ADVERTISEMENT

WCAL Game Tuesday 2/12/19

Yea busy weekend made it hard to get my predictions done in time.. I would have picked SI to get revenge last night. Sounds like 2 tough losses to their rival.
That now puts SI, Pres, VC and SHC all tied in a 4-way tie for 2nd. And SF rounds out the bottom at 2-5 which is still surprising to me.

I agree with your statement. We beat sf by the widest margin in wcal, but it seemed to me that they had the most talented team in the wcal other than us (Mitty). They should be doing more with the talent they have.

Agree on St. Francis. After Mitty, it is pretty even throughout the rest of the league but it is surprising St. Francis has been on the short end of the scoreboard.

Yea busy weekend made it hard to get my predictions done in time.. I would have picked SI to get revenge last night. Sounds like 2 tough losses to their rival.
That now puts SI, Pres, VC and SHC all tied in a 4-way tie for 2nd. And SF rounds out the bottom at 2-5 which is still surprising to me.
The SF and SHC rematch is tomorrow! Looking forward to this game. There was talk about SF's post-game celebration being excessive last time. Guess we will see on the court if SHC will get the payback this time around. Motivation for tomorrow night? Every game in league play means something, no easy games and no nights off.

Looks like VC is playing the best right now winning 5 out their last 6 and a 10 point loss to Mitty. SI, SF and SHC still have to play Mitty.
It looks like SHC needs to beat SF and VC to qualify for CCS and finish .500 in league. It also looks like they play them both at SHC which is a huge advantage for SHC. Tuttle should be back very soon I would think. I don't see them losing to SF or VC at home.

Looks like VC is playing the best right now winning 5 out their last 6 and a 10 point loss to Mitty. SI, SF and SHC still have to play Mitty.
It looks like SHC needs to beat SF and VC to qualify for CCS and finish .500 in league. It also looks like they play them both at SHC which is a huge advantage for SHC. Tuttle should be back very soon I would think. I don't see them losing to SF or VC at home.

I think they will beat sf, but i think they have to go to vc? Either way, I think vc wins that one.

You are right it is at VC, so that changes things a little for sure. Home team in WCAL does have some advantages. The travel time and sitting in traffic from SF to SJ and/or SJ to SF must suck!!

I agree with your statement. We beat sf by the widest margin in wcal, but it seemed to me that they had the most talented team in the wcal other than us (Mitty). They should be doing more with the talent they have.
hahahaha wait... 90% of your first 30 posts were about st francis or pinewood or about AM playing one of those teams... now AM is "us/we" to you??? You're a funny one

hahahaha wait... 90% of your first 30 posts were about st francis or pinewood or about AM playing one of those teams... now AM is "us/we" to you??? You're a funny one

Hah! Well I went there and so did my kids, so I know a lot about the opposition! I have many friends that have kids that go to those two schools and Bellarmine. I like talking about things I am familiar with! I have one more coming through and I assume she'll be a Monarch as well!

Hah! Well I went there and so did my kids, so I know a lot about the opposition! I have many friends that have kids that go to those two schools and Bellarmine. I like talking about things I am familiar with! I have one more coming through and I assume she'll be a Monarch as well!
a basketball player? because earlier in the year it definitely sounded like you were at all the SF games and accused me of hating and came to their defense multiple times.. starting with your first post about grizelj over the summer time.. smells fishy to me

Reactions: straightline50
a basketball player? because earlier in the year it definitely sounded like you were at all the SF games and accused me of hating and came to their defense multiple times.. starting with your first post about grizelj over the summer time.. smells fishy to me

I have NO ONE at Mitty now. That's why I don't need to go to their away games anymore. I know a majority of the parents at sfhs and a handful at Pinewood. I like attending both of their home games because of proximity to my house. I get defensive of the girls I watched playing growing up. What can I say. I am happy for any and all girls that get scholarships. It's hard enough to be able to live in this area. If you get your college paid for why hate? Unless your jealous. I am ecstatic for Jones, Blakes, Ortiz, Claros, Grizelj, Jump, Alstrom, etc. All these girls have been working their tails off to get to where they are so why throw hate? They have enough stress in their lives. Pat them on the back, wish them success in college, and hope that they show what Norcal is made of!

ha ok bud. I'll look for you in the stands next Friday cheering for both teams.

Just got real!

Friday's Matchups:
SI (3-4) @ AM (7-0): The monarchs were seemingly tired at the end of last week having had 4 games in an 8 day stretch, and 4 non league games in the month of January. Look for them to come out looking fresher in Feb. AM by 35.

Pres (3-4) @ VC (3-4):
Pres beat VC convincingly the first time but that was at home and long time ago. Valley is playing like a different team, and if Pres pulls it out again it'll be because Wade outcoaches McSwain. VC by 5.

SF (2-5) @ SHC (3-4):
The Irish pulled out a tough win on the road against a rival, I expect them to keep the train rolling and push SF even deeper into the cellar. SF needs to make some adjustments or could face the very real possibility of finishing 2-8 in league. Valley avenged their loss to SF with a win at home, I think SHC will do the same. SHC by 8

Reactions: Winning Is Fun
Don't take the scores too seriously ... Some teams may be resting people in preparation for playoffs while others are playing starters into the 4th quarter.

Don't take the scores too seriously ... Some teams may be resting people in preparation for playoffs while others are playing starters into the 4th quarter.

If you think pres is resting people against VC while playing for 2nd place in wcal you are DREAMING!

What does 2nd place in wcal get you? A trophy? A 3 seed in ccs open? What else?
Take out mitty and everyone has beaten everyone else in that league

Everyone is playing for 3rd place in CCS open except 2 teams. Mitty v Pinewood CCS open final Feb. 22nd SCU.... Get your ticket.

Everyone is playing for 3rd place in CCS open except 2 teams. Mitty v Pinewood CCS open final Feb. 22nd SCU.... Get your ticket.

These kids play 2 times a week. No one is resting. Vc is playing well right now. They started off slow, but they are coming on strong right now.

This isn't the nfl or nba. They only play 24 games in 3 months. Rest? Hah!

Everyone is trying to stay out of that 7/8 seed in open for exactly the reason you said: mitty/pinewood. NO ONE wants to face them in open. All the more incentive to win now.

I thought you were a mitty fan? Then you should know how tired a normal team would be right about this time in the season. Mitty isn't a normal team. They are bigger and deeper than most. But they still had a brutal January with 3 three game weeks. It isn't 24 games in 3 months. Go ask some of your mitty kids how their legs felt at the end of January. Rest would be wise for most teams and players headed for the playoffs.

What does winning now do? You didn't answer what 2nd place in wcal gets you? Or 3rd or 4th in CCS open?
Look at who is going to be in Norcal D1 this year. Some very good teams.

Last edited:
I thought you were a mitty fan? Then you should know how tired a normal team would be right about this time in the season. Mitty isn't a normal team. They are bigger and deeper than most. But they still had a brutal January with 3 three game weeks. It isn't 24 games in 3 months. Go ask some of your mitty kids how their legs felt at the end of January. Rest would be wise for most teams and players headed for the playoffs.
I'm talking about VC, not Mitty. Who are you saying is tired? Mitty is the fittest team in the area! College level endurance! Sue runs a tight ship and constantly rotates players in and out. More than any other team in the WCAL by faaaaaaarrr!!!

What does winning know do? You didn't answer what 2nd place in wcal gets you? Or 3rd or 4th in CCS open?
Look at who is going to be in Norcal D1 this year. Some very good teams.

I did answer it. Winning gets you out of playing Mitty or Pinewood in the first round. Why not have a better shot at making the open semis?!?!?!?! Coaches in the wcal don't rest when playing in division.

They are fit, but they are also the deepest and biggest team by far in the WCAL. Constantly rotating players in and out means that those fit players get to stay fresh. Mitty is subbing 6 footers for 6 footers, who else is doing that in this area? Every team is tired right now, including your fit mitty team. This is the hill that most normal teams have to get over.

I'm not sure what WCAL coach is jockeying for CCS open seeding? I'm sure most would rather be in their division with a chance to win a section championship instead of seeing Mitty or Pinewood in a 1st rd or semi final rd game.

I'm not sure what WCAL coach is jockeying for CCS open seeding? I'm sure most would rather be in their division with a chance to win a section championship instead of seeing Mitty or Pinewood in a 1st rd or semi final rd game.
Yea but if you lose in the division your out or norcal. If you lose in OPEN CCS you still go back down to your division. It's better to go OPEN CCS

Reactions: OnBall8 and letsski
When will SHCP/St. Francis be played? And what kind of gym conflict? Did they not know the schedule?

Reactions: Metro916
Not a scheduling conflict. SHCP couldn't get the divider in their gym to open. Would've made fast breaks tough.

I heard its rescheduled for the day before the seeding meeting. Will this affect the AM game on Tuesday as well?

Also, if you think coaches are resting players while jockeying for positions that are very far from set in stone, then you really don't know the WCAL and coaches that are in it. The "old timers" in Phillips, wade and mulkerrins don't take games off. The other 2 newer coaches in polizo and mcswain are still trying to prove themselves so I don't see them resting, especially when sf is in danger of getting last. And laryan, while on the newer side, has already proven himself as a winner and competitor. I just don't see it.

Who finds it peculiar that you can't find someone to pick up a drape in the gymnasium this day and age? Shc needs to win 2 of 3 to get in and their pg won't be cleared until this week. Freshman and jv teams played in old gym.

Smells awfully fishy to me.....

Reactions: observer22
Who finds it peculiar that you can't find someone to pick up a drape in the gymnasium this day and age? Shc needs to win 2 of 3 to get in and their pg won't be cleared until this week. Freshman and jv teams played in old gym.

Smells awfully fishy to me.....

No worries. Beat 'em anyway. Complaining won't get it done. Sorry. Life isn't fair.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT