ADVERTISEMENT

Rocklin vs. Folsom, now what.

Remc, i'm not sure if you were aware but Rocklin played their backup qb as well. That's a big factor for their offense, or arguably any team.
No didn't know about the Rocklin QB. Ok. Yeah, it would be a factor . Quite a beating. Saw Rocklin highlights on TV. Defense looked athletic, fast, and physical

Rocklins win would have been more impressive if the Folsom starter at QB had played. Given the type of sophisticated passing offense they run, not having Tremain at QB was huge. That's a big factor that people are ignoring. Rocklin might still win, but not 40-7 IMO

I agree, losing Tremain was a big blow, clearly.

But let’s not forget that Rocklin was minus their starting QB Kenny Lueth too, which is also a big deal. IDK if you’ve seen Lueth play but he’s a player. A 6-5 strong armed QB that can run it a little bit.

I agree that the outcome most likely wouldn’t have been 40-7. But the way both teams had been playing, I believe Rocklin wins regardless.

Of course things can certainly change over the next few weeks if the teams meet again. We’ve seen that happen before. But on the night they did play 12 days ago, one player for Folsom wasn’t making enough of a difference IMO — even the QB.

Reactions: Santa Ball
Rocklin won with a short handed Folsom team. It was the first EVER win by Rocklin against Folsom.

Shameful.

But let’s not forget that Rocklin was minus their starting QB Kenny Lueth too, which is also a big deal. IDK if you’ve seen Lueth play but he’s a player. A 6-5 strong armed QB that can run it a little bit.

I agree that the outcome most likely wouldn’t have been 40-7. But the way both teams had been playing, I believe Rocklin wins regardless.

Of course things can certainly change over the next few weeks if the teams meet again. We’ve seen that happen before. But on the night they did play 12 days ago, one player for Folsom wasn’t making enough of a difference IMO — even the QB.
What are the chances of a playoff rematch?

Haven't seen Lueth play, but sounds like he's got measurables at 6'5". Haven't seen Rocklin in person, but looks like they're worth the drive.

What was truly shameful was Foolsome’s defense. Foolsome couldn’t stop the run vs DLS and looked pathetic against Rocklin. The score could have been much worse than it was.
Kind of reminds me of DLSs defense getting sliced up against mighty St Francis.

What about all the open enrollment kids?
Not sure if the waterboy or cheer captain r considered open enrollment students but kidding aside, I could be misinformed but Rocklin like Whitney used to be very stringent with neighborhood enrollment. What exactly are you referring to, has something changed?

Reactions: THEOC89
Not sure if the waterboy or cheer captain r considered open enrollment students but kidding aside, I could be misinformed but Rocklin like Whitney used to be very stringent with neighborhood enrollment. What exactly are you referring to, has something changed?
Let me check on this real quick, brb

Haven't seen Lueth play, but sounds like he's got measurables at 6'5". Haven't seen Rocklin in person, but looks like they're worth the drive.

They are a good team. They have a physical element to them and play stingy defense. IMO they don’t run the ball as well as a top team should, and their offense is better with Lueth in the lineup.

As I said before, while this team is among Rocklin’s best ever it is not as good as their 2009 team. If they can manage to win section, it’ll be interesting to see how competitive they can be against St. Francis, Serra or DLS.

If they somehow upset one of those teams, I don’t see them faring very well against whomever reps the South in the Open game. And maybe not even the top D1 game.

But if they are going to advance far, they certainly need Lueth back healthy and playing well.

What are the chances of a playoff rematch?

I should think pretty good. IDK how long Tremain is out. But even if he is out for a bit longer or even for the season, his backups are only sure to get better and Folsom has a ton of talent. IDK that there is another team in D1 that can bother them as Rocklin did. Maybe St. Mary’s? IDK.

If I were betting on it, I’d have Rocklin and Folsom in the D1 Finals. But there’s a reason they play the games out on the field and not on paper. So we shall see.

Reactions: WWHS44 and THEOC89
I should think pretty good. IDK how long Tremain is out. But even if he is out for a bit longer or even for the season, his backups are only sure to get better and Folsom has a ton of talent. IDK that there is another team in D1 that can bother them as Rocklin did. Maybe St. Mary’s? IDK.

If I were betting on it, I’d have Rocklin and Folsom in the D1 Finals. But there’s a reason they play the games out on the field and not on paper. So we shall see.
I'd like to see that rematch

They are a good team. They have a physical element to them and play stingy defense. IMO they don’t run the ball as well as a top team should, and their offense is better with Lueth in the lineup.

As I said before, while this team is among Rocklin’s best ever it is not as good as their 2009 team. If they can manage to win section, it’ll be interesting to see how competitive they can be against St. Francis, Serra or DLS.

If they somehow upset one of those teams, I don’t see them faring very well against whomever reps the South in the Open game. And maybe not even the top D1 game.

But if they are going to advance far, they certainly need Lueth back healthy and playing well.
Agree with TR. I was in stands for the beatdown of Folsom and I really don’t think it matters who played at Qb for Folsom. Rocklin is so superior physically and Folsom as we know doesn’t like to win in the trenches. Rocklin could have easily won that game by even a bigger margin. They missed so many long passes.

I have watched both QB's play. Tremain is a pretty good read option QB but Lueth is a better overall QB. He as a good arm and can run. He lit us up with his legs and arm. He created issues for our defense because he could do both. Lots of times at this level a QB only is strong in one of those two areas.

Tremain is probably the weakest Folsom QB I have seen in the past 8 seasons. He's fast and can run but arm is not next level and he's helped by a couple of good receivers and good play calling. Still, they lit us up but Lueth is better and I was sorry he was injured in our game as bad as he was on that play.

Folsom still gets throttled if Lueth and Tremain had both played. Rocklin is too physical for the blue field bunch as they are not what they used to be, meaning softer on the line.

I have watched both QB's play. Tremain is a pretty good read option QB but Lueth is a better overall QB. He as a good arm and can run. He lit us up with his legs and arm. He created issues for our defense because he could do both. Lots of times at this level a QB only is strong in one of those two areas.

Tremain is probably the weakest Folsom QB I have seen in the past 8 seasons. He's fast and can run but arm is not next level and he's helped by a couple of good receivers and good play calling. Still, they lit us up but Lueth is better and I was sorry he was injured in our game as bad as he was on that play.

Folsom still gets throttled if Lueth and Tremain had both played. Rocklin is too physical for the blue field bunch as they are not what they used to be, meaning softer on the line.

I agree with your assessment and comparison of both QB’s, but didn’t want to come off as harsh.

Although I do think Folsom was a lot better offensively when Tremain was healthy and playing and that does make a difference.

How much of a difference is anyone’s guess.

I definitely appreciate your perspective and opinion as an opponent of both. I do find it interesting

Hey Ridge, I noticed Folsom is playing Granite Bay tonight. Given Folsom's QB woes right now, do you think GB can win that game? Has OR played both teams already? What do you think?

Hey Ridge, I noticed Folsom is playing Granite Bay tonight. Given Folsom's QB woes right now, do you think GB can win that game? Has OR played both teams already? What do you think?
Well, these games are hard to predict and games can open up and get lopsided when they really shouldn't have, just because, as you know, kids get down, but I thought Granite Bay was pretty good when we played them. We had just come off a 4 game win streak, so we went into that one pretty fired up but their defense stifled us, which at the time, was a bit easier to do as we seemed pretty limited in some ways offensively partially due to a new system that is getting better as the kids learn it and the OC knows more about the kids is doing a really good job.

Granite Bay is not as good as Rocklin, that is clear, but they're pretty darn good. I think they'll give Folsom a game but I would expect Folsom to win and depending upon how the game opens up, or doesn't, it could be a close game.....or it might not be if GB gets down mentally and then far enough away to stop playing hard. That's often what happens when SFL teams play Folsom in the past and then the scoreboard looks like a boat race at the end.

I like GB's tough nosed mentality. They have a couple of really good athletes and I think their QB was pretty good and could run a bit. Granite Bay has a punchers chance if they can out physical Folsom and punch them in the nose early. GB has played a tough schedule too so they should be hardened for battle. My worry for GB is can they take away Flores (he can be stopped with a disciplined athletic corner), and the TE, and then getting pressure on the Folsom QB. We could be surprised tonight. I am pulling for the Grizzlies on this one.

Last edited:
Please stop with your predictions. You have not been right one time and I would like to see someone besides DLS in the open.
I wouldn't mind seeing another team in the Open besides DLS. But they would be there because they EARNED it. Not because people are tired of DLS being in the Open. Because they actually beat DLS in a playoff game. St Francis beat them in the regular season. But what happens if SF loses to Serra next week? Then what? And then they end up playing each other again in the CCS playoffs? Then one or both play DLS in NorCals? Distinct possibilities all

Reactions: Humbab
I wouldn't mind seeing another team in the Open besides DLS. But they would be there because they EARNED it. Not because people are tired of DLS being in the Open. Because they actually beat DLS in a playoff game. St Francis beat them in the regular season. But what happens if SF loses to Serra next week? Then what? And then they end up playing each other again in the CCS playoffs? Then one or both play DLS in NorCals? Distinct possibilities all

Sadly, DLS is almost always our best option and representative for the Open game. Now more than ever. And even they haven’t been able to stand up to the transfer war teams down South.

Well, these games are hard to predict and games can open up and get lopsided when they really shouldn't have, just because, as you know, kids get down, but I thought Granite Bay was pretty good when we played them. We had just come off a 4 game win streak, so we went into that one pretty fired up but their defense stifled us, which at the time, was a bit easier to do as we seemed pretty limited in some ways offensively partially due to a new system that is getting better as the kids learn it and the OC knows more about the kids is doing a really good job.

Granite Bay is not as good as Rocklin, that is clear, but they're pretty darn good. I think they'll give Folsom a game but I would expect Folsom to win and depending upon how the game opens up, or doesn't, it could be a close game.....or it might not be if GB gets down mentally and then far enough away to stop playing hard. That's often what happens when SFL teams play Folsom in the past and then the scoreboard looks like a boat race at the end.

I like GB's tough nosed mentality. They have a couple of really good athletes and I think their QB was pretty good and could run a bit. Granite Bay has a punchers chance if they can out physical Folsom and punch them in the nose early. GB has played a tough schedule too so they should be hardened for battle. My worry for GB is can they take away Flores (he can be stopped with a disciplined athletic corner), and the TE, and then getting pressure on the Folsom QB. We could be surprised tonight. I am pulling for the Grizzlies on this one.
I'm just wondering if Folsom isn't beaten up a little bit after the DLS and Rocklin games. They might be a little vulnerable right now. Something to keep an eye on

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT