan and Daniels were very good for the Spartans.

Ryan Beasley was the best player for Dougherty. Very crafty for a freshman. Seemed to always find the angle not guarded by DLS

As I said a few weeks ago its only fitting that the league championship comes down to doughtery vs
Dublin funny how these two schools have
Risen to the top of the EBAL after only moving into the league 4 years ago since coming over from the DFAL. many thought neither school would be able to compete
In the notorious EBAL who at that time
Had san ramon and monte vista coming off I believe back to back state championship
Teams and dela and also had a state championship appearance.

Exactly, it was 3 years in a row the EBAL had teams in the state championship games. Monte Vista & SRV won D1 back to back, then DLS lost in the Open finals.

Not to diminish Dublin & DV’s rise to the top of the EBAL, but not too long ago these 2 schools were D3. With all the new houses going in up in Windermere and East Dublin, they are now 2 of the largest schools in the EBAL and there is a new high school planned for that area. But they’ve both dominated this year and earned their tickets to the EBAL championship game.

EBAL STANDINGS 2/12

EBAL Valley
x Dublin 20-5, 9-3
Granada 20-5, 7-5
Amador Valley 15-10, 6-6
Foothill 14-11, 4-8
Livermore 4-19, 0-12

x = Clinched EBAL Valley Division Title

EBAL Mountain
y Dougherty Valley 22-3, 11-1
San Ramon Valley 18-7, 8-4
De La Salle 18-7, 8-4
Monte Vista 14-11, 6-6
California 10-15, 1-11

y = Clinched EBAL Mountain Division Title

I attended the Granada @ Dublin game and I do agree, the atmosphere was alive for a Tuesday night match-up. Let me 1st say that Coach Q has done a tremendous job turning around the Granada program quickly and they play a very upbeat and high energy style of basketball which is very entertaining to watch.
Last night was no different but where I had my problem with Coach Q is in the pregame announcement of the two teams. Coach Costello came over to half court to handshake each of the starting players and them walks over to shake hands with all the assistants (this is very common in today's game), when it was time for the home team to get announced, Coach Q turned to his assistant coach (Head JV coach) and said you shake hands and the head JV coached told the 3rd assistant to go shake hands with the Dublin players. This might not be a big deal to most but I am very old school and think as a head coach, especially when Dublin is celebrating senior night, you can take 1 to 2 minutes to show your gratitude to the home team players as well as thank the seniors for the hard work and dedication throughout their high school career, it seemed very Bush League to me.

Tuesday 2/11 EBAL Slate:

Wow, you pretty much nailed these games, job well done!!

I attended the Granada @ Dublin game and I do agree, the atmosphere was alive for a Tuesday night match-up. Let me 1st say that Coach Q has done a tremendous job turning around the Granada program quickly and they play a very upbeat and high energy style of basketball which is very entertaining to watch.
Last night was no different but where I had my problem with Coach Q is in the pregame announcement of the two teams. Coach Costello came over to half court to handshake each of the starting players and them walks over to shake hands with all the assistants (this is very common in today's game), when it was time for the home team to get announced, Coach Q turned to his assistant coach (Head JV coach) and said you shake hands and the head JV coached told the 3rd assistant to go shake hands with the Dublin players. This might not be a big deal to most but I am very old school and think as a head coach, especially when Dublin is celebrating senior night, you can take 1 to 2 minutes to show your gratitude to the home team players as well as thank the seniors for the hard work and dedication throughout their high school career, it seemed very Bush League to me.

I was also at that game, and noticed that faux pas as well. I was surprised when he told the first guy to do it, then it seemed like no one was going to step up. When the Dublin team was being announced, Coach Q was speaking to his team, so I'm hoping he had something extremely important to say to them, because that was indeed a breach of etiquette. I don't remember ever seeing that before last night.

Reactions: CoachDblP
I was also at that game, and noticed that faux pas as well. I was surprised when he told the first guy to do it, then it seemed like no one was going to step up. When the Dublin team was being announced, Coach Q was speaking to his team, so I'm hoping he had something extremely important to say to them, because that was indeed a breach of etiquette. I don't remember ever seeing that before last night.

This is a very Pro Dublin thread, I am a Dublin fan, however our side wasn't completely without fault. Lets just say a little humility goes a long way on reaching your goals. Sometimes not every action especially "Bush League" actions doesn't deserve a reaction. There was a reaction at the end of the night I didn't care for from our side. If you have Champion aspirations then act like a Champion....Always! Rise Above the nonsense and remember what really matters and that is dominating your opponent...ON THE COURT! Everything else is noise!

That was very bush league while I do like
His enthusiasm and passion he is still
a young varsity coach who could still
Probably learn a thing or two from some of the old school coaches in that league on
Proper etiquette.

This is a very Pro Dublin thread, I am a Dublin fan, however our side wasn't completely without fault. Lets just say a little humility goes a long way on reaching your goals. Sometimes not every action especially "Bush League" actions doesn't deserve a reaction. There was a reaction at the end of the night I didn't care for from our side. If you have Champion aspirations then act like a Champion....Always! Rise Above the nonsense and remember what really matters and that is dominating your opponent...ON THE COURT! Everything else is noise!

EBALISBEAST, I saw it to and was not a fan of the waving to the crowd behind the bench, not that it was right but lets keep in mind the age of the student athlete and after a grueling game and after the player was the main point of negative cheers at Granada during their 1st meeting.

Reactions: Renard Monroe
EBALISBEAST, I saw it to and was not a fan of the waving to the crowd behind the bench, not that it was right but lets keep in mind the age of the student athlete and after a grueling game and after the player was the main point of negative cheers at Granada during their 1st meeting.
I understand your angle. However you don’t give your enemy any fuel....ZERO you walk off the court shake hands and act like you have been there before. By even acknowledging them you have let them know that they got to you on some level. (They are in your DOME-PIECE) whether you admit it or not. Champions rise above. You won the game and that is what you set out to do. The task it’s not finished, The Gaels have bigger fish to fry! Let’s GOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

do yall yell at the clouds too? man these suburbia kids and parents now a days... i couldnt care less if a coach or player shook my hand... we aint friends... i am there to beat you and not care how your feelings are. i loved it when yo momma was yelling at you that #5 was bussing yo a$$.. but we cut from a different cloth i see.

different cloth? You're trying to win the Hardest Dude On The High School Basketball Message Board award again.

EBAL STANDINGS 2/12

EBAL Valley
x
Dublin 20-5, 9-3
Granada 20-5, 7-5
Amador Valley 15-10, 6-6
Foothill 14-11, 4-8
Livermore 4-19, 0-12

EBAL Mountain
y
Dougherty Valley 22-3, 11-1
San Ramon Valley 18-7, 8-4
De La Salle 18-7, 8-4
Monte Vista 14-11, 6-6
California 10-15, 1-11

Tuesday 2/13 EBAL Slate - Final League Games:

Dougherty Valley @ Dublin - This is going to be interesting. Since both teams will be suiting up against each other at DV on Saturday regardless of the outcome, you have to wonder how hard each team will go tonight. On one hand, they'll want to avoid injuries and not show too much to their opponents right before the championship game, but they are both good coaches and will still learn a lot about what works and what doesn't in order to make adjustments prior to Saturday. But pride is on the line and this 2 game series could also have a huge impact on Open division seeding. 2 impressive wins right before the meeting could really help a team, while 2 losses (or in the case of DV 3 since they just lost to DLS) could drop them. Dublin by 4.

SRV @ Monte Vista - The Mustangs won the first meeting last month 61-59, and both teams need this one for NCS seeding. SRV has an outside shot at an Open berth, but losing one of their top players (Scott) to an ACL injury vs. DV last week won't help. This is a special rivalry and I look for this one to be as heated as ever and come right down to the wire. SRV by 2 in OT.

Foothill @ Amador Valley - The Falcons won the first meeting 52-43 and I look for AV to avenge that defeat in this rivalry game. The Dons have circled this one on the schedule since their last meeting and won't need any additional motivation. Both teams have qualified for the NCS playoffs next week (Foothill in D2 and AV in D1) and this should have some bearing on their seedings. AV by 12.

DLS @ Cal - The Spartans won by 40 the first time around. While DLS needs a win to justify an Open selection, this one should be over quickly and allow the seniors on both teams a lot of playing time. DLS by 24.

Livermore @ Granada - Just a practice for the Mats, and a lot of playing time for the seniors on both squads. Granada by 30+.

Tuesday 2/13 EBAL Slate - Final League Games:

Dougherty Valley @ Dublin - This is going to be interesting. Since both teams will be suiting up against each other at DV on Saturday regardless of the outcome, you have to wonder how hard each team will go tonight. On one hand, they'll want to avoid injuries and not show too much to their opponents right before the championship game, but they are both good coaches and will still learn a lot about what works and what doesn't in order to make adjustments prior to Saturday. But pride is on the line and this 2 game series could also have a huge impact on Open division seeding. 2 impressive wins right before the meeting could really help a team, while 2 losses (or in the case of DV 3 since they just lost to DLS) could drop them. Dublin by 4.

SRV @ Monte Vista - The Mustangs won the first meeting last month 61-59, and both teams need this one for NCS seeding. SRV has an outside shot at an Open berth, but losing one of their top players (Scott) to an ACL injury vs. DV last week won't help. This is a special rivalry and I look for this one to be as heated as ever and come right down to the wire. SRV by 2 in OT.

Foothill @ Amador Valley - The Falcons won the first meeting 52-43 and I look for AV to avenge that defeat in this rivalry game. The Dons have circled this one on the schedule since their last meeting and won't need any additional motivation. Both teams have qualified for the NCS playoffs next week (Foothill in D2 and AV in D1) and this should have some bearing on their seedings. AV by 12.

DLS @ Cal - The Spartans won by 40 the first time around. While DLS needs a win to justify an Open selection, this one should be over quickly and allow the seniors on both teams a lot of playing time. DLS by 24.

Livermore @ Granada - Just a practice for the Mats, and a lot of playing time for the seniors on both squads. Granada by 30+.

Dublin 82 - Dougherty Valley 52

MV 52 - SRV 40

Foothill 59 - Amador Valley 53

DLS 69 - Cal 50

Granada beat Livermore - score?

Last edited:
Dublin 82 - Dougherty Valley 52

MV 52 - SRV 40

Foothill 59 - Amador Valley 53

DLS beat Cal - score?

Granada beat Livermore - score?

Wow. Powerful showing from the Gaels. If you thought that was good, I got em' winning by 40 now in the EBAL title game.

"It's amazing what a team can accomplish when no one cares who gets the credit" - donnie dublin

Last edited:
FINAL EBAL STANDINGS 2/14

EBAL Valley
x Dublin 21-5, 10-3
Granada 21-5, 8-5
Amador Valley 15-11, 6-7
Foothill 15-11, 5-8
Livermore 4-20, 0-13

EBAL Mountain
y Dougherty Valley 22-4, 11-2
De La Salle 19-7, 9-4
San Ramon Valley 18-8, 8-5
Monte Vista 15-11, 7-6
California 10-16, 1-12

EBAL Championship Game 2/15 4:00
Dublin @ Dougherty Valley

Wow. Powerful showing from the Gaels. If you thought that was good, I got em' winning by 40 now in the EBAL title game.

"It's amazing what a team can accomplish when no one cares who gets the credit" - donnie dublin

Are you saying Dublin lost the 3 league games because they cared about who got credit?

I saw them win against Riordan and lose against DeLa and Granada. The style of play was the same. A whole lotta isolation. Not sure how you know what the Gael players cared about in any of those games.

Are you saying Dublin lost the 3 league games because they cared about who got credit?

I saw them win against Riordan and lose against DeLa and Granada. The style of play was the same. A whole lotta isolation. Not sure how you know what the Gael players cared about in any of those games.

No need to get defensive buddy, I'm on your side. I've been saying they've played like that all year long! I used that exact same quote to describe them back December I'm pretty sure! You can even look it up!

- donnie dublin

P.S. "it's amazing what can be accomplished when no one cares who gets the credit"

[QUOTE="DonniePeckerwood, post: 258119, member: 7166"]I'm trying to be the hardest dude in Marin county ms bitter branson fan! You like that!?

- donnie tiburon[/QUOTE]

Wanna see this Final's Dance Off....

The dueling donnies dust up

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT