ADVERTISEMENT

Torrey Pines, Day 2

Big run by the Saints…. now it’s 49-41, 5:16 left. Dixon has had his hands all over this 2nd-half run.

Mira Costa just will not go away…. They are back within 3, 51-48. St. Augustine has the ball, time out. 1:27 let.

Mira Costa got the stop they need, but their driving try came up short, they are forced to foul Dixon with 9 seconds left, still 53-51.

First FT good,,, second, also good. 55-51, Mira Costa calls a TO to come up with a 4-point play with 1.5 seconds left….

Long 3, left wide open to take it…. No go. 55-51 final. Dixon named Player of the Game, didn’t hear his scoring total.

Reactions: concrete17
Firat winner’s bracket game…. Lincoln of Stockton vs. Mitty of San Jose. Wait, this is SOUTHERN California, right??

• Haha
Reactions: concrete17
Both days during Lincoln games, I have run across San Diego State season-ticket holders wanting check out their incoming recruit Miles Byrd, and he hasn’t disappointed here. Just recorded his third spectacular high-flying swat of the game…. Now it’s 30-24 Lincoln, 2:56 left in the 3rd.

Mitty suddenly gets things going a little, it’s 37-31. Just now had a layup roll out that would have pulled them within 4. 5:26 left.

Lincoln hits a 3, so Mitty hits two of ‘em…. It’s 40-36, 3:38 left. Time out, Lincoln ball.

Mitty loses it out of bounds…. Full-court pressure, but Lincoln breaks it…. But can’t score.

Mitty with another 3 ties it up at 42!

Lincoln has it at sideline forecourt…

Didn’t see shot clock was almost out…. Byrd ended up taking a wild shot that came nowhere close.

Mitty ball, still tied, 4.4 left from their own baseline.

Sangster gets up a shot at the buzzer…. NO! We have…. FREE BASKETBALL!

Great pass by Sangster leads to a layup…. 46-44.

Andre Warren drives and ties it up.

2:39 left after a Lincoln try misses…

Byrd with a steal, pass to a shooter I couldn’t see…. 3 ball GOES! 49-46.

Mitty ties it with a 3…. 49 all.

Stolen from Byrd…. Time out Mitty, 28.3 left, same score.

Aidan Burke with a nice move, drives, SCORES for Mitty! 51-49, Time out Lincoln. 3.4 seconds left.

Byrd gets the inbounds…. makes a GREAT pass to a man under the basket…. and he misses the easy layup! Game over, Mitty wins 51-49.

Next up, Hillcrest vs. Faith Family the Texan guys who knocked Campo off the undefeated ranks yesterday.

I don’t expect this one to be close, not at all.

Took the first half over at a plug to get charged up, as I watched this one…

The expected not-close game has NOT happened. It’s 32-all at the half, and I don’t think Faith Family played badly at all. Hillcrest cranked up the executuin bigtime!

As they say…. That’s why they play the games…

4:30 left in the 3rd, Hillcrest time out. 42-38 Faith. Interstingly, Hillcrest’s 7-footer, who was having a great game, is nowhere to be seen this half. Now I see…. He is at the trainer’s table, apparently after getting hit in the face in the late 1st half.

Without the big guy, Hillcrest has no shot-blocker and Faith is taking advantage. 52-45 Faith, 1:03 left in the 3rd.

Said big guy, Dennis Evans, is back at the bench. No idea if he’ll play. Hillcrest is getting pounded inside, they need him if he can…. 56-45 at the start of the 4th.

Looks like Evans is out for the day…. and the game is definitely getting away from Hillcrest.

77-55 final. Brandon Warren of Faith scores 18 and gets player of the game.

Next up, NOrthgate vs. Bishop Gorman.

Gorman looked flat-out awesome yesterday, and since Northgate played elsewhere at the same time as the Campo game, I haven’t seen them…. Hadn’t seen them yet up in NorCal, either.

Northgate is completely unfazed by all the D1 recruits on Gorman…. It’s 13 all with 2 minutes to go in the quarter.

Alley-oop dunk by Gorman makes it 15-13.

Tough kids from the streets of Walnut Creek?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT