ADVERTISEMENT

WCAL Game Tuesday 2/12/19

I agree, but not much else out there that is better than the wcal teams. Do you just put in another team just because? Doesn't make sense.

I haven't seen Menlo or Palo Alto to make that call but they both have good records. I've seen ESP and they can compete with SF, SI and Pres.

Reactions: OnBall8
St. Francis is an open team. 4 year varsity PG and a D1 post player as well as other pieces, 9 sr's and some kids capable of being physical. It's not like they got blown out 8 straight games in WCAL other than Mitty which was decided is already in a league of their own. St. Francis should be an open CCS team.

Reactions: Winning Is Fun
This year, the CCS Open Division should be eight private/parochials. There is no public capable of handling, let alone beating, the top eight private/parochials at this point in the campaign. The records, head-to-head scores, SOS, etc. all verify that thesis.

6 WCAL plus Pinewood and Menlo, but only because they are 2nd in WBAL. It could have been escp if they would have gotten a win vs Menlo. 2 close losses in league.

Looks like you have to wait for the replay. I watched the end live.

Cityboy, what happened???
Slow second quarter. The Irish dug themselves a hole and couldn't get back out of it. Great game overall. SHC is just young and inexperienced at the end of the day. They fought hard and lose 2 seniors so they will be back in the mix the next 2 years.

Guess the excessive celebration from their last game didn't come back to bite them after all.
Your right it didn't. While were talking remind me the last time SF won or played in a state championship? Matter of fact how many State or Nor Cal championships do they have?

Your right it didn't. While were talking remind me the last time SF won or played in a state championship? Matter of fact how many State or Nor Cal championships do they have?
None. Maybe that's why they were so excited when the beat SHC earlier in the season. Perhaps the celebration wasn't so over the top when you beat a multiple state champion and former national champion.

Hahaha. Can you just take your loss like a man? You lost. Get over it. It's a what have you done for me lately world.

They needed to win tonight to keep playing, and they couldn't do it. The pg you annointed as their savior couldn't get them there. She had a few huge shots tonight, but they couldn't bring it home.

They both played hard till the end. The better team won.

Hahaha. Can you just take your loss like a man? You lost. Get over it. It's a what have you done for me lately world.

They needed to win tonight to keep playing, and they couldn't do it. The pg you annointed as their savior couldn't get them there. She had a few huge shots tonight, but they couldn't bring it home.

They both played hard till the end. The better team won.

Take my loss like a man? I didn't get on here and say anything to anybody but if you knock I'll definitely answer. Like I said to you in my previous post they just couldn't pull it out. I didn't make any excuses for them about the game. They lost the game lol. What else is their to say? Just like I don't gloat when they win.

Milan is 60% at best. Cuddos to her for even attempting to get out there and give it a go. I don't have a horse in this race yet but I will soon enough and we will definitely revisit these conversations :)

None. Maybe that's why they were so excited when the beat SHC earlier in the season. Perhaps the celebration wasn't so over the top when you beat a multiple state champion and former national champion.

If that's what their program is shooting for go for it! Let's talk once they are hanging a banner. Not when they beat a program that everyone knows is rebuilding. Again, great win for SF. Good luck to all the WCAL teams moving forward.

Take my loss like a man? I didn't get on here and say anything to anybody but if you knock I'll definitely answer. Like I said to you in my previous post they just couldn't pull it out. I didn't make any excuses for them about the game. They lost the game lol. What else is their to say? Just like I don't gloat when they win.

Milan is 60% at best. Cuddos to her for even attempting to get out there and give it a go. I don't have a horse in this race yet but I will soon enough and we will definitely revisit these conversations :)

Hey you're the one asking when is the last time sf won anything, not me. Glad southbay had an answer for you.

Tuttle played great. Came up big. Just not enough.

Wcal is head and shoulders above all in this state as a league. Could be top 5 in the nation. Fun watching these teams battle.

Hey you're the one asking when is the last time sf won anything, not me. Glad southbay had an answer for you.

Tuttle played great. Came up big. Just not enough.

Wcal is head and shoulders above all in this state as a league. Could be top 5 in the nation. Fun watching these teams battle.

Again, I didn't get on here and start a conversation. YOU asked me what happened. So I responded. Had you not mentioned me I wouldn't be on here. Just like I didn't get on here and gloat about the win at VC. We keep it classy over here......I already knew the answer to the question I asked but people on here doing a little to much so maybe they needed to be reminded. Let's not be band wagon fans. Nobody posted anything about sf during that losing streak lol. C'Mon son we can do better than that. I'll always cheer for my alma mater win, lose, or draw. #GoIrish

Again, I didn't get on here and start a conversation. YOU asked me what happened. So I responded. Had you not mentioned me I wouldn't be on here. Just like I didn't get on here and gloat about the win at VC. We keep it classy over here......I already knew the answer to the question I asked but people on here doing a little to much so maybe they needed to be reminded. Let's not be band wagon fans. Nobody posted anything about sf during that losing streak lol. C'Mon son we can do better than that. I'll always cheer for my alma mater win, lose, or draw. #GoIrish

Actually I have talked about their losses. You're right. I wanted your input because I figured you were there.

It looks like Uyehara and Grizelj had good games. Those two are the keys for success for sf.

Again, a great game to watch.

Not when they beat a program that everyone knows is rebuilding.

Everyone now knows they are rebuilding, but I seem to remember hearing how they were going to be the top seed in NorCal D1 this year, even as the losses began piling up. So not everyone knew this in mid season.

Everyone now knows they are rebuilding, but I seem to remember hearing how they were going to be the top seed in NorCal D1 this year, even as the losses began piling up. So not everyone knew this in mid season.

I agree. They were highly ranked and their tough preseason schedule was supposed to get them ready for playoff time. No excuses then.

Looks like they misjudged their talent level. Missing their pg for most of the season didn't help either.

If Milan didn't go down they would have been. Go back through my posts and read them. My predictions of D1 seeding was prior to that injury. After that I predicted DII or III if they could make the post season. With the schedule they had with out her it was going to be tough. It is what it is sf won SHC lost. SHC is out and will be back next year. Nothing much more needs to be said.

Actually I have talked about their losses. You're right. I wanted your input because I figured you were there.

It looks like Uyehara and Grizelj had good games. Those two are the keys for success for sf.

Again, a great game to watch.

Well when you ask me and I respond how can you tell me to take my losses like a man? I'm confused. But no I was not there. I watched the game on line. Uyehara and Grizelj had good games, Uyehara for the most part. For some reason the SHC guards wouldn't force her left. The game came down to making plays at the end though. sf made their free throws and SHC didn't. sf came up with a big rebound off of a free throw and Grizelj had a big and 1 in the 4th. Both teams played well.

IMO SHC's schedule was a little over their heads this year but that's the way the program has played since Coach Russell has been there. I'm sure they will regroup. I just hope my sf fans keep this same energy next season after these 9 seniors are gone :). The roles may be reversed

Well when you ask me and I respond how can you tell me to take my losses like a man? I'm confused. But no I was not there. I watched the game on line. Uyehara and Grizelj had good games, Uyehara for the most part. For some reason the SHC guards wouldn't force her left. The game came down to making plays at the end though. sf made their free throws and SHC didn't. sf came up with a big rebound off of a free throw and Grizelj had a big and 1 in the 4th. Both teams played well.

IMO SHC's schedule was a little over their heads this year but that's the way the program has played since Coach Russell has been there. I'm sure they will regroup. I just hope my sf fans keep this same energy next season after these 9 seniors are gone :). The roles may be reversed

Yup. Rebuilding year for them next year for sure.

So is SF in the CCS Open Division bracket?

They should be now for sure. I would give them the 6 seed, but this panel will probably give them 7 because they don't want to see menlo play pinewood. It'll be a shame too because I would love to see 4 wcal teams battle it out again in open. Si-pres and vc-sf.

They should be now for sure. I would give them the 6 seed, but this panel will probably give them 7 because they don't want to see menlo play pinewood. It'll be a shame too because I would love to see 4 wcal teams battle it out again in open. Si-pres and vc-sf.
if YOU would give them a 6 seed, who would YOU give the 7th and 8th seeds to?

auto nor cal bid.. take your lumps and be grateful to still be playing
The CCS top 8 are:
Mitty
Pwood
Valley Christian
SI
Menlo
Eastside PRep
Presentation
St francis

Its really not rocket science....anyone that has seen teams play a few games.....

The CCS top 8 are:
Mitty
Pwood
Valley Christian
SI
Menlo
Eastside PRep
Presentation
St francis

Its really not rocket science....anyone that has seen teams play a few games.....

No way menlo and escp get ahead of 2 wcal teams. Maybe Menlo gets in front of sf, but not pres. Whoever replaces shc will be #8.

The CCS top 8 are:
Mitty
Pwood
Valley Christian
SI
Menlo
Eastside PRep
Presentation
St francis

I would think Palo Alto could be selected in place of ESP. Higher MaxPreps' ranking (63 to 91) and better record.

The CCS top 8 are:
Mitty
Pwood
Valley Christian
SI
Menlo
Eastside PRep
Presentation
St francis

ha you really think that the ccs committee has seen all of those teams play a few games each?? I'm not even convinced you have.... I agree with letsski but the only think working against those maxpreps rankings is they have menlo and SF ranked 3 and 4 in the CCS o_O lol

ha you really think that the ccs committee has seen all of those teams play a few games each?? I'm not even convinced you have.... I agree with letsski but the only think working against those maxpreps rankings is they have menlo and SF ranked 3 and 4 in the CCS o_O lol
"anyone that has seen a few games" implies that those that have. for those that havent? a few good resources for games
www.passthaball.com
www.shctvsports.com
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkNPdrSQ1c32ikfBMvPAHQw
https://www.norcalsportstv.com/ang
https://www.nfhsnetwork.com/

SH always plays one of the toughest non-league schedules. Seemed like they played every team ranked in the top 10! This year was a bad mixture of a team not quite good enough + Tuttle's injury and to no fault of their own a small league of 6 teams. A total of 10 games in league play leaves little margin for error since you are already down 2 wins vs Mitty. So now you have to win 5 of the next 8. Those are odds I dont like even with SH's pedigree/history.

I can tell you Im still proud of this team and they'll be back next year ready to go.

SH always plays one of the toughest non-league schedules. Seemed like they played every team ranked in the top 10! This year was a bad mixture of a team not quite good enough + Tuttle's injury and to no fault of their own a small league of 6 teams. A total of 10 games in league play leaves little margin for error since you are already down 2 wins vs Mitty. So now you have to win 5 of the next 8. Those are odds I dont like even with SH's pedigree/history.

I can tell you Im still proud of this team and they'll be back next year ready to go.

You hit the nail on the head. VERY tough schedule for this group. Every team on the schedule was ranked. I personally thing that rule needs to be changed and at large bids should be taken into consideration but until they do coaches have to schedule cup cake games to ensure they make the playoffs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT