ADVERTISEMENT

Week 4 scores - 09/14 - 09/16

DLS with QB keeper for 84 yard TD run. DLS definitely came to play. I’m surprised the Rams are not throwing the ball when down 2 TDs, now down 3 TDs, 24-3 Spartans. Credit DLS’s defense.

Reactions: THEOC89
Final Orland 47 Shasta 14 according to Maxpreps. Shasta final met their match and more.

Last edited:
Reactions: carlmerritt
Casa ain’t done yet…. quick drive for a score but bad snap on the conversion makes it 24-13.

9:24 left.

Pinnick pass to #10 left flat, he jukes a couple guys, breaks a tackle or two and gets it to the 2….

Crazy side to side run play scores right after…

31-13.

Huge kick return by Casa…. stumbled on the DO 17, couldn’t quite stay up for the apparent TD…

Coulda had it.

Reactions: RidgeRider

Turlock starting QB out, had trouble moving ball all night. Teams tied 14-14 in 4th quarter and CV gets an interception at mid-field and eventually scores. Ensuing kickoff is returned by Turlock to about the CV 40 but they fumble on the first play. They eventually get the ball back but can't convert 4th down on own 20 with less than 2 minutes left. They did manage to keep CV out of the end zone again as their diminutive running back, who tormented them all night, was stopped on the 1. As I suspected, Turlock starts out 0 -5 with blow-out losses to Rocklin, Clovis West, and Folsom, and a close loss on the road at Central that they could have won. This game was close too and could have gone either way. Their conference schedule will be considerably easier.

Tracy-Rocklin might be a very interesting match up after seeing the Bulldogs steamroll Downey, 43-13. Bulldogs’ offense is run based but their QB also can throw. Their sophomore, B Goularte is a real playmaker.
It didn’t help that Downey still has several key injuries, including starting QB C Lamb (which necessitated star receiver Joseph Ramirez being switched to QB), starting running back E Tamayo, and sophomore receiver M Thurmon. Knights have a bye week next week, then begin CCAL play against Pitman, followed by Modesto, and then Turlock. At this point, it’s looking like the CCAL title once again will be determined by the winner of the Turlock at Downey game on Friday, October 13.

In some ways I think the BYE week had a negative impact for St. Mary’s. Before the game, one of the players dads was sharing with me that the Rams have inserted some new plays given the time they had to prepare for this game vs DLS. The SM coaches on the sidelines were not happy. You could hear one of the coaches going over the plays on the TV monitor on the sidelines saying, “we just practiced this last week!” while pointing out mistakes they had made. Their offense was definitely off tonight. I’m still bewildered as to why they didn’t throw the ball as much like they did during the last series where they scored their lone TD. It felt like that is what the offense was supposed to do, but they couldn’t do it, relying much on Hunkin running the ball. Gotta credit DLS’s defense, especially their secondary for taking away the Rams aerial attack early on. But, I can say that Hunkin was not throwing as well as he normally does having either overthrow or underthrow his WRs early on. It wasn’t like he did not have much time. It was as if his confidence wasn’t as high or he just couldn’t find the open WR. Again, credit DLS’s secondary. 10 points is just not going to do it. Field possession was much in favor for the Spartans. And stopping the Rams drive to start the 3rd and turn it around to score against them was key for the Spartans, not the Rams. Much kuddos to DLS! Maybe St. Mary’s needed this loss to best prepare for the playoffs. Just wasn’t their night and there will be many more big game opportunities coming up next week vs Bishop Amat and in the playoffs vs the likes of Del Oro, Rocklin, and maybe Manteca with Bryson Davis possibly back on the field. Still dealing with the shock … only 10 points!!! Ugh!

What’s up with MC’s line ? I’ve counted at least 13 sacks they have given up over the last 3 games……that’s not going to cut it
Did they win any if those games by chance? Relax Nancy, they will be fine!

It will be the end of the year after a a 13-0 run, another title and @MC415 you’ll walk into the gym and say, “New championship banner is hanging a little crooked, we suck.” 😂

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT