ADVERTISEMENT

After major tech fails... NCS games @ Dublin

kiddman32

Hall of Famer
Nov 25, 2012
Lights went out just before game time... Delayed a few minutes...

Then it took me like 5 tries to get a signal working, moving around, etc.

Anyway... Moreau girls start fast, up 13-4 a bit past halfway thru the 1st.

Reactions: GBBall4L
17-8 Moreau to end the quarter.

#2 for Moreau has 8 to lead the scoring.

5:26 left in the half, it’s 22-12 Moreau...

Now 25-12 after #10 of Moreau sinks a long 3... Now 27-12... This could get ugly.

OK, THAT was odd... #10 of Moreau missed a front-end... Nobody seemed to realize the ball was live for a second... A Moreau player grabbed it off the bounce and laid it in for the easiest bucket ever... 29-15.

Long rebound by Moreau #10, she outruns everyone to the other end and lays it up... 33-16. 1:32 left in the half.

35-19 Moreau at the half... San Marin needs to find a groove, and quick.

Moved down low so I can get into it more... Signal test... C’mon, GTE thingy...

YAY! It went thru, so I can get into it a lil more :)

Moreau starts up where they left off.. a 3-ball by #10 followed by a steal... 38-19.

Terrific finish by Moreau #10, spinning to the hoop.... 44-24. And a stop, and an inside score... 46-24. 3:10 left.

Moreau #10 has 17, #2 has 16... Moreau now up 50-24, the butt-kicking is ON.

BTW, just looked on MaxPreps... Moreau’s #10, D. Maxie... is a freshman. Has loads of game!

Injury time out, San Marin player, can’t see which one... 58-26, 5:24 left. Trainer working on knee, player #15... She is helped off. Injury looks pretty bad, but I’m not a doctor, I just play one on NorCalPreps. :)

NCS D1 girls, coming up... Looks on the surface like a good matchup.

25-4 SRV is ranked #25 in CA and
24-5 San Leandro is ranked #83.

However, SL just beat American the other night while SRV lost to that squad back in December by 14... Otherwise, in the common-opponents category, both teams are undefeated... Both teams are playing well at the moment, long winning streaks are on the line.

SL starts a freshman, and no seniors... Young ballclub to look out for next year (as if they haven’t done enuff this year!).

SRV leads early, 12 points on a quartet of 3-balls to SL’s 7. 4:18 left.

BAM! Another 3 for SRV! And two more have been barely in-and-out. 15-9, 3:12 left.

SL’s freshman nails a 3... 15-13. Def. looks like a baller.

Quarter ends, SRV leading 15-13.

SRV again with a 3... 18-13... A steal, and guess what? A 3... 21-13. They get a stop... and another 3 goes up... BAM! 24-13 on eight 3’s... amazin’

Aw, darn... SRV scored a 2. :). SL with a 3, SRV with a driving floater for 2.... 28-17. 3:54 left in the half.

SL can sink 3’s, too... 28-20.

Time out SRV, 2:44 left in the half.

TERRIFIC follow-the-shot putback by #34 of SRV, but SL goes the length of the floor for a quick score... then SRV’s #3 nails... a 3. :). 33-23.

And that’s the half. Pretty amazing display of long-range makwomanship...

The long-range bombfest continues... 3 treys, a length-of-the-floor drive, and a putback or two... All adds up to 13-2 run for SRV. 3:44 left in the 3rd, 46-25.

End of 3... 54-35 SRV. I think they’ve made 13 or 14 3’s... #5 leads the scoring with 26.

Time out SRV, up 58-40 with 4:13 left... Coach has been trying like heck to tell ‘em to slow down... Too many early-clock 3’s being taken.

60-44 now, 2 min. To go... Better possessions now, using clock... And that’s gonna be the final.

SRV is NCS D1 champs... Darn nice team!

SRV Santich #5 made 8 three pointers. Gerhart #12 had 14 rebounds (yep, the point guard had 14 boards). San Leandro played hard, but never quite figured out you can't play help defense against SRV. Too many shooters waiting on the perimeter with hands up.

Reactions: dnambisan
They dominated a darn good San Leandro basketball team. That was unexpected.
San Ramon was awesome. They had a great plan for San Leandro’s big Post Player (55 I think) and the rotations on defense were as good as I have seen from even the best teams. SL was getting shots but San Ramon did a great job contesting. What we love about this team is they do it all without a real superstar. There is no D1 recruit ( I don’t believe there is but I don’t know the team that well. ) they can’t recruit like the privates or like a Miramonte does and yet they find ways to win and are so fun to watch. Whatever the recipe is, that coach knows how to cook it. Congrats to San Ramon players and coaches . Watching this game reminded me of how much our girls(JLHS) need to work to get back to the top.
When will they announce the Nor Cal matchups? Fingers crossed we get our league winner American in one of the brackets!

NorCal brackets will be up soon, maybe even being in set up process by the cif website already... In any case, I’d be surprised if they weren’t up by 7 or so at the latest.

btw, I’d be flat amazed if American didn’t get in... reallllllllllllllyyyyyyy amazed.

btw, I’d be flat amazed if American didn’t get in... reallllllllllllllyyyyyyy amazed.
It would be a travesty if American is not in D1 and pretty high up there. Only two losses all season, the most recent of which was to San Leandro (6 losses) by only 8 points.

Did SRV have a bigger crowd at Dublin? Just want to know if I guessed right ...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT