ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Scores Thread

Cardinal Newman Dominates Benicia 7-1…

Redwood beat Ukiah 9-2, surprised at that score….

Great final matchup!…. I like CN and Janacelli in this, but I expect a close game…. Redwood is a very good team!….
Surprised at the Redwood score myself. I actually thought Ukiah would pull the upset.

Surprised at the Redwood score myself. I actually thought Ukiah would pull the upset.
I figured that would be a close game!

Speaking of upsets…. Do t look now but Mitty is up 6-2 over VC in the top of 5 with 2 runners on and 2 outs!…..

Wow... Big win for Mitty.

Newman handled Benicia 7-1 and Redwood beat Ukiah 9-2. Looks like a UCSB vs UCLA dual in the finals for D2 on the mound. Should be a dandy.

BTW, NCS nailed it.
D1 and D2 both top seeds advanced.

Personally I would like to have seen the D2 game played under the lights at Albert Park instead of at SSU during the day. Or even at night at Arnold Field or H-Town Rec.

ST Mary’s beats Rocklin 6-1 for the SJS D1 Title!….

Rocklin went up 1-0 in the 3rd then SM put up 6 straight runs…. Congrats to ST Marys…. A Class Team and Program!… Looking forward to see how they do in the Nor Cal Regional!,,..

Personally I would like to have seen the D2 game played under the lights at Albert Park instead of at SSU during the day. Or even at night at Arnold Field or H-Town Rec.
Yeah SSU has never been some great venue for either hoops or baseball. Would much rather have seen game at rec in Burg. Or bring back Doyle Park. :)

Reactions: bella123
Albert especially a cool venue..old school wooden everywhere. However ….
Both those fields have light standards in play and I doubt NCS wants the liability challenge of that.

Reactions: concrete17
Albert especially a cool venue..old school wooden everywhere. However ….
Both those fields have light standards in play and I doubt NCS wants the liability challenge of that.
Yes I really like the vibe of Albert. I have been to plenty of MCAL games and NCS playoff games (including finals) at Albert and have never seen one death or injury due to the light standard, its perfectly fine 😂

Reactions: larry legend33
SJS D1: St. Mary's beat Rocklin 6-1
SJS D3: Oakmont beat Central Catholic 3-0
CCS D5: Capuchino beat Santa Cruz 1-0
CCS D6: Menlo beat Lincoln-San Jose 3-1

DLS and Granada are battling hard right now. Score 0-0 bottom of 8th inning.
Top of 9th 0-0
Bottom 9th 0-0
Top of 10th 0-0
Bottom 10th 0-0
Top of 11th Game postponed till tomorrow - no lights at Monte Vista where the game is being played. The game will continue tomorrow (25th) 1PM @ Granada.

Last edited:
And Elk Grove vs Granite Bay having a stellar battle too. At least they are playing at Union Stadium where the field has lights.
End of 8th 3-3
Top of 9th 3-3
Bottom of 9th 3-3
Top of 10th 3-3
Bottom of 10th 3-3
Top of 11th 3-3
Bottom of 11th Granite Bay wins 4-3

Last edited:
DLS and Granada are battling hard right now. Score 0-0 bottom of 8th inning.
Top of 9th 0-0
Bottom 9th 0-0
Top of 10th 0-0
Bottom 10th 0-0
Top of 11th Game postponed till tomorrow - no lights at Monte Vista where the game is being played. The game will continue tomorrow (25th) 1PM @ Granada.
Good example of issue playing these games at HS stadiums. Great battle ongoing between two of the best teams we have this year

More Scores:

Branson beat Head-Royce 11-3
King's Academy beat Leigh 4-2
Mountain View beat Homestead 10-3

Reactions: FBAddict
Good example of issue playing these games at HS stadiums. Great battle ongoing between two of the best teams we have this year
Lots of spirit yesterday. Fans down both sidelines and kids hanging over the OF fences.
MV has arguably the best surface in EBAL, so slightly confused with this morning’s “long grass” comment in The Times.

Same article stated MV couldn’t commit to preparing the field so the game resumes in Livermore.
Just as well as the coaches boxes and the 45 running lane weren’t chalked.

Last edited:
I think part of the reason for the games during the day are that seniors can have senior prom on this Saturday night.

Reactions: observer22
Yes I really like the vibe of Albert. I have been to plenty of MCAL games and NCS playoff games (including finals) at Albert and have never seen one death or injury due to the light standard, its perfectly fine 😂
Agree. It’s just with a litigious society…..

I will say on a few occasions at Albert, that CF standard has such a big shadow underneath even base umps can’t see if over the fence in flight at times!

Totally!…. How do you start a Championship game at 5pm on a field with no lights?…. It’s a shame that a game like this is stopped and has to continue the next day….. Should have been on Sat in The first place…..

Not sure where it could be played though because none of the fields in the area have lights…. Maybe ST Mary’s College?….

I usually don't like pointing out issues without a clear solutions, but I guess I did LOL

I thought about St. Mary's or do any of the local JCs have lights?

I also feel that if you want to highlight teams and your section championships, the venues have to match the moment

SJS has two nice venues they use and CCS has a good venue too.

Reactions: THEOC89
I usually don't like pointing out issues without a clear solutions, but I guess I did LOL

I also feel that if you want to highlight teams and your section championships, the venues have to match the moment

The only one off the top of my head in this area that has light is LMC’s field near Downtown PITT….

My thing is if you don’t have lights in the area then hold the game on Saturday instead…..

The only one off the top of my head in this area that has light is LMC’s field near Downtown PITT….

My thing is if you don’t have lights in the area then hold the game on Saturday instead…..
Yeah this start a game on one day and finish the next day is terrible. So many variables now and the flow of the game is totally lost.

The NCS utilized San Marin for their softball finals. Why? Because SM has lights. It makes sense when you have 5PM start times.

Reactions: THEOC89
DLS @ Granada con't
Top of 11 0-0
Bottom of 11 0-0
Top of 12th, 0-0
Bottom of 12th 0-0
Top of 13th - these guys are so evenly matched and both teams are pretty consistent
Streaming problems on NFHSnetwork but updates still coming via X. Still 0-0 going into the bottom inning.
Bottom of 13th 0-0, quick inning...
Top of 14th - nice hit gets runners on 3rd and 2nd, two outs. Inning over, still 0-0.
Bottom of 14th (that 2 regular games worth of innings) two base hits in a row - but 2 outs.
Finally the game is over. Granada 1-0.
Both teams were amazing - And both teams should represent well in the Regionals.

Last edited:
Granada wins 1-0 in the Bottom of 14!!!…. DLS’s 33 game post season winning streak ends!!…. What a battle!!!

DLS had 2 runners on 2nd and 3rd with 1 out and couldn’t get a run home in the top of 14….

Last edited:

Partially true.
When the D1 (FB and BSB) finals were at the Coliseum it was an echo chamber cavern with 90+ % of the seats empty - kinda like A’s games!

Start time and no lights notwithstanding, having it at a smaller “but large enough for a final attendance” captures the essence of HS sports; e.g. D1 FB final at Dublin HS

Last edited:
Partially true.
When the D1 (FB and BSB) finals were at the Coliseum it was an echo chamber cavern with 90+ % of the seats empty - kinda like A’s games!

Start time and no lights notwithstanding, having it at a smaller “but large enough for a final attendance” captures the essence of HS sports; e.g. D1 FB final at Dublin HS
It is a fair point. The best locations are those where everyone can get in, but the place feels full. I like having them at colleges, but don't know of a good option for baseball in the Bay Area

It is a fair point. The best locations are those where everyone can get in, but the place feels full. I like having them at colleges, but don't know of a good option for baseball in the Bay Area
Evans Field holds about 2500, not sure why that could not be utilized?

Reactions: observer22
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT