ADVERTISEMENT

WCAL Game Tuesday 2/12/19

You hit the nail on the head. VERY tough schedule for this group. Every team on the schedule was ranked. I personally thing that rule needs to be changed and at large bids should be taken into consideration but until they do coaches have to schedule cup cake games to ensure they make the playoffs.
I said around New Years that I would take a challenged, sub .500 SHC team over a 10-1 SF team with a soft schedule. And with exception for the result last night, I would still stick with that. If SHC could make the playoffs I would have greater confidence in them to make a run like they did last year.

CityBoy415

Maybe if you gave some credit to the other WCAL teams other than SHC instead of hyping up SHC only, it wouldn't look so bad. VC, SF, and Pres all beat SHC this season with ironically only SI losing 2x to SHC. That was something that no SHC fan is used to happening. Especially not SF beating them 2x. It sucks that SHC doesn't get to play a post season especially when everyone knows they are one of the top 8 teams in the section. Bottom line is the league is obviously very balanced and tough with no nights off for any team.
Shout out to all the teams NCS, CCS, SJS, Northern, SF, and OAL in their quest for norcal Championships and State Championships. Hopefully Norcal can win a few!

You hit the nail on the head. VERY tough schedule for this group. Every team on the schedule was ranked. I personally thing that rule needs to be changed and at large bids should be taken into consideration but until they do coaches have to schedule cup cake games to ensure they make the playoffs.

Would you say SHC won't be scheduling the same schedule they did this season in the future?

CityBoy415

Maybe if you gave some credit to the other WCAL teams other than SHC instead of hyping up SHC only, it wouldn't look so bad. VC, SF, and Pres all beat SHC this season with ironically only SI losing 2x to SHC. That was something that no SHC fan is used to happening. Especially not SF beating them 2x. It sucks that SHC doesn't get to play a post season especially when everyone knows they are one of the top 8 teams in the section. Bottom line is the league is obviously very balanced and tough with no nights off for any team.
Shout out to all the teams NCS, CCS, SJS, Northern, SF, and OAL in their quest for norcal Championships and State Championships. Hopefully Norcal can win a few!

100% agree. Cityboy hypes only shc and gives excuses when they lose. I am a fan of all the wcal. I want all of these teams to do well in the playoffs. It made me proud when 5 of them were playing in norcal semis last year in their respective divisions. Only shc went to state, but what an accomplishment for the league!

This is why I don't blame some of these schools for softer pre-season schedules. They play 10 tough games in league each year! Is that not enough? It's definitetly more than Menlo, Escp, and others play.

Reactions: stepslide
CityBoy415

I'm confused. What wouldn't look so bad? Who haven't I gave credit to? What looks bad? They played one of the toughest schedules in California this year and because they don't schedule easy games they caught the short end of the stick. Nothing for me to be ashamed about there.

I'm one of the first people on here to note how balanced basketball is this year and how balanced the WCAL is so I'm not sure what your getting at here. Do you even follow my posts? I don't recognize your sn or have had a conversation with you so right now it seems as if you are just talking to be talking. I'm a fan of my alma mater and will root for them how I see fit. However, stating facts is not hyping a team up. Stating that we are in a rebuilding year isn't hyping a team up. I have not said anything negative about any program or player on here EVER. Not my style. So again, what are you talking about?

Reactions: OnBall8
Would you say SHC won't be scheduling the same schedule they did this season in the future?

I can't say what they will or won't do that's not my decision. That's up to the coach as to what he wants his program to be about. As a coach you never know when injuries might happen and you can't schedule around that. If it was up to me I'd keep the same schedule and keep challenging these student athletes to strive for the best. If he can get his young group together and keep them playing together in the summer like some other programs do they will be just fine. Games like these are won in the off season.

I'm confused. What wouldn't look so bad? Who haven't I gave credit to? What looks bad? They played one of the toughest schedules in California this year and because they don't schedule easy games they caught the short end of the stick. Nothing for me to be ashamed about there.

I'm one of the first people on here to note how balanced basketball is this year and how balanced the WCAL is so I'm not sure what your getting at here. Do you even follow my posts? I don't recognize your sn or have had a conversation with you so right now it seems as if you are just talking to be talking. I'm a fan of my alma mater and will root for them how I see fit. However, stating facts is not hyping a team up. Stating that we are in a rebuilding year isn't hyping a team up. I have not said anything negative about any program or player on here EVER. Not my style. So again, what are you talking about?

My bad......you didn't start talking about a rebuilding year until after last nights loss to SF? It's all good, every team needs fans and advocates. Go Irish! Respect!

Reactions: Winning Is Fun
My bad......you didn't start talking about a rebuilding year until after last nights loss to SF? It's all good, every team needs fans and advocates. Go Irish! Respect!

Obviously you don't follow my posts then so the ignorance is to be expected. After losing 9 seniors and only returning 2 varsity players my very first post this year was about having a rebuilding team and playing a tough schedule. You must be new to the message board and if that's so, cool. Let's make sure you keep up with the posts before you try to tell me what I said and didn't say. #GoIrish

Question on CCS open.
Can 4 D2 teams make the open (Mitty, Valley Christian, Presentation and St Francis) in the past i do not think this was the case as it would make the D2 CCS tournament obsolete based on the fact that CCS doesn't send more than 4 teams per division to Norcal. Last year VC played D2 and was the only team from the D2 tourney to go to NorCal. They year before it was Presentation.

100% agree. Cityboy hypes only shc and gives excuses when they lose. I am a fan of all the wcal. I want all of these teams to do well in the playoffs. It made me proud when 5 of them were playing in norcal semis last year in their respective divisions. Only shc went to state, but what an accomplishment for the league!

This is why I don't blame some of these schools for softer pre-season schedules. They play 10 tough games in league each year! Is that not enough? It's definitetly more than Menlo, Escp, and others play.

Lol I wouldn't expect anything less from you than for you to agree. What excuse did I give for them losing? YOU asked me what happened? I gave you my opinion of what happened and why they lost. That's not making an excuse for them. I didn't get on this board giving any reasons for why they lost or blaming the loss on anybody else. I don't get on here and say anything win or lose. I root for my team and give facts that some people that don't follow the program might not know. Other than that the kids play the game and it's on them. You can be a fan of the wcal or whom ever you want and cheer for them how you see fit just the same as I can. If you don't like it don't follow my post or respond to them o_O

Question on CCS open.
Can 4 D2 teams make the open (Mitty, Valley Christian, Presentation and St Francis) in the past i do not think this was the case as it would make the D2 CCS tournament obsolete based on the fact that CCS doesn't send more than 4 teams per division to Norcal. Last year VC played D2 and was the only team from the D2 tourney to go to NorCal. They year before it was Presentation.
yup, with competitive equity the number per division doesn't matter anymore. The CCS can now send all Open participents (regardless of div) plus the champion and runner up from each enrollment div. And hell they could even throw in some at large bids if they want to although the ccs has not been big on that in the past

Reactions: AptosHoops
Lol I wouldn't expect anything less from you than for you to agree. What excuse did I give for them losing? YOU asked me what happened? I gave you my opinion of what happened and why they lost. That's not making an excuse for them. I didn't get on this board giving any reasons for why they lost or blaming the loss on anybody else. I don't get on here and say anything win or lose. I root for my team and give facts that some people that don't follow the program might not know. Other than that the kids play the game and it's on them. You can be a fan of the wcal or whom ever you want and cheer for them how you see fit just the same as I can. If you don't like it don't follow my post or respond to them o_O

I just think it's hilarious how you are always in attack mode. After a 1st qtr wake up call, sf was in control the entire game. Shc made a great comeback in the 4th to almost win. That tells me shc wasn't as good as you thought they were in January. You predicted a win at home vs sf.

You didn't say anything about rebuilding year when shc was supposed to take care of business after the "celebration" scene that got you so fired about a month ago. Remember how you said that they would remember that and it will be a different story in the city with Tuttle back.

Remember???????

I'm sure you will send an attacking response back. Hahahaha!

I just think it's hilarious how you are always in attack mode. After a 1st qtr wake up call, sf was in control the entire game. Shc made a great comeback in the 4th to almost win. That tells me shc wasn't as good as you thought they were in January. You predicted a win at home vs sf.

You didn't say anything about rebuilding year when shc was supposed to take care of business after the "celebration" scene that got you so fired about a month ago. Remember how you said that they would remember that and it will be a different story in the city with Tuttle back.

Remember???????

I'm sure you will send an attacking response back. Hahahaha!

Attack mode? Never that. I'm actually laughing at you and have been for about a month. A team can't be in control the entire game if they needed a 1st quarter wake up call and the other team made a comeback in the 4th. Where did you get your degree from? What you meant to say is that sf was in control in the 2nd and 3rd quarters. No matter what I predict players have to make plays. I'm not playing and neither are you. That's why it's called a prediction, right? The weatherman predicts sun all the time and it rains. Again, if you had been trolling me earlier in the season you would have seen what I wrote about this being a rebuilding year. Yes, I did think they would take care of business after the first loss but hey they didn't so now what? I don't get what your point is? What "scene that got me so fired about a month ago"? What does so fired mean? Your losing me here buddy.

Attack mode? Never that. I'm actually laughing at you and have been for about a month. A team can't be in control the entire game if they needed a 1st quarter wake up call and the other team made a comeback in the 4th. Where did you get your degree from? What you meant to say is that sf was in control in the 2nd and 3rd quarters. No matter what I predict players have to make plays. I'm not playing and neither are you. That's why it's called a prediction, right? The weatherman predicts sun all the time and it rains. Again, if you had been trolling me earlier in the season you would have seen what I wrote about this being a rebuilding year. Yes, I did think they would take care of business after the first loss but hey they didn't so now what? I don't get what your point is? What "scene that got me so fired about a month ago"? What does so fired mean? Your losing me here buddy.

Sorry for my mistyping. Fired up. You know what i meant. Do you want me to fix your grammar too?

You were all bent out of shape because of sf's celebration "at center court". Come on. Don't play dumb.

Actually went to college at San Francisco.

Sorry for my mistyping. Fired up. You know what i meant. Do you want me to fix your grammar too?

You were all bent out of shape because of sf's celebration "at center court". Come on. Don't play dumb.

Actually went to college at San Francisco.

Sorry that sentence didn't make sense to me. My opinion of sportsmanship and yours might be different but that doesn't mean I'm bent out of shape. Let's not make something out of nothing here. This is a public message forum full of most users who hide behind screen names. It would never be worth my time to be bent out of shape about anything on here. San Francisco huh? City College? State? University? All that money spent to troll me? I'm honored

Sorry that sentence didn't make sense to me. My opinion of sportsmanship and yours might be different but that doesn't mean I'm bent out of shape. Let's not make something out of nothing here. This is a public message forum full of most users who hide behind screen names. It would never be worth my time to be bent out of shape about anything on here. San Francisco huh? City College? State? University? All that money spent to troll me? I'm honored

Hah. Don't flatter yourself.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT