ADVERTISEMENT

2015 Commits (D1,D1-AA, D2 and D3)

As for DLS guys, you've got Simba listed with the NW offer

The only other two seniors with offers are DB Javari Anderson (4 Pac12 offers+) and OL Drew Sullivan (Cal, New Mexico)

I'd expect Anderson to wind up at OSU, WSU, Cal, or Utah; I think Sullivan could go JC route (and am surprised he doesn't have more offers).

On Kyle Kearns, his rivals page list only an offer from Cal-Davis besides the SMU offer. I have never heard anything about his personality being a detriment, but that's a real thin list of offers for a guy that rivals has as 4* (5.8 rating) -- he was a top 15 or 20 national QB this year, so maybe there is something to it.

Pop, I too am surprised Sullivan doesn't have more offers. Could it be grades? One would think more predominantly running teams would be trying to scarf him up.

Regarding Kearns, Rivals is the only major recruiting site that has him as a four star. The other two have him as a three star. He doesn't have a ton of arm strength, but he has enough IMO. The biggest negative I see in his game is he's not too keen on getting hit. Nonetheless, he's a talented QB and it boggles my mind he doesn't have more offers.

Bubba- Kearns committed early and decommitted late. Most of the schools have one slot a year for QB's. He (and his dad) painted himself in a corner.

I heard a rumor that Sac State may offer Kearns. Is their system set up for a pro style qb or are they more of a dual threat system? When he initially decommitted I figured the new staff wanted a dual threat qb. Shortly after a different pro style qb Commited to SMU. Makes me wonder if SMU pulled the scholarship?

Bubba- Chad Morris was name Head Coach at SMU in December. I can 100% gurantee you this had everything to do with Kearns not going there. New coach and he probably looked at tape and said no thank you. Happens all the time.

Originally posted by Bubba3000:
Pop, I too am surprised Sullivan doesn't have more offers. Could it be grades? One would think more predominantly running teams would be trying to scarf him up.

Regarding Kearns, Rivals is the only major recruiting site that has him as a four star. The other two have him as a three star. He doesn't have a ton of arm strength, but he has enough IMO. The biggest negative I see in his game is he's not too keen on getting hit. Nonetheless, he's a talented QB and it boggles my mind he doesn't have more offers.
Heard that Cal pulled their offer -- a little ambiguous whether it was grades or just that they filled the spot with another kid

I think he's likely going JC (DVC?)

This one is a real head scratcher -- he may lack a couple of inches of ideal height, but he's an athletic 320#er that's been a very rare 3-year starter on the best OL in the country

I'm hearing Sully will go to DVC. I'm thinking it may be grades cause IMO he fits New Mexico system really well.

I'm hearing Sully will go to DVC. I'm thinking it may be grades cause IMO he fits New Mexico system really well.
I thought it was grades and was told they pulled the offer because another kid took it so who knows

I think he really wants to play Pac5, so would rather DVC a year (or two) than go to Albuquerque -- I have a remote connection with the Wyoming staff and offered to push that and was told he wouldn't be interested

I have no idea what WSU, OSU, ASU, Utah, Colorado, or UA are thinking -- I think Sully has a shot to play on Sundays and none of those schools are sending a pipeline of OL to the NFL

Nothing against Sully but as he moves up the ranks I think his short arms may pose a problem.

Nothing against Sully but as he moves up the ranks I think his short arms may pose a problem.
Possible and I'm not capable of getting into the semantics w/ you on OL

I'm colored a lot by a conversation I had a year ago where a credible, long-time DLS insider opined to me that he thought there were 4 guys on this (2014) team that will play on Sundays:

McKenzie (pre-transfer)Sully (as a center)BossDevin (as a TE)
I don't remember what side of the ball he had Boss on -- DL I'd guess

This guy isn't known for hyperbole, so I'm just surprised at the relative lack of interest in Sully

75% isn't bad. We are talking about three 5-stars and one 3-star. Big difference. I think Tagaloa projects best on defense. Not overly tall but explosive.

I think that's the negative on Sullivan, he doesn't look explosive. Doesn't move people quite like a Frederickson from Freedom. When I say people I mean good defensive tackles. Didn't look that spectacular against Pitt.

Sutter has 2 offensive tackles going to Sac St. And Ty Prince Wr/KR looking like Wyoming at this point. Possibly 2 more players making decisions soon. They all have multiple offers but these are looking like their choices as of now.

The Pac-12 teams, by and large, like their linemen tall, athletic and with long arms.

Stom, Las Lomas/DVC, didn't fit the "mold" two years ago when he graduated from Las Lomas. He played at DVC this past year and is now a mid-year at Nevada. He deserves it, and Nevada has a special player and young man in Stom. I hope the same for Sullivan. He looked very sold in the State Championship game against Centennial.

Speaking of Nevada I find it really interesting that according to 247Sports rankings, their highest rated verbal commit Taylor Powell from Arizona de-committed last Thursday evening, re-opening his recruitment. The inside linebacker verbally committed way back in July. Any stories regarding unr recruiting practices before and since Polian's arrival?

Bubba, that's a real blow for Nevada. I've heard nothing but good things regarding Nevada. The few kids I have spoken with have all come away impressed with Polian and his staff.

I know a kid with multiple offers that was offered by them in early spring and his old man told me he and his son took an unofficial visit there four months later. I was told the coaches and players had a good vibe. The kid tried to commit a couple weeks after visit and was told "we can't promise anything". Kid went on to have a great senior season with no contact at all from their staff. Shortly after their bowl loss the recruiting coach called the kid and said there may be a roster spot but was not encouraging him to commit. Makes me wonder if lack of love is why their highest ranked prospect just decommitted?

Bubba - I know of several instances where UNR pulled their "offers" from kids in shady ways. From what I've seen first hand I'm not a fan of their recruiting practices.

In theory roster spots are supposed to be on a first come basis but it doesn't always appear to work that way.

Another from Saint Mary's Berkeley:

Noah Richards to Denison University - Ohio (D3)

That makes 4 seniors so far. Not bad for a smaller program.
This post was edited on 1/14 2:27 AM by Ballaz28

4 is very good, there are some good D1 hs teams only sporting one or two recruits.

You can add a 5th for SMB.

SS Nelson White - Briar Cliff University in Iowa (NAIA D2)

There are two more setting up last minute trips. One in the Big Sky and another at a D2.

More on them later...

Just a little housekeeping request.

Some of the Saint Mary's Berkeley guys you just have listed as just Saint Mary's, which may cause come confusion with the other school in Stockton. People do it all the time.

So for the record:

Ben Schrider
Ron Smith
Aaron Mercadel
Noah Richards
Nelson White

...are all from Saint Mary's Berkeley.

Thanks
This post was edited on 1/19 8:40 PM by Ballaz28

Not a very good showing by the CCS, by the looks of things. I'm sure there are more, but.

After seeing Jared's quotes following the state bowl game, it seemed like Fresno State was the favorite if they offered. Good fit for both parties.

2014 DLS defensive back Kevin Griffin commits to Cal Poly. 2014 DLS defensive back Rosales is another big name commit, among others. This is shaping up to be a monster recruiting year for the Mustangs.

This post was edited on 1/23 8:43 AM by Bubba3000

Kearns going to pretty good D-1 school (I think).My son told me last night but didn't pay much attention.

Think Wake Forrest and Louisville in picture.
This post was edited on 1/23 12:19 PM by HAS

Just happened 15 minutes ago, you must have some great inside information
smile.r191677.gif

One of my favorite John MacKay quotes of all time when asked about recruiting his son to USC and later to the Tampa Bay Bucs. "I had a recruiting advantage......I slept with his mother........"

Grats, to you and your son. It does my heart good to see the tradition, of solid line play continue at Cal Hi.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT