ADVERTISEMENT

Torrey Pines, Day 2

kiddman32

Hall of Famer
Nov 25, 2012
Campo plays in the first game of the day (unfortunately) against San Ysidro, who is 7-4 and I think went to overtime last night before falling to Coronado.

San Ysidro played in the last game last night, so they have a really short turnaround.

Things start right with a steal and runout layup by Shaen\\ne O’Reilly…

Naffziger hits a 3 after a Ysidro score, then a steal leads to an Aidan layup and foul…. FT is good. 8-2.

Reactions: concrete17
Cougs give up a rare offensive board, Ysidro scores, Ysidro scores again after a stop, they are fighting back.

Bennett nails a 3! 13-6.

Cade drives or an easy one…. 15-6.

Time out San Ysidro… 3:40 left in the quarter. 15-6.

4 in a row for Ysidro…. 15-10.

O’Reilly hits a long 3! 18-10. Cougs get a stop…

Tyler Holmgren (sp?). drives and is fouled…. FT’s good. 20-10.

Coug foul, shooting…. FT’s good. 20-12.

Aidan drives and is fouled nearing the end of the quarter… FT’s good. 22-12.

Ysidro goes the length of the floor for a layup. 22-14 after a quarter.

Gave my fingers a short break…. Ysidro scored first, but Naffziger ansered with a 3. Time out, 6:57 left, 25-16.

Yasukochi with an offensive rebound, nice move underneath and a score. 27-16

Nice drive by Ysidro’s #5…. 27-18.

Steal and score for Ysidro…. 27-20. Time out Cougs. 4:53 left.

Ysidro #13 makes a steal, at the same time goes down with an apparent injury. Still 27-20. 4:35 left. Kids just got up…. Don’t be surprised if he goes back in later.

Nice pass inside by Ysidro for a score…. 27-22.

Pass inside to Ysidro’s #30 for a bucket…. 27-24.

T on Ysidro, I think a player…. Aidan goes to the line for 2, splits ‘em. 28-24.

O’Reilly for 3! 31-24.

Ysidro answers with a baseline midrange. 31-26.

Foul, Cade to the line 1 and 1. Good, gets a 2nd…. Good. 33-26.

Rebound and fast break to O’Reilly for a layup…. 35-26.

Shot clock violation, Cougars ball…. shoule be last possession. O’Reilly hits a long 2 at the buzzer! 37-26 at the half.

4:15 left, 47-38, Ysidro ball. Ysidro scores again, 47-40. Getting quite physical out there. 3:13 left.

Ysidro has a way of making you play their game, not yours…. #22 drive, fouled by Yasukochi. FT’s good. 49-42.

Baseline inbounds score, AIdan to O’Reilly. 51-42.

Ysidro scores inside, 51-44. Aidan with a stepback 3! 54-44… then the Cougs get a stop, Aidan passes to O’Reilly in the corner, he hits the 3! 57-44. 1:03 left 3rd.

Bergren takes a charge!! Great pass down low to Vineyard for 2…. 59-44.

Last-second try for Ysidro, no go. End of 3, it’s 59-44.

Coug foul, 1 and 1…. FT both good. 59-46.

GREAT pass down low to Vineyard, he scores…. 61-46. But he gets his 4th foul on the other end. Ysidro FT’s split. 61-47.

Great pass to O’Reilly for a short J…. 63-47. Cougs get another stop…. 5:35 left.

Cade with a great move to score…. 65-47.

Shane tries to take a charge, called for the block. That’s his 5th. FT’s split. 65-48.

Yasukochi takes a charge! 4:5 left.

that’s 4:55. Cade splits the D for n easy 2…. Martin Flores scores for Ysidro. and he’s fouled. FT good. 67-51.

Ysidro gets a stop, break, scores…. Full-court press put on, Coug time out. 67-53, 3:34 left

Yasukochi draw a foul UST before the shot clock runs out…. He gets 2 shots. FT’s split. 68-53.

Ysidro misses a layup, that is immediately turned into an easy Coug bucket. 70-53. 1:44 left.

So far, it’s all St. Mary’s. 36-16 with 1:56 left in the half. They’re playing like they’re mad that Clayton Valley Charter beat ‘em yesterday.

A player to watch in this one, Jurian Dixon of St. Augustine, who scored 33 of the team’s 55 points in yesterday’s loss to Northgate. Since that game was held at St. Augustine at exactly the same time as Campo’s game, I didn’t witness any of that.

btw, Dixon is a junior. Also, St. Augustine appears to have only 7 guys suited up. There are 13 on their MaxPreps roster. Might explain apparent the incosistency of their record…. They have a 5-point loss to Sierra Canyon, so at their best they are capable of pretty darned good…. But with a much shorter bench, they got beat fairly handily by Northgate.

At the hal, Mira Costa is up 31-21. Dixon has for the most part been kept quiet. He’s playing the point and try to spread it around a little…. Has had a couple of nifty assists on fast break, but not many points that I remember.

That Bells loss is a head-scratcher…
I’m totally confused. OR is improved but still sort of closer to average than good but that is a great win. Maybe kids missing for bells? I would love to see pondo play in this tourney. I think they are in a weaker bracket at Damien. I think they could be undefeated going into sjs.

Yes, LL…. Damien tourney put Pondo in the 2nd-lowest bracket, if I recall correctly…. They could very well be undefeated at SJS time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT