ADVERTISEMENT

WCAL 2016 Basketball: SHC over SI in O/T & other scores

I don't think you have watched enough WCAL basketball this year to say SF is not a good team. They are one of the best teams in Norcal. Top 6 for sure. They have size, length, quickness and can shoot. They sometimes lose focus and take bad shots but when dialed in they are tough to beat.
Serra does not has great talent but always competes hard. I couldn't make the game but was getting texts from a buddy. Sounds like it was close until about the last couple of minutes before SF pulled away. He said Serra couldn't buy a bucket- a combination of sf defense and bad shot selection. The big kid wilson was out?

Serdaprs is correct in that SF is a top NorCal team and as always coach Rapp has the Padres team competing above their talent level. I likely was being a bit too critical and probably from having watched too much Dubs. I did watch the entire game & Serdaprs buddies were accurate when they texted that Serra "couldn't buy a bucket", as they had quite a dry spell shooting late in game. I guess with SF its that they don;t appear to have any stand-out player [other than Witt] and simply pulled away from Serra after the Padres missed a multitude of shots. SF also controlled the boards and had numerous somewhat uncontested lay-ups late which helped put the game away. Anyone who saw the game know how many FT's Serra missed as it seemed they missed as many as they made. Saw that Serra's Wilson was out with the flu & Serra really missed him on the boards last nite. The one player who did stand-out was SF's Curtis Witt who was clutch on a number of shots and absolutely killed Serra late in the game. Serra is all about Killingsworth and if his game is off the Padres are playing uphill.

Bell's 62-60 over SHC [Top scorer's: Bell's: Maxwell 17, Clark 13, SHC: Hollins 27]
Riordan 65-47 over VC
Mitty 60-48 over SI even without Ben Kone
[SI still needs another year with younger talent]

WCAL BASKETBALL 2016: Latest Games

SF 78-57 over VC
Bell's 52-51 over Mitty in O/T
Serra 58-37 over Riordan less Stansberry
SHP 68-64 over SI in O/T

* SF 17-2 cruises over VC now 10-9 with SF's Benedetti scoring 14, Thomas 16 & Witt 11. Both Santos ^ Sokol of VC finish with 17 each.
* Mitty Monarch's drop yet another close game and fading quick in WCAL without star player Ben Kone.
* Serra rolls Riordan who like Mitty appears to be running on fumes during a long season & lost one player they couldn;t afford to lose.
* Huge win with revenge factor in rubber match between Irish & Cats - a good win needed by Irish!

Reactions: Irish_Cheers
WCAL BASKETBALL 2016: Latest Games

SF 78-57 over VC
Bell's 52-51 over Mitty in O/T
Serra 58-37 over Riordan less Stansberry
SHP 68-64 over SI in O/T

* SF 17-2 cruises over VC now 10-9 with SF's Benedetti scoring 14, Thomas 16 & Witt 11. Both Santos ^ Sokol of VC finish with 17 each.
* Mitty Monarch's drop yet another close game and fading quick in WCAL without star player Ben Kone.
* Serra rolls Riordan who like Mitty appears to be running on fumes during a long season & lost one player they couldn;t afford to lose.
* Huge win with revenge factor in rubber match between Irish & Cats - a good win needed by Irish!
Crusaders simply do not have the talent/depth this season to finish strong as they have done the past few seasons. If Stansberry shuts it down this season, and the Crusaders don't pick up the slack, could be a quick exit in CCS.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT