ADVERTISEMENT

Top teams for 2019-2020

Ridiculous! I've played EA Madden since '95 on Super NES, I know more football that just about anyone and I also played Bill Walsh College Football '95, so I definitely know more football than Bill Walsh.

You got me beat. Based on those merits, you def know more about football than me. Dammit, now I only know more than 98% of the people on here. I'm going to stop watching football from now on.

These past few posts are hilarious! This thread has definitely gotten out of control! Lol!
Re Nigel Burris, any relation to the famous Bay Area attorney, John Burris?

Reactions: DonniePeckerwood
Why can’t someone transfer to SI ? Come on Nigel !! Cupboards looking a little bare. He would be the guy no doubt and get way more shots !!

so then that makes you a better lawyer than Johnny cochran?

Wow Ankle, gotta let me know when that next set at Cobbs is coming up! Some serious comedy here.

Why can’t someone transfer to SI ? Come on Nigel !! Cupboards looking a little bare. He would be the guy no doubt and get way more shots !!

Wish High School Basketball had some sort of tampering thing a la the NBA, but you know what. After thinking about it all day, it's the young mans decision. I'm not going to freak out over some rumor a random pissant on this message board is starting to spread.

But I will say this. It is high school basketball. But it seems a ton of people in here are okay with kids leaving a tough situation when things get tough, as opposed to trying to fix the situation, stay and remain loyal.

Loyalty is starting to die in high school sports....and that to me is the saddest part of this whole thread.

Ridiculous! I've played EA Madden since '95 on Super NES, I know more football that just about anyone and I also played Bill Walsh College Football '95, so I definitely know more football than Bill Walsh.

Your not going to believe this, but my cousin Eric Bromley did actually invent the original Football game. He was vice president of Coleco enginering.
THIS IS BECOMING SURREAL!!!!!!!!!:) You can actually look it up. Google Eric Bromley if you think this ain't for real.

Here's wishing you great hoops WOW!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: observer22
Your not going to believe this, but my cousin Eric Bromley did actually invent the original Football game. He was vice president of Coleco enginering.
THIS IS BECOMING SURREAL!!!!!!!!!:) You can actually look it up. Google Eric Bromley if you think this ain't for real.

Here's wishing you great hoops WOW!!!!

Good stuff Marcskit!

This was state of the art back in the day:

where is the point guard who played there maybe graduated last year at? he hit the free throws to win the peach jam for soldiers

where is the point guard who played there maybe graduated last year at? he hit the free throws to win the peach jam for soldiers

Darrion? He's was playing post grad prep school at GSP. Heard he had a fantastic season and is gaining D1 interest.

The landscape of highschool hoops. Trying to figure this stuff out? In regards to this Transferring stuff. The word entitled comes to mind. I hear all these kids that want to transfer and their parents are fine with it actually encouraging it. People are losing some real key elements to raising your kids. Self Serving, Ego driven decisions. If that is what you want for your boys and girls I wish you well for the remainder of their lives especially after hoops ends. Not all go D1 nor make it to the League. Make sure they are good human beings after the spotlight stops shining!

The landscape of highschool hoops. Trying to figure this stuff out? In regards to this Transferring stuff. The word entitled comes to mind. I hear all these kids that want to transfer and their parents are fine with it actually encouraging it. People are losing some real key elements to raising your kids. Self Serving, Ego driven decisions. If that is what you want for your boys and girls I wish you well for the remainder of their lives especially after hoops ends. Not all go D1 nor make it to the League. Make sure they are good human beings after the spotlight stops shining!

You realize that most kids who play high school basketball dont transfer right? For every transfer theres 100 that stay put.(made up figures. But hopefully you get the point.) Maybe, just maybe, it's ok for parents and kids to move in a different if they so choose and theres nothing wrong with that. The pontificating in this post is more ego driven than any athletic transfer out there.

You realize that most kids who play high school basketball dont transfer right? For every transfer theres 100 that stay put.(made up figures. But hopefully you get the point.) Maybe, just maybe, it's ok for parents and kids to move in a different if they so choose and theres nothing wrong with that. The pontificating in this post is more ego driven than any athletic transfer out there.

Shots Fired Bang Bang! Haha! Your opening statement has no SALT!! I am referring to this entitled "My Kid is a Beast" Cuz his AAU Coach and his Parents tells him so and its all over his IG page so it must be TRUE! Only to get exposed when it is time to do Work. Then he stops playing hoops, then what are you left with, a spoiled entitled, LOSER! Winners Train, Losers find excuses and Complain!
I Guess I shouldn't have pontificated so much in my first post and got straight to the Point!

Shots Fired Bang Bang! Haha! Your opening statement has no SALT!! I am referring to this entitled "My Kid is a Beast" Cuz his AAU Coach and his Parents tells him so and its all over his IG page so it must be TRUE! Only to get exposed when it is time to do Work. Then he stops playing hoops, then what are you left with, a spoiled entitled, LOSER! Winners Train, Losers find excuses and Complain!
I Guess I shouldn't have pontificated so much in my first post and got straight to the Point!
it is the job of you as a parent to put your child in the best possible chance to succeed.... no parent should have any care about what a bunch of has beens (myself included) say on some internet site. There is not anything losing about a kid who transfers to a team and wins a title... winning culture also breeds winning culture... why wouldnt you want your child in THE best spot? You failed if you denied your kid that chance. I am only loyal to my son if i had one. not to some neighborhood school... Hell i was loyal to my neighborhood and we almost all died over it.

it is the job of you as a parent to put your child in the best possible chance to succeed.... no parent should have any care about what a bunch of has beens (myself included) say on some internet site. There is not anything losing about a kid who transfers to a team and wins a title... winning culture also breeds winning culture... why wouldnt you want your child in THE best spot? You failed if you denied your kid that chance. I am only loyal to my son if i had one. not to some neighborhood school... Hell i was loyal to my neighborhood and we almost all died over it.

This is really simple to me and perhaps I don't have the same perspective as my peers on this Board, but I am OLD SCHOOL myself. Before there were 6 Cameras at a High School game and before the "HypeBeast" started rolling 24-7. Before the constant Self Promotion. I believe there was a time where you had to step out on the Court and Prove yourself. Not for your Mommy, Daddy, Coach, or any School. You had to do it for you, because of the love and admiration you had for the game and for the people who accel at a very high level. You admire those who do it at a very high level. You want to be like those who do it at a very high level. The importance today from alot of kids is on how many minutes am I going to get? I don't want to play the 2 I want to play the 1. Focusing on the wrong things. Winning comes from your Attitude and Effort.
When this recruiting process starts the Coaches that are recruiting these boys will ask "What kind of Kid is this Kid"? There is no better compliment to hear, Hard Worker, Team Guy, Great for your Locker room Coach! Makes everybody else on the court with him better! That's how great teams are built! Not just by skill...many tangibles to become GREAT! Number 1 is behavior to become a winner! Anyone can do that. We all have limits Athletically unless your Name is Zion or LeBron currently, but in the end even Father Time gets them too!

This is really simple to me and perhaps I don't have the same perspective as my peers on this Board, but I am OLD SCHOOL myself. Before there were 6 Cameras at a High School game and before the "HypeBeast" started rolling 24-7. Before the constant Self Promotion. I believe there was a time where you had to step out on the Court and Prove yourself. Not for your Mommy, Daddy, Coach, or any School. You had to do it for you, because of the love and admiration you had for the game and for the people who accel at a very high level. You admire those who do it at a very high level. You want to be like those who do it at a very high level. The importance today from alot of kids is on how many minutes am I going to get? I don't want to play the 2 I want to play the 1. Focusing on the wrong things. Winning comes from your Attitude and Effort.
When this recruiting process starts the Coaches that are recruiting these boys will ask "What kind of Kid is this Kid"? There is no better compliment to hear, Hard Worker, Team Guy, Great for your Locker room Coach! Makes everybody else on the court with him better! That's how great teams are built! Not just by skill...many tangibles to become GREAT! Number 1 is behavior to become a winner! Anyone can do that. We all have limits Athletically unless your Name is Zion or LeBron currently, but in the end even Father Time gets them too!
not to bash.... but if i lived across the street from Richmond High School and I was gifted academically and athletically... then salesian high school had a spot for me... i would be on that 14 bus like yesterdays business getting to salesian.... there is simply no comparing... I would hope my father would want the best for me... getting out of richmond can be dicey if you ever been there...
If i lived in ESO and castlemont was my home school.. but BOD asked if I wanted to go... no brainer...

People like TwitterLegend and RJ223 are the type of people to talk all this mess on a message board. But in person would probably curl in a little ball.

I know more about High School basketball than 99% of this message board. Maybe Marcskit and StreakOne know more than me, but the rest of you. Your high school basketball knowledge is nothing compared to mine.

You can be 40 or 50 or even 60, I still know more about the game of basketball than you do.

Funny how no one addressed my idea of having kids sit out a full year if they transfer to a new school and two full years if they transfer to a new school in conference. College basketball uses this rule, and while it doesn't prevent transfers, it def. halts a lot of kids from transferring.
RJ doesn’t talk mess. Being critical is not talking mess. Stop being sensitive.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT