ADVERTISEMENT

Windsor #1 seed in D2 goes down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think you said it best. Upsets are part of sports. Stuff happens. These are 16-18 year old kids. Always a dangerous game when you play a league rival. Just like when DLS plays MV. DLS heavy favorites this year but they always get more than they can handle by MV.

Observer, I'm not saying all teams should play a tough schedule to make the playoffs. I meant to say that if they don't they should be penalized with a lower seeding so they give up a pass to Norcals or whatever if/when they bomb out of the post season. I used the example of how Freedom played a tough schedule, got some really great high level wins, and somehow wasn't awarded the second seed in its division. Had it received that seeding, it would be moving onto Norcals, a well deserved consolation for a very good team that proved itself with a very challenging schedule. Instead, another team that played a much weaker schedule gets that honor. If seedings were schedule dependent such a disparity would likely not occur.

I hear you. Freedom did play a tougher schedule than DV, but again the loss to a team DV beat (CV) cost them. They can still make NorCal if both DLS and MV get pulled up to the Open. I know it's a long shot but it is possible.

I've never seen the team play, but in talking with a coach today, he mentioned that Windsor's 6'7 big man broke his foot last week, before the game, and is out for the season. Not sure what kind of factor he is, but it could explain why Windsor went the route of gunning from outside and playing against a usual strength.

I dont think that was a factor. The other time I saw Windsor this year also involved a lot of outside shooting. But the 6'7 soph and his twin brother should be big factors in coming years.

How many troll accounts has GS6 created by now? I'm thinking 2 in this thread alone. I'm surprised we haven't heard anything about how those backwards Windsor residents don't know that Panda Express is a chain.

Windsor had a tough pre league schedule as Larry Legend33 mentioned. Our league wasn't as strong this year which didn't help Windsor prepare for NCS. Also, it's difficult to beat a team three times. Monty played Windsor tough the last game as well. They packed it in and forced Windsor to shoot outside. Give Monty credit.
Travis is a good coach and he should be proud of a wonderful season. The Vikings are in good hands with two really good coaches in Zac Teideman and Brian Long. They like Mike Erickson (Piner) will get the most out of their players.
I see no reason to come on here and bash Coach Taylor. He's done a good job at Windsor and they had a good season. Upsets do happen and we are dealing with high school kids.

Coach McGill
Santa Rosa High

Playing a strong preseason schedule should have no affect in making the playoffs. There are many ways to get in. If a team can't go .500 in their own league one could argue they don't belong in the playoffs anyway. I remember when you had to win your league to go on to NCS.

gotta disagree with that, 2 of the remaining 4 D1 NCS teams are sub .500 in their league.
Berkeley and Castro Valley

I think it is comical that Montgomery people come on this site and take personal attacks on a coach in their league when one of their coaches was kicked off his high school team in his senior year. The jealousy that comes out of 1250 Hahman Drive in Santa Rosa is unbelievable. One of my favorite quotes is "win with class, lose with dignity". Montgomery fans should take a good hard look in the mirror before they come on here and blast everyone in their neighborhood. Congratulations on your win and good luck in the next round.

Reactions: NorCalSportsMom
We don't know that the trolls here are Monty people. Heck, I have one kid who graduated from Monty so I guess I'm one of them, and I have nothing but respect for Coach Taylor and the job he and his team did this year. Coach McGill, I like your team too. I posted that I thought you might take the #2 slot over CN this year; I was wrong about that, but you did make great strides and you've got a good foundation to build on going forward. But please turn the sound down in your building! Seriously, it's a health hazard. Your kids are at risk of developing tinnitus later on in life like I did from listening to too much loud music when I was that age.

We don't know that the trolls here are Monty people. Heck, I have one kid who graduated from Monty so I guess I'm one of them, and I have nothing but respect for Coach Taylor and the job he and his team did this year. Coach McGill, I like your team too. I posted that I thought you might take the #2 slot over CN this year; I was wrong about that, but you did make great strides and you've got a good foundation to build on going forward. But please turn the sound down in your building! Seriously, it's a health hazard. Your kids are at risk of developing tinnitus later on in life like I did from listening to too much loud music when I was that age.

Thanks, we lost a couple of close games to CN. Our league was down this year, but it's a tough league generally. Been a tough road trying to make a contender at Rosa. Good coaches with established programs that get a lot of talent. Coach Taylor is now part of that mix.

My hearing is probably so bad I don't notice how loud it is in our gym, but will turn the sound down. Thanks for the feed back.

Reactions: Quaffer
basketball credentials are not earned from simply coaching high school basketball and inheriting a breakfast joint from your pops. 3-23 shows that his credentials are about the same as everyone on here-next to nothing
^^Somebody's a hater!^^ Coach Travis is an amazing coach and he doesn't even coach my boy. I'd take him over Bonfigli and Tiedeman any day.

basketball credentials are not earned from simply coaching high school basketball and inheriting a breakfast joint from your pops. 3-23 shows that his credentials are about the same as everyone on here-next to nothing

I know it's a different sport but I was told that ex Casa Grande football coach O'Brien never played football. He did a good job as a coach. I think coaching football is harder than basketball but I could be wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT