ADVERTISEMENT

Week 6 Scoreboard

Neither team is all that good.

Sans last season w/o Tremaine, this is the most underwhelming Folsom offense I’ve seen since their current run began.

Mack may have prototypical size, but I’m not impressed in the least.
Think we all need to lighten up a bit. Saying DLS and Folsom arent “good” and another regarded poster saying the Bulldogs are ‘terrible’ seems like knee jerk reactions.

This may be the most underwhelming DLS team in memory, but they’ll still likely be section champs. And Folsoms offense definitely isn’t up to the standards we hold them too, but if the top team (one of the top teams) in the SJS is ‘terrible’, what hope is there for everyone else?

as for Mack, I’ll take him on my team. He seemed pretty calm under pressure, and never had much time to throw. Put up pretty good balls most of the night, and didn’t make any awful plays (that I can remember). Long way to go, but kid seemed smooth

These are quality High School teams, no matter how you stack em up. Maybe they aren’t what we come to expect from these programs, but sheesh…let the kids shower before tearing them apart.

Think we all need to lighten up a bit. Saying DLS and Folsom arent “good” and another regarded poster saying the Bulldogs are ‘terrible’ seems like knee jerk reactions.

This may be the most underwhelming DLS team in memory, but they’ll still likely be section champs. And Folsoms offense definitely isn’t up to the standards we hold them too, but if the top team (one of the top teams) in the SJS is ‘terrible’, what hope is there to everyone else.

They are quality High School teams, no matter how you stack em up. Maybe they aren what we come to expect from these programs, but sheesh…

LL is a master of hyperbole. I usually give him $#!t for it, but not this time.

I just said that neither team is all that good. And I don’t believe that’s unfair or untrue.

I never used the word “terrible”.

If Oak Ridge is as good as their play has indicated and as good as LL believes — I don’t think Folsom is going to win section. And I think PIT can challenge DLS.

Watching the end of this Rocklin-Glacier Peak game right now.

Crazy turn of events.

GP led 14-0 at half and into Q4.

Rocklin scored twice late to tie.

GP had to punt from deep in their own territory and Rocklin blocked it out of the end zone for a safety to lead 16-14.

GP had to run an onside kick on the free kick and didn’t get it.

I just said that neither team is all that good. And I don’t believe that’s unfair or untrue.

If Oak Ridge is as good as their play has indicated and as good as LL believes — I don’t think Folsom is going to win section. And I think PIT can challenge DLS.
Fair.

you also said you aren’t impressed with Mack at all? Really? I watched last 3 quarters and don’t remember any bad passes By the kid. Not saying he didn’t have any, but only incompletions I remember were catchable balls, or balls that only the offense could make plays on. Thats rare at the HS level. On those big QB keepers he played smart, took what defense gave him and then went down before defense could hit him. Smart.
when DLS was in his face, he didn’t panic (Although Id agree he held ball a bit too long on occasion allowing a few sacks that shouldn’t have happened).

He wasn’t spectacular, but I found him to exhibit a lot of valuable traits - solid, smart, mistake free and did what was necessary to win a big game. And he is a Jr.

Rocklin takes a knee and wins 16-14.

A 16-point 4th quarter. After a power outage that lasted for close to 10 minutes.

Once the lights came back on, so did the Thunder offense.

1st play was a double pass TD.

Reactions: Santa Ball
Fair.

you also said you aren’t impressed with Mack at all? Really? I watched last 3 quarters and don’t remember any bad passes By the kid. Not saying he didn’t have any, but only incompletions I remember were catchable balls, or balls that only the offense could make plays on. Thats rare at the HS level. On those big QB keepers he played smart, took what defense gave him and then went down before defense could hit him. Smart.
when DLS was in his face, he didn’t panic (Although Id agree he held ball a bit too long on occasion allowing a few sacks that shouldn’t have happened).

He wasn’t spectacular, but I found him to exhibit a lot of valuable traits - solid, smart, mistake free and did what was necessary to win a big game. And he is a Jr.

I lost count how many times he held the ball too long and took sacks.

He’s very indecisive and couldn’t stretch the field. Lots of inaccuracy, especially during the 1st half.

Better QB play and Folsom might have run DLS off their own field.

Folsom’s defense is the best thing they’ve got going. DLS wore them down, as they typically do but on the whole the Bulldogs defense was pretty good and is driving this current team.

IMO Mack is getting the recruiting attention he’s getting not because he’s been exceptional but because he’s 6’5, 6’6 and the college scouts/coaches think they can coach him up. Maybe they will. But he’s not all that good right now. Nor was he last season, which is when Folsom took their dive before Tremaine rescued them.

Last edited:
Oakdale 51 Enoch 7 totally different team from earlier this year. Our transfer got to play 8n first game. I thought he was going to be new QB. But he is safety. And he likes to tackle! Came in at QB to throw a TD to starting QB. Oakdale is going to be fun to watch next couple of games. Last week 645 yards rushing. No passes.

Reactions: Streak One
Oakdale 51 Enoch 7 totally different team from earlier this year. Our transfer got to play 8n first game. I thought he was going to be new QB. But he is safety. And he likes to tackle! Came in at QB to throw a TD to starting QB. Oakdale is going to be fun to watch next couple of games. Last week 645 yards rushing. No passes.
Who is the transfer?

Rocklin takes a knee and wins 16-

A 16-point 4th quarter. After a power outage that lasted for close to 10 minutes.

Once the lights came back on, so did the Thunder offense.

1st play was a double pass TD.
Rocklin is now 4 -0 since losing to Turlock 14 - 7 in the first game. Turlock is 2 -3 with the three losses to Clovis West and Central, 4th and 5th ranked in the Central section in Maxpreps, and Manteca, 2nd in the Sac-Joaquin section in Maxpreps, (the games were not close), and a road victory over Clayton Valley Charter. That first win over Rocklin was a hard-fought game but not a fluke. I still think Turlock played too difficult of a non-conference schedule, as it was easily the second hardest in the southern half of the section after Central Catholic. But, the intent was to toughen up the team for the post season, as the league will not provide that, with the exception of Downey. They are undefeated but have played no one even close to Turlock's opponents. But, you play who you're scheduled against, and if they can come to Turlock and beat them then good for them. That's why they play the games.

Reactions: Santa Ball
Congrats to Coach Adhir and the team. Nice bounce back and season opening win for Riordan. First ever win in San Jose against the Warriors. Freshman QB Mike Mitchell did a great job managing the clock in the 4th and the Crusader D held off VC in the closing minutes.

Rocklin is now 4 -0 since losing to Turlock 14 - 7 in the first game. Turlock is 2 -3 with the three losses to Clovis West and Central, 4th and 5th ranked in the Central section in Maxpreps, and Manteca, 2nd in the Sac-Joaquin section in Maxpreps, (the games were not close), and a road victory over Clayton Valley Charter. That first win over Rocklin was a hard-fought game but not a fluke. I still think Turlock played too difficult of a non-conference schedule, as it was easily the second hardest in the southern half of the section after Central Catholic. But, the intent was to toughen up the team for the post season, as the league will not provide that, with the exception of Downey. They are undefeated but have played no one even close to Turlock's opponents. But, you play who you're scheduled against, and if they can come to Turlock and beat them then good for them. That's why they play the games.
Downey had a bye this week. One of the Defense coach from Downey sat with us at the Oakdale game. Downey has best D since John Kreffuls played there in my opinion. And they can move the ball. My son is Downey graduate so I have gone to a few games there! Not any knock on Turlock. CVC is an always tough team. Turlock went to their house and won. From what I have seen it should be good game.

Reactions: carlmerritt
Congrats to Coach Adhir and the team. Nice bounce back and season opening win for Riordan. First ever win in San Jose against the Warriors. Freshman QB Mike Mitchell did a great job managing the clock in the 4th and the Crusader D held off VC in the closing minutes.
Wow, first win for Riordan at VC? Big win for the Crusaders

I didn’t go to last nights Placer game vs Rio Linda because I already knew that this game was going to be a thrashing,and it was to the tune of 56-0.I’m not going to prop up the Hillmen on this one with an atta boy but rather say they did what was expected vs a team that has gone downhill since graduating all everything rb Cameron Skattebo now at Sac State.Rio Linda left the FVL this year in favor of West Park,a team that like Placer is also undefeated and are gearing up for a showdown in about 4 weeks.Placer,Lincoln and WP have yet to play each other...that’s when the excitement begins.
I instead stayed home and watched a great game between Folsom and DLS,and i’m glad I did.Congratulations to Folsom on repping the SJS with their victory vs an annual powerhouse from the NCS DLS.Bravo,Bravo 👏👏👏

Last edited:

TR, completely agree with you. Its nothing taking away from any team or kids but as a comparison the top teams in norcal aren’t on the same level as we’ve seen before and the reality is the SoCal teams are even better. (That’s a whole other issue)
When I watched the DO game against MA I said DO QB is the best HS one I’ve seen this year. He is amazing with his feet. Well guess what? He’s 6”0 180 so nobody is seeking him. Mack from Folsom looks like an NFL QB in warmups. Great arm and size. Tons of offers. But As it stand at least as a Hs QB Hes been one of Folsom’s least productive. I personally like the the kid and he’s only a jr but has a long way to go.

Oak Ridge is the real deal folks. Been around these parts a long time. And now you have one of best coaches in the state leading the program. Potential for huge letdown by Folsom as well. Don’t overlook the Trojans. They have few weaknesses and tremendous size/line play.

Neither team is all that good.

Sans last season w/o Tremaine, this is the most underwhelming Folsom offense I’ve seen since their current run began.

Mack may have prototypical size, but I’m not impressed in the least.
What an awful statement.

How many teams in NorCal are better than those two? How many teams are better than Folsom in the SJS?

What a jealous statement.

Oak Ridge is the real deal folks. Been around these parts a long time. And now you have one of best coaches in the state leading the program. Potential for huge letdown by Folsom as well. Don’t overlook the Trojans. They have few weaknesses and tremendous size/line play.
LOL. Folsom plays Oak Ridge next week after playing Pitt and DLS on the road.

Oak Ridge is coming off two graham crackers.

This is the super bowl for Oak Ridge and they don't have a shot. Folsom owns the foothills.

TR, completely agree with you. Its nothing taking away from any team or kids but as a comparison the top teams in norcal aren’t on the same level as we’ve seen before and the reality is the SoCal teams are even better. (That’s a whole other issue)
When I watched the DO game against MA I said DO QB is the best HS one I’ve seen this year. He is amazing with his feet. Well guess what? He’s 6”0 180 so nobody is seeking him. Mack from Folsom looks like an NFL QB in warmups. Great arm and size. Tons of offers. But As it stand at least as a Hs QB Hes been one of Folsom’s least productive. I personally like the the kid and he’s only a jr but has a long way to go.

I have always said it, in Nor Cal to be what a De La Salle was, the wins have to run off. A real streak needs to happen. With that said it is hard to compare Serra, Folsom, DLS to the South Powers. I mean hell when one team has 20 plus D1 players, it’s like if one of the three mentioned teams played a small D5 school, game wouldn’t even be close.

So what do we have, Serra, Folsom, and then a DLS team who doesn’t even come close to many DLS teams of the past. And what’s crazy to me is Serra didn’t beat or dominate either team, although they did win, and the second best team was on the ropes and had one last goal line stop happened, I find it interesting that this DLS team would be 2nd best in Nor Cal.

Now based on what you say Larry, if Oak Ridge does beat Folsom, then that would be impressive as they would move into the #2 spot.

QPR has a great hand in all of this at the end of the day, because neither of those three teams dominated in the biggest games they played.

Serra 17-12, 24-21
Folsom 23-15, 24-20
DLS 28-20, 35-3(Can’t compare either Serra or DLS against St Francis)

Problem I see is sure Serra 1, Folsom 2, DLS 3, but nobody has separated themselves to say we are truly the best team outside of bragging rights for Serra saying we beat them both.

Larry the door is open for Oak Ridge. Will they be the team that makes a statement. They are averaging 56 points a game on offense. And given up a total of 10 points. Is it their competition? Or on Friday do they put a stamp and say hey maybe we are the best team in Nor Cal. Might be the first game I ever watch on stream. OR can really shuffle things up. Especially if Serra gets upset one weekend, which happens in the WCAL quite often.

Reactions: THEOC89
I have always said it, in Nor Cal to be what a De La Salle was, the wins have to run off. A real streak needs to happen. With that said it is hard to compare Serra, Folsom, DLS to the South Powers. I mean hell when one team has 20 plus D1 players, it’s like if one of the three mentioned teams played a small D5 school, game wouldn’t even be close.

So what do we have, Serra, Folsom, and then a DLS team who doesn’t even come close to many DLS teams of the past. And what’s crazy to me is Serra didn’t beat or dominate either team, although they did win, and the second best team was on the ropes and had one last goal line stop happened, I find it interesting that this DLS team would be 2nd best in Nor Cal.

Now based on what you say Larry, if Oak Ridge does beat Folsom, then that would be impressive as they would move into the #2 spot.

QPR has a great hand in all of this at the end of the day, because neither of those three teams dominated in the biggest games they played.

Serra 17-12, 24-21
Folsom 23-15, 24-20
DLS 28-20, 35-3(Can’t compare either Serra or DLS against St Francis)

Problem I see is sure Serra 1, Folsom 2, DLS 3, but nobody has separated themselves to say we are truly the best team outside of bragging rights for Serra saying we beat them both.

Larry the door is open for Oak Ridge. Will they be the team that makes a statement. They are averaging 56 points a game on offense. And given up a total of 10 points. Is it their competition? Or on Friday do they put a stamp and say hey maybe we are the best team in Nor Cal. Might be the first game I ever watch on stream. OR can really shuffle things up.
Don't drink the Larry kool aid. He is WISHING for an Oak Ridge win because he is an OR fan.

OR hasn't beaten Folsom since Vietnma. It ain't happening. Those kids from Folsom own EDH kids.

LOL. Folsom plays Oak Ridge next week after playing Pitt and DLS on the road.

Oak Ridge is coming off two graham crackers.

This is the super bowl for Oak Ridge and they don't have a shot. Folsom owns the foothills.
This is the super bowl for Folsom as well because it will likely determine who wins the SFL and these kids /parents all know each other. Biggest game in norcal next week. Should be a great one.

Reactions: THEOC89
This is the super bowl for Folsom as well because it will likely determine who wins the SFL and these kids /parents all know each other. Biggest game in norcal next week. Should be a great one.
Folsom is played in so many big times over the years. OR is a blip on the radar and you know that.

Oak Ridge keeps it close. Folsom slowly chokes them out. It will be painful.

Folsom is played in so many big times over the years. OR is a blip on the radar and you know that.

Oak Ridge keeps it close. Folsom slowly chokes them out. It will be painful.
Get your ticket early pasty! The Hills will be Rockn!
OR needs to limit big plays. That is the thing that I’m most concerned with.

Reactions: pastyfastquick3
Don't drink the Larry kool aid. He is WISHING for an Oak Ridge win because he is an OR fan.

OR hasn't beaten Folsom since Vietnma. It ain't happening. Those kids from Folsom own EDH kids.
I am not drinking Kool Aid, again anything can happen. 3 stops and 1 failed stop, Kudos to Folsom for going for the kill versus OT. But it is hard to separate the 3 to me when the games are so close, so the door is open for Oak Ridge if they truly live up to the hype.

I am not drinking Kool Aid, again anything can happen. 3 stops and 1 failed stop, Kudos to Folsom for going for the kill versus OT. But it is hard to separate the 3 to me when the games are so close, so the door is open for Oak Ridge if they truly live up to the hype.
Folsom's non league schedule, combined with the league schedule, is the best in NorCal.

Marin Catholic 34 - @ Antioch 11. Another nice win on the road for MC against a school 3x it's size.

Last edited:
Marin Catholic 34 - @ Antioch 11. Another nice win on the road for MC against a school 4x it's size.
MC preseason very anemic though. Not as bad as oak ridge but MC needs to get a couple better games next year. This is one of the best programs in norcal.

Marin Catholic 34 - @ Antioch 11. Another nice win on the road for MC against a school 4x it's size.
Come on…. MC should be at least competitive with Antioch. You can’t equate enrollment from a private school in one of the wealthiest in the world to Antioch who has a highly diverse, in every way possible, population.

That said are you looking forward to the new leagues next year?

MC preseason very anemic though. Not as bad as oak ridge but MC needs to get a couple better games next year. This is one of the best programs in norcal.
It was better than CN though. CN just doesn’t seem the same. No Frosh program for a few years now? Just seems like it’s too expensive and the young families have moved to Sac/Idaho/everywhere. Marin is gaining some young families from SF.

It was better than CN though. CN just doesn’t seem the same. No Frosh program for a few years now? Just seems like it’s too expensive and the young families have moved to Sac/Idaho/everywhere. Marin is gaining some young families from SF.
Cronin leaving did hurt. CN has no QB this year and was in the game vs one of best programs in norcal last night. (St marys). I wouldn’t write them off yet. Still a very good team at d3-d4 level.

Folsom's non league schedule, combined with the league schedule, is the best in NorCal.
I don’t disagree with that. But honestly other Nor Cal teams need a change in the preseason schedule. It’s time the best teams hit the road and challenge teams across the country. I mean let’s be real here. Before this weekend Serra is 34, DLS 46, Folsom 54 nationally. Time to hit the road. DLS has hosted and traveled year after year. What is Folsom waiting for. Cause if the toughest schedule which you are correct in Nor Cal is traveling to DLS and Pitt and hosting Serra is supposed to separate who is best, well sorry, just not on par versus what the So Cal powers do.

Season is only halfway through regular schedule. Serra still top dog! Folsom, DLS, Pitt, are followed closely by a few outliners. fun, fun. fun.

I don’t disagree with that. But honestly other Nor Cal teams need a change in the preseason schedule. It’s time the best teams hit the road and challenge teams across the country. I mean let’s be real here. Before this weekend Serra is 34, DLS 46, Folsom 54 nationally. Time to hit the road. DLS has hosted and traveled year after year. What is Folsom waiting for. Cause if the toughest schedule which you are correct in Nor Cal is traveling to DLS and Pitt and hosting Serra is supposed to separate who is best, well sorry, just not on par versus what the So Cal powers do.
Can't comapre apples to oranges. SoCal schools are operating on a whole other level and explotiong things that are severly boderline.

I like what we have in NorCal. Much more pure HSFB. Let's keep it that way.

MC could play with plenty of d1 programs. I have no doubt they could have beaten st Marys last night. You can’t compare too Antioch. Maybe Liberty.
MC already beat 3 D1 schools this year and Nevada 5A school, Freedom and Logan will D1 playoff teams……the schedule isn’t anemic, but agreed not too exciting either

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT