ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Scores Thread

I believe that is the name for the field at Cal Berkeley….
I never knew that name... Tells ya how much I pay attention to college baseball... None. So, what's parking like there? I know parking is a total nightmare for basketball and football...

Reactions: THEOC89
I never knew that name... Tells ya how much I pay attention to college baseball... None. So, what's parking like there? I know parking is a total nightmare for basketball and football...
Same for parking. Terrible. At least with baseball for playoff games the UC’s school year is over by mid May so the campus is way less congested and empty.

Reactions: THEOC89
Maybe the CIF doesn't expect big crowds at baseball, even championship games, and thinks they'd lose money trying to do it at a Div. 1 university.... Apparently, that should change, maybe... Since I have never gone to HS baseball until just a few this season, I have no idea whether the fan interest is unusually high this year or not.

Most games during the reg. season, maybe all, are free to enter and watch.

It does have a different name, but I remember “Evan’s Field”…. Awful Parking but a really great Venue!….

The powers that be just need to schedule the games on Saturday…. The can pick the High School or JC stadium’s they hold the games at and finish them in the same day… You can’t have a Championship game that goes 14 days Ming’s finish over 2 days…. 🤣

Maybe the CIF doesn't expect big crowds at baseball, even championship games, and thinks they'd lose money trying to do it at a Div. 1 university.... Apparently, that should change, maybe... Since I have never gone to HS baseball until just a few this season, I have no idea whether the fan interest is unusually high this year or not.

Most games during the reg. season, maybe all, are free to enter and watch.
Yeah good stadium will draw a good crowd. Just went to the AIA final a few weeks ago at Diablo Stadium and crowd was about 5-6K and that was on a Tuesday night.

Division I

Granada beat Clovis West 2-1
De La Salle beat Rocklin 5-4
Mitty beat Granite Bay 8-2
St. Mary's beat Valley Christian 4-3

Division II

Cardinal Newman beat Chico 2-1
Elk Grove beat Kingsburg 5-0
Redwood beat Carmel 2-1
St. Ignatius beat San Marin 6-3

Division III

Oakmont beat Gridley 6-4
Christopher beat Liberty 12-4
Justin-Siena beat King's Academy 10-2
Central Catholic beat Atascadero 12-0

Division IV

Piedmont beat Capuchino 13-1
Colusa beat Casa Roble 8-1
Mountain View beat Leroy Greene Academy 8-4
Bradshaw Christian beat Branson 2-1

Division V

Menlo beat Redding Christian 8-0
Oakland Tech beat Lowell 5-4
Ferndale beat Etna 8-6
Woodland Christian beat Los Molinos 10-0

We had one D3 semifinal yesterday (I think due to a graduation at Justin-Siena today). Central Catholic beat Justin-Siena 1-0 as senior TP Wentworth tossed a no hitter with 14 strikeouts!
Not a bad way to end your high school career!

Mitty struggling with make throws to 2B and 3B for pickoff attempts, and wild pitch allows Rams to score first. It’s 1-0 in the bottom of the 3rd inning with runners on 1B and 2B and 1 out.

Reactions: FBAddict
Check swing ground out moves the runners and intentional walk loads the bases for St. Mary’s. Rams Esalante at bat with 2 outs and 0-2. Diving for ground ball up the middle and attempt to get the force out at 2B with continued sliding towards the base by Mitty 2nd baseman comes up short. Run scores and bases remain loaded. Score is now 2-0 Rams. Pop up ends the 3rd inning.

Reactions: FBAddict
Wow! I stepped away to go watch my grandson’s soccer practice and now caught up hearing Mitty hit a 3-run HR and have scored 2 more in the top of the 6th to take a 5-4 lead. Still 2 outs and runner on 2B threatening to add another.

Mitty scores again, up 6-4. Quedens (5 runs including 3-run HR) and Kobrin RHP (1 run) getting rocked, with Kobrin allowing another double.

Last edited:
Hardcastle with the strikeout to close it out! Mitty had the tying run on 3rd. Final score St. Mary’s 7 Mitty 6.

Heckuva an effort by Mitty to not just get back in the game but take the lead in the 6th.

Rams move onto the championship game vs #1 seed Granada.

Semifinals

Division I

Granada beat De La Salle 5-0
St, Mary's beat Mitty 7-6

Division II

Cardinal Newman beat Elk Grove 5-3
Redwood beat St. Ignatius 6-5

Division III

Oakmont beat Christopher 5-3
Central Catholic beat Justin-Siena 1-0

Division IV

Piedmont beat Colusa 5-0